Sign in to follow this  
MarkSilard

Put new servers with new game mehanic on separate hardware

As title says, put new servers with new game mechanic on separate hardware, so players on other servers don't have to be frequently interrupted in playing game with restarts for fixing bugs in that new game mechanic. Same as it's done with test servers.

• Like 1

Who said this has anything to do with challenge? who said they arent on seperate servers.

Stop complaining, when you run your own mmo you can call the shots, stop trying to be the backseat driver

• Like 1

Who said this has anything to do with challenge? who said they arent on seperate servers.

Stop complaining, when you run your own mmo you can call the shots, stop trying to be the backseat driver

I am sorry. Didn't know i have no right to put new suggestion if I do not own my mmo. Will not do it again.

afaik the problem is all the live servers use the same code,so all of them have to be updated for any changes.

• Like 1

afaik the problem is all the live servers use the same code,so all of them have to be updated for any changes.

This was going to be my response...

• Like 2

PvE and PvP, be it Challenge or otherwise, needs separated and not just hardware. I would bet PvP would get less lag on a dedicated server without all us "carebears" and their horses sharing the blades. Also, for the most part, PvP servers don't like Freedom implementations and Freedom servers don't like PvP implementations. No one likes it when their server has to go down for a bug on the other flavor. But since this was a Thursday restart, my guess would be it was the routine maintenance one which we all get regardless.

Which is a circular argument.

Aha, I missread the OP, I thought it was a comment about Challenge. The suggestions we need first then is to split the code, but that has already been mentioned a multitude of times and I believe one of the main the stumbling blocks there is maintaining bank accounts etc between clusters if the code is split.

• Like 1

The biggest pickle in the ice cream, to my thinking, would be Chaos. Are they not part of Freedom regardless of being PvP?

The biggest pickle in the ice cream, to my thinking, would be Chaos. Are they not part of Freedom regardless of being PvP?

• Like 1