Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Bridge Bug Testing on the TestServer

I was on the test server, and after I had the bridge planned, I try to add materials to it, and it tells me that I cannot stand on the same tile, so I get off the tile, then it tells me I must be on the bridge......any help plz :)

Thanks

Not really a bug but there is a placeholder image for the "continue" action in the select bar.

fw36n6.jpg

Edited by Tigrosaur

I was on the test server, and after I had the bridge planned, I try to add materials to it, and it tells me that I cannot stand on the same tile, so I get off the tile, then it tells me I must be on the bridge......any help plz :)

Thanks

It sounds like you were standing on a tile below the bridge part.  Try standing on the tile you were on when you planned the bridge.  Then as you complete each bridge section, stand on that one to build the next.

I"m sure I tried to stand on every tile, but I'll log in shortly and try this for sure and see if it works. Thanks

The ability to plant lamps on bridge is blocked by the depth of water under a bridge (tested on a stone bridge). Getting "[15:45:10] The water is too deep to plant the lamp."

Planting lamps on bridge no longer appears to be blocked by depth of water

Dear Devs!

I'd like to report on an issue with rope bridge built on rock tile.

My plan was to connect the top of a tower to a tunneled rock tile at a special height. Everything works fine, but there's a bug: when I try to leave the cave in the direction of the bridge, it doesn't work and I stuck in the tile border. I tested it while I was climbing, I don't know what happens without climbing, but anyway it's a bug.

Here are a few pictures of the test below:

ZdE4JtU.png

sfCWLOC.png

AnN3jCc.png

• Like 5

Not sure what the deal is but i got stuck trying to go over a few of the bridges while i was on test today just going across them. It was rubber banding me back to the one spot till i logged out. I only went over four bridges and two of them i got stuck on so seems like you have a lot of work to do still.  (wooden and rope was the ones i had trouble with one of them was with the name capi's.... there by the starting area)  

You may need to have a lvl exit , so a mag to colapse and dig out....

Its a bug, you should not be able to plan a bridge to a cave tunnel. (I cant)

So not sure how you got this configuration - please do tell me.

Which end of the bridge is the cave entrance? (North/South/West or East)

• Like 1

Not sure what the deal is but i got stuck trying to go over a few of the bridges while i was on test today just going across them. It was rubber banding me back to the one spot till i logged out. I only went over four bridges and two of them i got stuck on so seems like you have a lot of work to do still.  (wooden and rope was the ones i had trouble with one of them was with the name capi's.... there by the starting area)  

Yea, its a known issue and the main bug holding bridges up at the moment.

Thanks

Opps, sorry fixed an issue and managed to generate this one. Will be fixed later today.

Its a bug, you should not be able to plan a bridge to a cave tunnel. (I cant)

So not sure how you got this configuration - please do tell me.

Which end of the bridge is the cave entrance? (North/South/West or East)

The cave entrance is east from the tower.

(Btw the test tower is northeast from the starting point.)

I don't think it's a bug, but the building process was tricky:

First, I made a tunnel with two 90° turns, mined up, and tunneled again from inside, one tile higher.

Then I realised I can't make a bridge plan there. :)

So I collapsed the entrance with a Mag priest, and made flat the border of the rock tile.

After that I was able to plan the bridge on the rock tile, and so connect the tile border with the top of the tower.

Finally, I finished the bridge, and tunneled the rock tile again from the inside of the cave, as it was before.

It would be an awsome functionality, if I was able to go out from the cave through the bridge. :)

I can go into the cave from the bridge, but can't get out from there. It is possible that the problem is the steepness of the cave entrance?

• Like 1

You wont be able to have a mine entrance next to a bridge (including its ends), it causes too many problems.

I had a question that might be easier to just ask then test..

Once a bridge is placed can you build a building on the tile that it starts or stops? I have a place where i am planning on putting in a bridge and was wondering if i can build the house now or if i need to wait and put the bridge in first.   

You wont be able to build a house on the end of a bridge. So house first.

• Like 2

Will you be able to have a bridge going from a house/tower to a mine?

Or from one mine opening to another across a large ravine , just wont be able to have a door on mine opening..

Some roads or highway could use this option.

And keep up the good work Wurmians  ;)

You wont be able to have a mine entrance next to a bridge (including its ends), it causes too many problems.

Tich mentioned already. 

So does that mean the tile the bridge ends on can't be connected to a mine entrance? or that it has to be seperated by at least 1 tile before the mine entrance.

Like [Looooong Bridge]-[Ending Tile]-[flat empty tile]-[Mine entrance] 

Apart from some minor problems like getting stuck on a tile-border when walking onto a bridge (Happens almost every time when walking from my house "Tigrosaur + Encrtia Testing" onto the connected marble bridge) the only real problem I've encountered so far was dying when climbing up a ladder of a stone brick opening.

One time I instantly died as soon as I clicked on the "climb up" action, another time I received two "bruise" wounds, reducing my health to 60%.

However, I cannot reproduce this problem intentionally.

After dying the first time I climbed up and down the ladder literally a hundred times but never encountered this problem again.

Then some other time during "normal" gameplay, I received the bruise wounds on the same exact ladder (not sure if it had to do something with that specific ladder as it was the one mainly used)

[15:40:07] You are already planning a building or a bridge, finish it before planning a bridge.

If you start building a planned bridge but then remove the planned bridge by bashing it you get the above message and can not start a new one. I tried to completely log out and log back in but that did not help any i still got the above message. 

Edit: I do have an unfinished house i am guessing that is the issue, lol (i need to read the messages a little closer it says building or bridge) 

Edited by Kegan

with staircases we need also rotate option becose they can block doors....  

about bridges again!  horse speed same on all pavement or bridges or houses

17km/h on foot walk  cobblestone or other pavement  13km/h on dirt even in cave you are faster then on bridge!

​10km/h on foot walk  stone bridges

​10km/h on foot walk marble bridges

​10km/h on foot walk  rope and wooden bridges

​10km/h on all wooden floors in house  but in bottom floor you can go 17km/h on normal pavement...  stupid

em animals  still pop out on top of bridge if u go behind bridge and way around....

ledders seems to be buged 

annoying stucked and teleporting when you hit them aswell, or when you get on bridge and out... jumping  like crazy and is worst then at start...

[00:38:41] You are teleporting and cannot perform actions right now.

sometimes when i ride with horse on them i get teleported down under bridge and horse stays up there, normaly when enter exit bridges

Edited by RockyBalboa

I just went to the newest test and i could not get my horse/cart to cross a flat stone bridge but seems the walking part was better. 

I just went to the newest test and i could not get my horse/cart to cross a flat stone bridge but seems the walking part was better. 

I found the same thing yesterday, Kegan.  Thanks for the confirmation on both issues.

This is now fixed on the test server if you'd like to try again.