Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Bridge Bug Testing on the TestServer

if you need assistance with testing, ask in irc (#wurm) if a gm is able to help you there.  I have no problem with spawning a bunch of materials at your build location or a cart with crates etc.

• Like 2

so we can build bridges insite of houses?  if yes   will test

Rocky should try a bridge inside a very large donut house. I don't remember seeing one of those tested.

Rocky should try a bridge inside a very large donut house. I don't remember seeing one of those tested.

ok can someone also try make market stall on bridge and if its stays on it ....

ok can someone also try make market stall on bridge and if its stays on it ....

I guess the better question would be if a merchant will stand on the bridge no need for the stall otherwise. 

I guess the better question would be if a merchant will stand on the bridge no need for the stall otherwise. 

Finally got this to work and have been testing staircases, on wood floors.
When I stood on the upper part of the staircase and created a low bookshelf it fell down to bottom floor.

Then I made a coffer but when I pushed it across the corner of the staircase tile it also fell down. (on tile border where it reaches the next floor).

After  that I started pondering more how I could make the staircase take less room in a house and found out it looked to work if I rotated the staircase 90 degree above the previous one.
So I built it and then I could only walk half way down.
This would be great if it could be made possible, else the staircases will need a rather big house to be walkable in a way that also feels realistic.
Personally I would have preferred a more open staircase where we could have put them above each other like a z sort of shape.
Mayby just made of wood with some nice carvings.

Still, I love the feeling of walking up the stairs :P

Edited by Cecci

building a tall stone wall alongside bridge from ground to house causes a glitch at the house end of the bridge, in the section that the bridge fence protrudes above the wall, possible to fall into wall and get stuck (pic below). A low stone wall does not appear to be a problem.

fjorkp.jpg

There is also a surface missing on the model for the new wide wooden window.

25kjzoj.jpg

Edited by Wulfmaer

building a tall stone wall alongside bridge from ground to house causes a glitch at the house end of the bridge, in the section that the bridge fence protrudes above the wall, possible to fall into wall and get stuck (pic below). A low stone wall does not appear to be a problem.

There is also a surface missing on the model for the new wide wooden window.

Just been on test server and totally bugged.  Alt can dig an 8 slope but not a 7 slope - cant flatten a tile with 4, 3, 2 slopes - one slope is too steep, then can dig on a 9 slope - all over the place - just nuts.

Carving knife + logs in crafting window and direct does not give the option of making a shaft, etc.  

All not very encouraging to keep testing....

Hard to see what you are talking about as there is nothing in your spoilers

There is already Jdb's mansion that is testing between the arms of a U shaped building.

Edited by Wulfmaer

ok will try now marble bridges if they are on already :D

they are in test but all i see and get is that... they are not finished or even clost to that,,,

2hchkex.jpg

cant build only plan :D

and i love new msg [01:46:34] looks like bridge would be 3x5 (North-South)

ok staircases, to get up takes forever no one will use them... fix that.... if we can walk fast down why not fast up?  this is stupid

when planing this msg is realy stupid and not needed [01:43:24] There is a corpse under the plan, please remove it before trying again.

Edited by RockyBalboa

ok staircases, to get up takes forever no one will use them... fix that.... if we can walk fast down why not fast up?  this is stupid

cant build only plan :D

They models are not in the graphics pack (yet). They are enabled on the server so the art team can test them.

when planing this msg is realy stupid and not needed [01:43:24] There is a corpse under the plan, please remove it before trying again.

It is needed, I don't want people to plan a bridge and put a support over some corpse.

It is needed, I don't want people to plan a bridge and put a support over some corpse.

Is it wrong to assume that because of all this protection underneath, the supports are going to have collision detection?

• Like 1

would be nice if someone inform me when  models insite so i can test marble again :D

Is it wrong to assume that because of all this protection underneath, the supports are going to have collision detection?

You can't boat through those supports, if that is what you were asking

• Like 1

i did check something .yes i got on test with help moved away from starter city something there crashs my wurm

why is a bridge got to be 20tiles off max depth shovel can dig.. seems to me this will rule out alot of area from getting bridges and i don't see the point?

i would of tested this long ago . but with crash i get near start town i could not test

this are numbers people would like to know so they can plan ahead

Posts removed.

Again, keep posts strictly to the testing of bridges; further off topic postings will result in an immediate warning.

You wont be able to build over lava tiles, I only enabled it to see what would happen.

Lava spreads. 

I've seen it go up very steep slopes, turn dirt tiles to lava, etc.  Lava will get underneath bridges somewhere.

• Like 1

will it be possible to build a bridge across a house?

will it be possible to build a bridge across a house?

Not over a house or in a house.