Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Bridge Bug Testing on the TestServer

Posts removed.

A reminder to please keep posts strictly for feedback on features and reporting issues, not for suggestions or general banter.

Not sure if I over looked someone already posting this. But it appears that 2 bridges can't share one tile (i.e north side of tile edge for one bridge and south tile edge for the other) Is this an intended feature that will require 2 tiles between each bridge? or is something bugging out? As the picture shows, i'm trying to start another bridge just on the other side of the tile that's highlighted.

0l6dWnX.jpg

I'm not feeling like digging through the whole thread, but I've got a bug to report:

If you walk by the corner of a stone bridge forcing yourself onto the space between stone wall and wall on the bridge, you're gonna get launched down and die.

Some very minor things:

• Single items dropped on a bridge land correctly, but piles float level with the highest tile border
  • You can't embark a boat outside a bridge from under a bridge, or vice versa
  • Typo in the event message at the end of holding range pole, should be "You get bored...."

I tried to no avail to lure some spiders into a 1 tile bridge, they refused to walk in, and while you will be able to hit or receive dmg wen fighting a mob standing on the land tile from the abutment, once you move to the first crown tile the fight ends.

Only tested in a 15x1 rope bridge, idk if its valid for other size and type.

Not sure if I over looked someone already posting this. But it appears that 2 bridges can't share one tile (i.e north side of tile edge for one bridge and south tile edge for the other) Is this an intended feature that will require 2 tiles between each bridge? or is something bugging out? As the picture shows, i'm trying to start another bridge just on the other side of the tile that's highlighted.

What error do you get?

What error do you get?

[08:28:05] You check for any bridges that may interfere with this bridge.

[08:28:08] There is an existing bridge '(Name) flat stone brick bridge' too close to where you are planning this bridge to go.

[08:28:08] You stop surveying.

[08:28:08] You pack up the dioptra.

I had the same issues but thought it was just intended so posted the error for you. 

Edited by Kegan

Thanks Kegan, You just saved me from having to go through my event logs :)

small bug.:    If 2 players are using the crafting window to continue the same section of bridge... the window does not update to show the other player adding a part. it doesn't hinder continuing, but it can give an inaccurate idea of whats left to add.

And to add, i think someone mentioned it but i'm adding a picture. The gap between the stone bridge and rope bridge allows you to walk between them, But it causes you to start ping-ponging back and forth to instant death

oZ7FQKJ.jpg

Edited by Metrix

Thanks, not intended, so will fix it.

All's well now! 

Thanks Tich

when u walk under bridge you get hurt can die,,,  

cant plan bridges at all says alt dont have pole   but he does

when u walk between rope and stone bridge you fly a bit then fall and die ....

small bug.:    If 2 players are using the crafting window to continue the same section of bridge... the window does not update to show the other player adding a part. it doesn't hinder continuing, but it can give an inaccurate idea of whats left to add.

Came across that one the other day as well.. think you will find its the same with anything being built using crafting interface.

And to add, i think someone mentioned it but i'm adding a picture. The gap between the stone bridge and rope bridge allows you to walk between them, But it causes you to start ping-ponging back and forth to instant death 

Known problem, and may well delay bridges going live.

cant plan bridges at all says alt dont have pole   but he does

is the active item, and right click on ground and select hold. (you don't equip it).

if there is a cart on a bridge, you can not get on it, it says "you need to be closer to the cart" does not seem to work from ground level either

is the active item, and right click on ground and select hold. (you don't equip it).

oh my bad :D will test again :D

planing seems to works nice.... sadly i didnt see marble bridge option?  whys that?  is just white stone bridge lol

flat bridges looks nice... arch nees a bit love at short distances and higer distances...

also no option to make 2 or 3wide bridge...  only 2 bridges one by another?  so how to make more wide bridge

2m4ske8.jpg

first step on bridge is not smooth,,, you fall for 1 slope 

Edited by RockyBalboa

To make a two wide (or more) you have the two players stand with a tile (or multiple tiles) offset, not in a straight line.

Edited by ago

The server has become almost unplayable for me due to lag, so hopefully these issues I found are truly bridge related and not due to the lag.

• I lagged while working on a 22 tile 5 steep stone arched bridge that is over 40 deep water and accidentally walked onto an unfinished section.  The fall into the 40 deep water instantly killed me.
  • When planning this 22 tile bridge, I had to time the range pole hold just right.  My character wouldn't hold the range pole as long as the planner took to plan the bridge.  So I had to make sure to start the dioptra first, and then start the range pole 20-30 seconds later.
  • I tried to climb down off of one of my dirt mounds next to a rope bridge and it killed me instantly.
  • I disembarked my large cart on a double wide wooden arched bridge that is over water and it would not let me command the cart again.  I had to unhitch the horses.  They reappeared in the water and under the bridge.  Finally I had to unload the cart to drag it off the bridge.  Which brings me to the next issue.
  • When unloading crates out of a large cart on a wooden arched bridge, the crates do not appear on the bridge.  They end up under the bridge, and in the water.
  • In the planning stage of a bridge, before adding any materials, you can destroy the whole structure by removing one part.  Once completed, it appears you have to bash out each individual section.  I am guessing that this was intentional, but wanted to report it just in case.

On a side note, the Start area has changed.  I died last night on a character that I had forgotten to drop his tent.  I selected the "Start" option because that was the area with all of the resource signs and the fantastic guard tower.   Now it spawned me out in the middle of nowhere.  It took me at least 30 minutes to wander around to find my way back. :huh:   Why?

Edited by Aaron_IRL

so do we test marble bridges too?

Sorry, not at this time.

is it intended for walls to be built under bridges? If so, i found a problem with it. I built a low stone wall along the southern side of the tile, directly under the bridge. if i try to approach from the north. i get stopped along the northern tile boundry. it also does this if i attempt to approach the same tile from the west. but works fine(doesn't stop me) if i approach from the east. pics below to help illustrate the situation.

Av2UFCW.jpg

Edit: It seems to only do this under a completed portion of a flat wood bridge. Works fine under a incomplete section of the same bridge, and works fine under a completed flat stone bridge and rope bridge

Edited by Metrix

One small thing I noticed footstep sounds are those of the tile underneath.

[11:28:54] Planned bridge area is 7 tiles long and 1 tile wide.

[11:28:54] (7:abFFFBA)

[11:28:59] You stop surveying.

[11:29:28] (abFFFBA)

so what is with this?

we also cant drop dirt under bridge

[11:31:34] The dirt would flow down into a structure. You are not allowed to drop dirt on structures.

or flatten

[11:32:13] You can not flatten from the inside.

or dig

[11:32:34] The structure is in the way.

but can pack  and pave

104gkuv.jpg

holding pole is now 20miin timer   but problem is stamina run out fast.  with 45 stamina skill  you can hold it like 3-4min max (2 wide bridge)

longer bridge you plan more time is needed for it.   7 tiles long take like 2min,   28 tiles long 2 wide 5min

sw639d.jpg

when i plan this bridge... wooden flat... got another event spam msg like CCAAsaaAAACCAA

Edited by RockyBalboa

The event spam is only for test server, it shows me what components are in the bridge

a/A = Abutment (case dictates which way it faces)

b/B = Bracing (case dictates which way it faces)

C = crown

D = Double Bracing

E = Double Abutment

F = Floating

S = Support

As to the dirt side... it uses same rules as buildings, I've not allowed anything extra under bridges.

Longer bridges do take longer to plan, correct.