Sign in to follow this  
filppilp222

Connection Denied: <You need to register an account on www.wurmonline.com.>

As the topic title says, that is the message I get when I try to login with my character. I have had this character for a while now, although I haven't played in a while. I have tried using several different passwords on several different accounts that I have already and they all get the same message. I'm not sure what other information I should provide, but please, ask and I will do what I can. I just want this problem resolved, as it is very aggravating.

EDIT: My character names are: Allyatra, Alyatra, filppilp, and Sceritha. Sceritha being the main one I want to get on.

EDIT EDIT: Also I should add that I have tried password resets on all my accounts and everytime it would say it's an invalid email.

Edited by filppilp222

Were these accounts premium in the past? Accounts that have never been premium are usually deleted after 3 or so months of inactivity.

Edit: I've checked all those names and none of them exist in the database, so I'm guessing none of them were ever premium.

Were these accounts premium in the past? Accounts that have never been premium are usually deleted after 3 or so months of inactivity.

Edit: I've checked all those names and none of them exist in the database, so I'm guessing none of them were ever premium.

No, none of them were premium.

So are you saying they're deleted and gone forever? I was gone, from Sceritha at least, for about 6 months. I intended on logging on to see if anything had happened to the camp I had made with a couple friends.

As firestarter has said, everything on the character is gone. The camp may still be there if you log in on a new account and find the same spot.

However, I did find that when I registered again with the same name after having one of my characters deleted, when I got back to the server it was on, all the people in the friends list at the time, were still in the friends list when I remade the account.

Although they did disappear when I relogged the character

What the ######. Why would they do that? This is the only mmo I've heard of doing that. all those hours I put in the game and just because I take a break for more than 3 months, they delete character for good. It's like they're spiting me for not paying for premium.

However, I did find that when I registered again with the same name after having one of my characters deleted, when I got back to the server it was on, all the people in the friends list at the time, were still in the friends list when I remade the account.

Although they did disappear when I relogged the character

They do it because the characters who were never premium, and haven't been logged in for over three months are seen to be cluttering up the database

I don't care about my friends list, lol. The friends I played with were friends irl. What I do care about is all the stats I built up and the gear/mats I had on me that I took days to grind/farm. All just to have it tossed out the window. Then when I'm confused as to why my character is gone when I come back they say, 'oh its gone forever, sorry just start over.' Right. Thanks.

Honestly, if the accounts were never premium, then the skills would have never been more than 20, which, to be quite honest, takes little more than a few hours to get to

In all honesty, the skills you've achieved as a never premium player were relatively insignificant and can be regained in a very short space of time.

Inactive never premium accounts are deleted because a fair number of people try the game and leave, and that data not only clutters up the database, but also takes up name slots and all sorts. Why should the game have to store data (which costs money) for something that no one has ever paid money for?

All you have to do to ensure the account is never deleted, is pay for premium once.

Honestly, if the accounts were never premium, then the skills would have never been more than 20, which, to be quite honest, takes little more than a few hours to get to

Well yeah, assuming you know what you're doing and decided to do little else than to grind said skills.