Sign in to follow this  
Quistis

Account Giveaway Free

This is the first time I've ever seen something like this. Goodluck on challenge mate

Im new to this game so dont have much to say !

but i think it would be nice to give it away at the impalong thing thay do in this mybe

a game for new ppl play alot this would help out some1 just starting to play the game and give them a big boost .

and my make them fall in love with this game :D

Best of luck!

And hope someone that needs this get's it not someone that has everthing already :D

I see a lot of folks who want the account for themselves. I would give the account to my younger brother who has been wanting to join me in playing this game for several years now. He keeps making excuses why he won't play, but his real reason is that he doesn't want to start from scratch and have to turn to me for help constantly. He has played the game and does like it - even tried to buy a seasoned account so as not to have to start with no skill, but couldn't muster the hefty price tag for a decent one. His finances would allow him to maintain an established character, but not the initial investment to build up a new one. He has plenty of time to play and is looking for a way to spend more time with me. Your offer would be perfect for him and allow me to be able to play with my brother and spend much more time with him doing something we both enjoy. This would make an awesome Christmas present for him.

And merry Christmas to you! 

I want to start a Fo priest to compliment Jaksully my vyn priest.  I've been toying with idea for a while.  Grinding ws now so I can imp 70 ql weapons.

Would love to have your character My fiancee wants to play the game with and would be great if she had a nice character to play that already has some skills.  We were just go to start our own deed and this would be a fantastic start and was looking for a place to start but with little silver hard to do.  Not in this game to make alot of coin just to have a good time hope you consider us Thankyou

I'll echo what others have said - give away all your stuff (you could run a raffle giveaway if you liked, to make distribution easy), but hang on to your character.  It's likely there will be some form of portal to transfer chars over to challenge in the future, and the silver will be useful for stuff over there.  You can disband the deed for whatever silver is left in the coffers.

I see so many deeds change hands, then gradually decay away.  They end up as sad, rotting hulks.  How much better would it be to clear the site when you go, leaving somewhere that looks nice, but could be a great new home for someone in the future?

Whatever you choose to do, I aplaud your generosity.

Thank you everyone for the comments.

I appreciate the feeback.

The account has been passed to: Roaringdrake

Wish you all the best on Fredom.

[ Happy xmas] 

What a lovelly thing to do.

I have no intrested in a new character since I dont have time for another one. Just wanted to say i think this a very sweet thing to do.

..and I can only imagine how hard it will be to choice to who you will give your character to.

First what many have said about are you sure you want to do this.  I have been around off and on with WURM for a very long time not the longest by far but can date back to a time when only Indi and GV existed.  I stopped playing twice and found it impossible to stay away.  You could very well find you desire to go back to the good old days if you no longer have the character its very sad to have to start from zero again.   Give away the deed I can see that as you prob don’t want to pay the maint on it pending the small chance you might comeback.  And you do not want to see the love deed and all the loving hours you put into to it making it your home, making it as close to your mental dream image as you could. Slowly decay and rot to nothing.  The thought of returning to see it a shambles or chopped up and scattered hurts when you simply think about it.  So pick some one to keep it and love it and use it with the same love you put into it.  However keep the character that way if you should ever tire of Challenge or if it should fail and be no more months from now you will have a character already well along that is already matching you stile of play, to use to rebuild a new dream land.  I know you think Challenge will always be there and it’s so much fun now with all the players on a small server so there is lots of interacting.  Epic servers was much the same when it first started and loads of player went there for a time however after several months the players started returning to Freedom and as the numbers dropped more and more players lost the love they had for epic and returned to Freedom.   Think it through really hard as I know what its like to have to start over with and with out your main characters as I have done each once and it was a lot more fun to have my character waiting for me when I did come back even if my loving land I had developed had been demolished.  You could just as easily liquidate your deed and things you can’t hold while your character goes into hibernation.  I can understand that might be too painful to do to your dream.

If you should still want someone to care for you, your home, animals and lands then I would consider it an honor to and would have the help of my alliance mates whom all are long time players with a respect for the work and heart people have placed in the game.  I have never sold off my deeds and have been playing for over a year this time around and still have my starter deed on exodus which I can’t see sold or left to rot.  The game of WURM is a home not simply things to be used and discarded.  For me it is my world in many ways.  With a wife who is terminally ill (late stage M.S., PCOS, Lupus, F.M.S, and rheumatoid arthritis) she is nearly totally bed ridden needing help to even go to the bathroom.  I am her only care giver and can not leave her alone for any length of time.  Leaving me disconnected from the real world and alone except for my two lovely daughters.  Thank the lord for my military retirement pay and VA disability pay that allows me to stay home and care for her and my girls.  Still if I didn’t have WURM to maintain social contact with other adults (blessed with great friends in WURM that listen to my endless chatter, resulting from my isolation) I think I would have long ago collapsed under the weight of the real world.  For me WURM is not a way to make money or show off I have more things then someone else or even prove I am stronger or better, it is so much more.  It a chance to live and to expand to make a lovely life and world free of the pain and ugliness of the outside world.  This more then anything is why I would care for and value your lands and the work you have put into it as I know its more then just a place to dump your stuff.

Still above all it’s your place your dream, your home, and your hours of endless labor of love.  You should keep what you can of it even if that is just your alternate self you have created.  No one can ever love your character as much as you do as it’s been developed and grown to match the unique person you are.  If you should still pick to hand over your avatar I could hope that I might be able to convince my wife to play your character as I have been trying to get her to play WURM with me as it would be a great social outlet for her (we played UO together long ago for several years).  Her room is already set up with a large screen TV at the end of her bed and a computer with wireless controls so she can use it to socialize with people.  I have little luck in getting her to use it but I still hold out hope.

No mater what I wish you well and hope you stay with WURM for years to come.  That you find it as fun and rewarding as I have.

Trepid

(In game Character name)

Best of luck Roaringdrake - congrats on the new account!

Happy Xmas Quistis, hope you enjoy Challenge! :)

You should do a random select from everyone who comments on here.

Little note in a hat or something and pick it out :D

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the kindness you guys have put into messages,

and I want to thank Pravy, Pagani, and Zahl, for the help they gave me on Xanadu,

Now challenge has started I am so in love with the new way it is set that this play style change

was a big anti Boredom boost.

Having 3 kids, I don't have the time for multiple chars, Quistis would be too much to maintain on top of a challenge char.

Thank's all. 

Giving away: Premium account , deed, and bank, & forum name.

Reason: Becoming a challenge only player.

Char name: Quistis

Deed has roughly 100 days, its 32x 32,

char has a stash of high ql items and silver in bank.

Deed has lots ore vains few animals ondeed guard tower, and

locational buildings, i.e: blacksmiths, inn, farmhouse etc..

1 x referral to claim on the char waiting for when you take over char.

THIS char will be given to a Selected person, from comments.

please comment why I should give you this char I know sounds lame but

I want the char to go to someone who will respect the time/effort ive put into all Quistis owns.

i will take it to Chaos, train it up, and use it for vengeance.

Thank you everyone for the comments.

I appreciate the feeback.

The account has been passed to: Roaringdrake

Wish you all the best on Fredom.

[ Happy xmas]

Roaringdrake or Roarkindrake?

Edited by Galatyn

Congrats Roaringdrake!  Take care of it.  It's an awesome gift.

ill take it and sell it for some free money for me if that is what you are looking for

I would take it and gift it to my brother, he sold his account a while back and severely regretted it but was unable to buy it back..

I am a little new to the game just started about 2 months ago but would love another char. Loving this game. How I get chosen.

- merry Christmas-

-Kenchmoto

I have to say this is the most genuine act of kindness I have seen from someone in the wurm community. Keep it up the world needs more people that think like you.

• Like 1

I would publicly like to say thanks to quistis for giving me the account and wish everyone a merry Christmas/hoilday.

• Like 2

I don't want or need the account, but it's a great gesture and a testament to how great the Wurm community can be!