Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Clarification of Turret Functionality!

Turret_ClarificationL.jpg

There has been some confusion about how the Turrets function.
Understandable, so lets shed some light on this.

To begin with you craft a so called "Strange Device"

You then need to find a spot to drop it and enchant with:

• Courier, if you are White Light.
  • Dark Messenger, if you are Black Light.

Basically the same spells used when enchanting mail boxes.

Further, the spot you drop it at affects possible success and elemental type of the enchant.

Here are the different variables:

• Acid Turret               = In a Cave
  • Frost Turret              = Near Water
  • Fire Turret                = Near Lava (or something glowing hot on a tile)
  • Air Turret(Lightning) =Very High up on a Mountain

After you have successfully enchanted the "Strange Device" it becomes inhabited with spirits.

It then changes its name and is turned into a "Magic Turret".

When the turret is imbued with an elemental type you can load it on a Large Cart or Wagon.

Place it wherever you want as long as it is not to close in proximity to another turret.

Easy Peasy! Clear as Day!

As they say.

• Like 10

i love this , as i just found out about an hr ago that i could load them in to a cart and hauled one away from an enemy deed we looted

• Like 2

i love this , as i just found out about an hr ago that i could load them in to a cart and hauled one away from an enemy deed we looted

seems like a pointless ineffective defense then 

• Like 5

they should make them only lootable after a drain, similar to how disintegrates work on chaos.

• Like 3

they should make them only lootable after a drain, similar to how disintegrates work on chaos.

it was loaded after we drained the token

Edited by Greasygrundle
  • Like 1

So to be clear this is only for the Challenge server and no other servers?

Would it be possible for the designers to update the Wurmpedia with all the recipes for the new stuff? I can't find anything there.

Well its all good and dandy but like all the toys its a lot to do and yall only give us a month!

How about extend it to 3 months so's we have time to enjoy all the toys and have time to build what we need to have a real war instead of a bunch of sissy lil raids, I'm saying the time frame to build what we need in order to have a good battle (recruit, build defenses, catch horses for cavalry, cut trees, gathers resources, etc, etc,.), just no time!

Ether need to make things a lil simpler to build or give more time, seems to me it would be simpler to just give more time..

3 months would be sweet!!  Anyways just my 2 cent GREAT GAME , Awesome , awesome , awesome :)

• Like 1

Devs posting details on how something in game works? what is this madness! More of this in the future please instead of the tradition of leaving everyone in the dark...

• Like 10

Well its all good and dandy but like all the toys its a lot to do and yall only give us a month!

How about extend it to 3 months so's we have time to enjoy all the toys and have time to build what we need to have a real war instead of a bunch of sissy lil raids, I'm saying the time frame to build what we need in order to have a good battle (recruit, build defenses, catch horses for cavalry, cut trees, gathers resources, etc, etc,.), just no time!

Ether need to make things a lil simpler to build or give more time, seems to me it would be simpler to just give more time..

3 months would be sweet!!  Anyways just my 2 cent GREAT GAME , Awesome , awesome , awesome :)

-1  join chaos or epic

• Like 2

Devs posting details on how something in game works? what is this madness! More of this in the future please instead of the tradition of leaving everyone in the dark...

• Like 1

Ballista's are broken

Hit a person (confirmed via event tab) .. did exactly 0 damage.

Shot a 60ql dart from a 75ql ballista

Sooo we gonna be able to priest quickly for said enchants?

Edited by Klaa

Sooo we gonna be able to priest quickly for said enchants?

Took me about 4 days to priest up and the spell is available at the beginning. Seems fine to me

• Like 2

Ballista's are broken

dat armor penetration tho

inb4 ban for dropping turrets in PvP - bugs galore

How about extend it to 3 months so's we have time to enjoy all the toys and have time to build what we need to have a real war instead of a bunch of sissy lil raids

Edited by syncaidius

Great, now continue explaining new features like this when they are released and put the info on the wiki along with the release.

• Like 1

I suppose the question is if it was 'planted' (like signs) or just dropped ?

Ballista's are broken

Also... to add .. i now have some 40 effective ballistae skill... and it is impossible to hit fences. At best i get "just missed" every tenth shot.

Traditionally it was an anti-personnel weapon -> but it fails with 0 damage against unarmoured individuals.

Edited by trollface

^If the developers would actually PvP (as in join a dedicated group and fight with them, not just join a server, go die once or twice, and declare themselves "PvPers"), then they could prevent this stuff from happening in the first place. Go join these groups, talk to them in their TS, get to know them, fight and die with them. PvP isn't nearly as simple as one might think. This is how problems get fixed, a community setting, not IRC, email, and forum whining.

• Like 1

Other than the whining that occured when the Devs did play back in the day?

Also... to add .. i now have some 40 effective ballistae skill... and it is impossible to hit fences. At best i get "just missed" every tenth shot.

Traditionally it was an anti-personnel weapon -> but it fails with 0 damage against unarmoured individuals.

it can't be dropped nor planted, it's too heavy, only loaded and unloaded.  when made it just falls to ground. can be pushed and pulled