Sign in to follow this  
Ginodeal

Bridges

Not trying to start a storm of hate here or harassment towards the GMs but I want to know updates on the status of bridges and hope that we are not going to get the same thing that happened last year where it was just put away on the back-burner and forgotten. So I ask any updates?

• Like 1

Not trying to start a storm of hate here or harassment towards the GMs but I want to know updates on the status of bridges and hope that we are not going to get the same thing that happened last year where it was just put away on the back-burner and forgotten. So I ask any updates?

I see what you did there...

Now if only the Devs could bridge the information gap here and give us some news.

• Like 3

I see what you did there...

Now if only the Devs could bridge the information gap here and give us some news.

They have been posting news about bridges every week for months. What do you want, a personal email every 12 hours?

• Like 2

They have been posting news about bridges every week for months. What do you want, a personal email every 12 hours?

No but when your waiting for over 5 years and then the release is finally here then not its a major disappointment. I want updates. And I want it to not just be forgotten like last time.

I remember this lol :)

"We'll be adding bridges this christmas."  - Rolf, 2006.

WE had an Estimated Release 2 months ago, now... well now, we don't...What is your guess?

Do you see the client updates?

For what server are they?

They are having fun with the new toy, let em be.

Note to himself: It's a good time to put on hold the 3 accounts.

No but when your waiting for over 5 years and then the release is finally here then not its a major disappointment. I want updates. And I want it to not just be forgotten like last time.

• Like 1

Maybe I should've been more clear... I'd prefer more detailed updates. All we know right now is that they're pretty, and they're broken. We also know that Terrain-to-Terrain works better than the other options. What are the actual issues? I recall something about 3D collision, but I think a recent post said that was solved? Specifics, for those of us who understand them. Perhaps some video or screenshots of how the interfaces work - seeing a test character building a bridge would sooth people as it would show just how close they really are. As someone above said, it's been years - and the lack of detail is what nearly all MMO companies use for digital smoke and mirrors.

I'm also not saying that I want them to rush a broken system - I'd just like more detail so we can get a good feel as to how close they really are. Also, honest expectations. I know not everyone will be happy if they came back and said "It's going to be another month, we've run into major issues with <insert problems here>", but at least they won't be called out for being dishonest and giving false expectations. That's all.

this is the problem with release dates/media releases (black mesa source)

Hordern you only say what you have to. It's how you keep your job. Tp are you new frustration is understandable with bridge topic. Yeah there on test server now. Just saw that's awesome.

Edited by Ravenlights

I just assumed once again was a broken promise. The test servers are usually last stage. So that's good. Ty wurm dev for putting in eta on bridges post, so people can use that as a excuse on why there not out as promised.

• Like 1

But there have been updates each week so far... How about at least waiting for a week to go by without a bridge update before asking for updates? ;)

Shhh they just made the bridges live in the test server noob :D:D:D:D:D