Sign in to follow this  
nosfirebird

enki rule clarifacation about multiboxing(using more then 1 acct)

Macro
Definition: A macro is any software/hardware that automates the sending of actions to the game server without user interaction and is not permitted.
A ) Key locking (IE weighing down a key on your keyboard) is not permitted.
B ) Multiboxing (sending of actions to more than one client at the same time) is not permitted.

Punishment: First offense - Permanent avatar ban.  Second offense - Loss of all avatars/accounts and permanent ip ban.
 - Penalties for macro abuse may be applied at any time pending GM review, even if you have discontinued abusing a macro at time of penalty.

so does this mean we can only play on 1 account at the same time. say im on my smith acct and a priest smithing and praying/enchanting will this get me banned since im multiboxing

Edited by nosfirebird

I don't think he means having two (or more) clients open at once and page flipping and queuing up. He means software that is able to send commands to more than one client being displayed on the screen at the same time.

• Like 5

Honestly dude you have nothing better to do?

Multiboxing refers to using one key press sent to multiple clients/accounts to perform the same action which is illegal, using more than one account at the same time is more multi tasking as long as you control each independently perfectly legit.

• Like 2

Sounds pretty clear to me you can not press one key and have it make more than one charater do an action from the one key press.

There are several ways to do it like software..etc but it all does the same thing and makes one keyboard work all the game clients with one keypress. With this you can effectively have three or more players making say bricks and only have to run it as if you were playing one charater so you could make bricks at a very fast rate giving you an unfair advantage.  

Edited by Kegan

Honestly dude you have nothing better to do?

Multiboxing refers to using one key press sent to multiple clients/accounts to perform the same action which is illegal, using more than one account at the same time is more multi tasking as long as you control each independently perfectly legit.

• Like 1

Within the rules of Wurm it is just as I explained, but thanks for the definition :)

Edited by Jet

Correct, and you''find that A LOT of people have 2 or 3 accounts, running at the same time, flipping between them, parallel play sort of. This is not multi boxing, just doing several things at once, manually. Anything else that influences and automated input, like said above, WILL eventually get you banned, but not what you described O.P

the term multiboxing is used with playing on more then 1 account

Multiboxing is a term used mostly in MMORPGs to refer to playing as multiple separate characters simultaneously. This can either be achieved by using multiple separate machines to run the game or by running multiple separate instances of the game.

Variations on the term are common. Often, the number of accounts used is reflected in the term used: dual-boxing or two-boxing for two characters, three-boxing for three etc

Seeing as how many players use multiple accounts at the same time, and none have been banned specifically for playing on more than one account at the same time, I'd go out on a limb and say you're allowed to.

Also, quick forum search brings up this thread: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/112624-regarding-macros/?hl=multiboxing#entry1150046

gg

Multiboxing in this case is a homonym, whereas the clarification is expanded upon by stating:

sending of actions to more than one client at the same time

The same time would imply an instant, or in a frame of time with no appreciable loss.

Of course you know this already and are just being pedantic over the minutia of the written rules.  Congratulations on wasting everybody's time.

• Like 3

Keybind M to Mine_Forward. Open 3 mining accounts.

Pressing M once, and all 3 accounts make an action = illegal.

Pressing M once on each account to make them all do the same action = legal..

The above is my understanding of it.

And I'm fairly certain it's yours too  ;)

Edited by Heboric

Multiboxing in this case is a homonym, whereas the clarification is expanded upon by stating:

The same time would imply an instant, or in a frame of time with no appreciable loss.

Of course you know this already and are just being pedantic over the minutia of the written rules.  Congratulations on wasting everybody's time.

Wouldn't that fall under macroing though? This is good for clarifying. I don't want to get banned for praying on my priest while minning on my main.

Not sure why people are being so rude about this post.

Sounds pretty clear to me you can not press one key and have it make more than one charater do an action from the one key press.

There are several ways to do it like software..etc but it all does the same thing and makes one keyboard work all the game clients with one keypress. With this you can effectively have three or more players making say bricks and only have to run it as if you were playing one charater so you could make bricks at a very fast rate giving you an unfair advantage.

Multiboxing refers to using one key press sent to multiple clients/accounts to perform the same action which is illegal

Keybind M to Mine_Forward. Open 3 mining accounts.

Pressing M once, and all 3 accounts make an action = illegal.

As far as I know this isn't possible within the game limits of wurm. Other games like WoW, yes, but not wurm. If I'm wrong I would love some proof, till then everyone needs to stop trolling this thread and being assmad because Nos isn't a popular person. This was a completely legitimate question since multiboxing is having two clients open and it isn't possible to send one key command to have multiple boxes perform the same action.... jesus christ this community is so toxic.

Edited by Telvanni
  • Like 2

As far as I know this isn't possible within the game limits of wurm. Other games like WoW, yes, but not wurm. If I'm wrong I would love some proof, till then everyone needs to stop trolling this thread and being assmad because Nos isn't a popular person. This was a completely legitimate question since multiboxing is having two clients open and it isn't possible to send one key command to have multiple boxes perform the same action.... jesus christ this community is so toxic.

I answered in earnest. What you quoted seems answered in earnest. Unless everyone is waiting for Enki to post the same thing, the question is answered... nicely.

• Like 1

He asked a question I answered, Just clarified the rules nothing more nothing less. You want to get all nit picky on definitions go for it.

No one mentioned nothing about Nos being unpopular only you. Then bad mouthing the community - might want to take a look in the mirror.

I think this is more a problem of how that rule was poorly redacted and explained.

And we already know how much problems, exploits and loopholes a rule can cause on this game.

inb4 "it isnt, learn2read"

• Like 1

lol, you asked him why he doesn't have anything else better to do.... you might not have directly mentioned it.... but it is obvious that everyone is hostile in their responses to this question because of his rep. I merely brought it up directly.

The rule explains itself "(sending of actions to more than one client at the same time)"

• Like 1

He asked a question I answered, Just clarified the rules nothing more nothing less. You want to get all nit picky on definitions go for it.

No one mentioned nothing about Nos being unpopular only you. Then bad mouthing the community - might want to take a look in the mirror.

with how my group plays the game we need to be nit picky with the definitions of the rules and mechanics of the game i was just asking for clarification from enki on the topic since i do play on more then 1 account. i check the rules section every day to make sure there wasnt any rule changes or mechanic's that have been changed before playing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplexer

• Like 1

The rule explains itself "(sending of actions to more than one client at the same time)"

you cant really send actions at the same time wurm is reliant on the cursor and windows active im just wanting to make sure about the term multiboxing

If you need clarification from Enki... forum PM Enki. Making a thread like this is 100% attention seeking.

• Like 3

Which isn't possible. Therefore the rule shouldn't even exist.

• Like 1

B ) Multiboxing (sending of actions to more than one client at the same time) is not permitted.

↓

B ) Multiboxing is not permitted.

Whoever wrote that rule, it seems to think and/or imply that multiboxing is "(sending of actions to more than one client at the same time)".

Not that "while multiboxing you can't send actions to more than one client at the same time".

As I said, poorly redacted rule.

• Like 1