Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

More than 600 seconds warning

I am in a wind in my face sailing. I can't get anywhere in 10 minutes. This game needs longer restart warnings simply for the fact I can die 20 times over in the time it takes for it to load for me while the local fauna can see me instantly.

• Like 5

+1, again

if it is *anything* other than a maintenance reset (server has been up for too many days--starting to lag) then the warning needs to be at least 15 minutes

I made it into a fence with 90 seconds to spare. :P So I guess I can get somewhere in 10 minutes.

Wouldn't it make more sense if once the server shutdown timer is initiated animals stop attacking you and the wind turns to a gale effective in whatever direction you are sailing? I guess horses could all run at max speed too or something to help everyone get home fast. Let's be serious Rolf can't wait around for 2 hours to shut down a server before he can make a update.

Edited by Gavin

I think there are other issues at hand, like why people choose to live on a server (Or why the devs chose to release, said server) that is so huge that you would NEED a 30 minute warning to get to the nearest point of safety.

How about fixing some good ol' bugs instead?

+1.  Even better would be actually scheduling resets in advance, as opposed to just doing them whenever.  If you know you need to reset the servers every 5 days to deal with lag, schedule the resets for a known time, 5 days ahead! While there are sometimes serious bugs that require out-of-schedule restarts, it seems to me like the vast majority of restarts are known about at least somewhat in advance.

• Like 2

When you are sailing at 5kmh, nothing is close. The small servers are what? 16km wide? That's 3 hours away. Thank Fo I wasn't on Xanadu. It's 10 minutes to cross the bay when you aren't scrambling to find anywhere safe.

It's not so much the distance. It's that the game takes ages to load and the mobs, if present, see me immediately. I don't always log in with immunity as it will say "you are no longer immune" that was posted at some point while I was still waiting on the world to load. Immunity until fully loaded at least would be great.

I was about to post, don't we log in invulnerable? If that turns off somehow it needs to be changed to ignore all movements for the first 5 seconds or so and only then any movement will disable it.

I was about to post, don't we log in invulnerable? If that turns off somehow it needs to be changed to ignore all movements for the first 5 seconds or so and only then any movement will disable it.

Alternatively, if they server is going offline, all players that are online during that time are given a "quick logoff" pack.

This pack includes:

8 animal tokens

1 cart token

1 strength token

Animal token:

Use on an animal to bind this animal to your soul. This animal will now log off with you. This effect wears off next time you log in. If you remain offline for 1 week, the animals reappear without you. You are given 8 of these so that you are able to apply 1 to each of the horses on your wagon and the upwards of 4 animals being led by you.

Cart Token:

Use on a cart/wagon to bind this item to your soul. This can only be done with vehicles that you have the right to 'embark - captain' with. This item will leave the world when you leave the world when you log off. This effect wears off next time you log in. If you remain offline for 1 week, the cart/wagon will reappear without you.

Strength token:

Use this token to consume it. This will increase your max carry weight by 500 but will not change the movement penaltys. This effect lasts for 10 minutes.

*All tokens will decay in about 30 minutes. They are not tradable, not dropable.