Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Bridge Bug Testing on the TestServer

This is now fixed on the test server if you'd like to try again.

Yes seems to be working fine and i disembarked/embarked 20 or so times on the bridge and that seems stable as well. The only thing i seen issues with the short time i tested was dropping items in the bridge and the reduced speed. (stone flat) 

ok speed on foot passing bridges is now same as on  pavement that is great   also in MS houses works perfect  :D

but   if u ride on cart thru bridges and you hit fance area you get kicked out of cart or you can walk thru bridge and get down.   that happend to me on stone, rope bridge 1 wide around 7 tiles long on first tile sometimes i get kicked on fance and can walk on it like here on pic,

no problem at all on marlbe bridge

karz8y.jpg

till i get from marble on house and when i miss rope fance i get kicked from cart down from house and if that was 12th floor i would die!  Rope bridge must act as 1 wide bridge not half!

30bpp43.jpg

for some reason we can now walk in walls again and see what is insite

still bug with passing from bridge to house you jump ,,,, on horse is even worse...  is like 1 slope jump

from bridge to land and way around works nice and smooth 

i see also problem pushing items insite of support beams for marble and stone bridges that we cant walk thru or look into them to get items back...  

Edited by RockyBalboa

I am testing sailing under the bridges on the new boat models and the collision doesn't work there, it on the other hand works when the played model steering the boat collides with the bridge foundation as it would when walking there. Is this as intended or are the boat/bridge collision on hold?

If so I would consider that little bad because that would mean all bridges have to be changed after it have be re-added.

I am continuing testing the bridges, what I have found out so far is:

•     I am able to drive with a large Cart onto a 1 tile wide rope bridge but on the bridge I am embarked out of my cart when I turn around on the bridge and drive on to the railing of the bridge. It took me some retries to get back to where I entered the bridge.
  •     On all the bridge models I get disembarked from a cart if I drive towards the railing.
  •     I was also driving under the bridge on (Image 1) and I dropped out of the Cart. This was the direction I was going. (Probably normal but I need to stand on the grass to embark).
  •     I was driving my cart on this wood bridge I found and there was unfinished section and I of course drove over it for test purpose. I drop to thru the hole and cant drive further, but I have to disembark from the cart to be able to walk. I went back up and saw that the wheel is spinning (screenshot doesn't show that) and horses are under the bridge (Image 2). When I embark as passenger the left horse appears on the bridge. I can back out if I embark again as commander.
  •     If I drive from dirt tile to unfinished bridge section I can't drive further and am stopped,  different from above note (might be because of slope is more than horses/carts can go). But disembarking drops I slide under the bridge (Image 3).

Image 1

DihcxA3.jpg

Image 2

Ja1MUKC.jpg

Image 3

gV3GZgO.jpg

Not sure how to approach this subject without having my post removed so bear with me plz.

First off I'm extremely excited to have bridges in Wurm but having played the game for some time now, it is rare that a major feature like this gets implemented without major bugs.

My experience with the test server is its difficult to actually test anything as your there by yourself most of the time. Again from my experience, the people who use the test server aren't there to find bugs to report and make the game actually function better but instead they are there to find said bugs so they can take advantage of them on the live servers.

Why not release bridges on a Challenge map where you will get 100+ players racing to use bridges and test them on a live server? People will stumble across all kinds of bugs but there will be enough players there to see the actual issues and get them reported/fixed before releasing them on the more permanent servers.

I'm excited to have bridges implemented in Wurm, I simply would like to have the bugs worked out first and am willing to wait a little longer to make sure that happens.

• Like 3

Not sure how to approach this subject without having my post removed so bear with me plz.

First off I'm extremely excited to have bridges in Wurm but having played the game for some time now, it is rare that a major feature like this gets implemented without major bugs.

My experience with the test server is its difficult to actually test anything as your there by yourself most of the time. Again from my experience, the people who use the test server aren't there to find bugs to report and make the game actually function better but instead they are there to find said bugs so they can take advantage of them on the live servers.

Why not release bridges on a Challenge map where you will get 100+ players racing to use bridges and test them on a live server? People will stumble across all kinds of bugs but there will be enough players there to see the actual issues and get them reported/fixed before releasing them on the more permanent servers.

I'm excited to have bridges implemented in Wurm, I simply would like to have the bugs worked out first and am willing to wait a little longer to make sure that happens.

that's an interesting concept ... +1

[04:19:45] <Dadamagee> you can load boats on to ship transporters when the transporter is on top of the bridge and the boat is unders the bridge

[04:48:38] <Dadamagee> [03:47:33] Adolescent hurse stop dragging a ship transporter. (you can unhitch horses from carts/wagons from under the bridge)

You can also hitch horses on vehicles on top of the bridge under certain conditions.

Can Bridges be planned with in the Holy Aura of a Epic Structure?

Stone bridge walls are not aligned to any of the stone walls - stone wall is too low, stone fence is too high.

On top of a house I could not find any walls match as well - stone parapet is a little bit lower, plus parapet is wider than the bridge wall.

[14:29:40] The trader will only set up shop where no other creatures except you are standing.

can do stall on bridge seems but when i want to place merchant its give this error.

we get right now same error when we try set merchant in someone house you are not owner...  will this be fixed or guest list added for bridges?

1zbujc6.jpg

more or less bridges are smooth now for use... also staircases new ship models are nice...   but corbita is realy bad,.. also onboard graphic are not well made

Edited by RockyBalboa

but corbita is realy bad,.. also onboard graphic are not well made

Yes I think the model of the interiors of the corbita is unfinished yet...

Do note that I GM-cheated to get that merchant stall on the bridge, you will not be able to build one as a player.

Long arched bridges on test look awkward with a high arch setting, like a rollercoaster ride. Shouldn't the steepness of these be limited lower to avoid this look?

Also is there a length check if a bridge can be built near to water level? A 3 tile lonv total arched can be built at around 20 slopes above water level but trying a 10+ or so long goes to error requiring the 60 slopes from water.

This is not a bug but i see it being a visual problem somewhat.  My bridge has been up for well over a month now on test and the grass has not spread under it so i am guessing that it wont.  

Suggestion: I think that we should be able to plant flowers/grass under them or there will be a lot of ugly bridges out there.  At the every least let the grass spread under them since a lot of players will forget to do the finishing work in the excitement to get them up. 

Edited by Kegan

Think of bridges as being writless house. The area under the bridge is like inside a house.

That being said I'm all for being able to cultivate/sow/plant indoors!

Think of bridges as being writless house. The area under the bridge is like inside a house.

That being said I'm all for being able to cultivate/sow/plant indoors!

Well the only thing i can think of to not allow grass to be planted inside would be for animal hoarding but they fixed that with the ratio thing. Not only would this fix this problem it would also help with the stable stalls that are made so you could replant packed tiles there too.

This is getting off topic somewhat but just wanted to point it out in hopes they can figure out something on this. 

Wood plank and stone brick stairs currently have the same model - the floor on the upper floor is wood planks for both.

• Like 1

Un hitched a cart under a bridge the horses ran above the bridge so i walked on the bridge.mounted a horse on the corner of a bridge the screen froze and i couldent dismount as the tile wos 2 far away.I think it wos because it froze with me looking upwards kind ove.Only thing i could do wos drop items from my inventry and log out

Where you still stuck when you logged back in?

Hi!

I've found two more bug.

I went against the center of a few dirt high rope bridge, and the client suddenly closed. The problem is when I logged back, I was in the bridge. I was able to move in the crown part, but there was no way out, so I think I've stucked there forever. It should work like relog after stucked in a stone fence: put the caharacter on the bridge, or next to it.

I've found a huge bug of staircases.

This bug happend in all structures I've tested. The collision of walls being on tiles connected to a staircase tile is very bad. If I run against a wall, I always go through them, then being put back in the wall OR I can teleport up onto the second floor of the structure. For instance, in a 3x3 structure with a staircase in the center, all walls are affected by this bug.

Bug #2 above - the structure Iorveth's Villa, to the north east of the starter town is exhibiting this problem.

Where you still stuck when you logged back in?

I dident log back in as it wos late.ill update later on and let you know.I dought it thow as i should dismount and horse will be gone

I wos able to move as normal when i relogged.horse had gone thow

Edited by pugwash

Can the tiles underneath a bridge be dredged after the bridge is complete?

Edit -- just read back. You can't terraform under a bridge.

Edited by Milosanx