Sign in to follow this  
irobotnik8

Send me your meditation logs!

Hey! I'm coming up with a skillgain estimation equation for meditating! I will need help gathering data though, so if you'd like to help, please post in this thread!

If you have over 20 meditating skill, please send me: 

- logs of all 5 of your first 5 daily meditation chances (i.e. whether or not they were successful and your skillgain amounts). Please note: I will need all 5 of the logs, not just the successful ones. 

- the amount of CoC on your meditation rug

- your current skill level (rounded to the nearest hundredth, i.e. 40.06)

- the QL and type of your rug, with QL rounded to the nearest hundredth (e.g., normal, 12.27)

- whether or not you were using sleep bonus

- # of affinities you have for meditation

- Epic or Freedom

Yes, I realize skillgain is based on a RNG but RNGs are predictable to a degree. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by irobotnik8

Skill: 55.19, all meds with SB

Rug: Exquisite with 80 CoC, 67.26 QL with 18.31 damage

Med 1:

[20:56:14] Soul depth increased by 0.00150 to 25.3441

[20:56:14] Nature increased by 0.00685 to 42.6742

Med 2:

[21:28:39] Soul increased by 0.00122 to 23.6857

[21:28:39] Nature increased by 0.00761 to 42.7240

[21:28:39] Meditating increased by 0.0747 to 55.269

Med 3:

[22:04:34] Soul depth increased by 0.00175 to 25.3527

[22:04:34] Meditating increased by 0.0744 to 55.343

Skill: 55.19, all meds with SB

Rug: Exquisite with 80 CoC, 67.26 QL with 18.31 damage

Med 1:

[20:56:14] Soul depth increased by 0.00150 to 25.3441

[20:56:14] Nature increased by 0.00685 to 42.6742

Med 2:

[21:28:39] Soul increased by 0.00122 to 23.6857

[21:28:39] Nature increased by 0.00761 to 42.7240

[21:28:39] Meditating increased by 0.0747 to 55.269

Med 3:

[22:04:34] Soul depth increased by 0.00175 to 25.3527

[22:04:34] Meditating increased by 0.0744 to 55.343

Thank you. Were those only the ones that you gained skill on or were those your only meditations for the day?

I did some tests on this a while ago from 60-70 and found there was roughly a 0.29% drop in skillgain per tick.

99 coc rug + sleep bonus - I used this as my theoretical to see how long it would take to get to 70. It was pretty much spot on when I did my estimates albeit 0.0000xxx off.

Edit, wrong spreadsheet figures

ill have to find the correct ones

Edited by MetalDragon

1QL 100BoTD Fine Rug, 0 DMG

Sleep Bonus, Intellect of the Enlightened, 2 Affinities

Meditation One:

[12:14:45] Soul depth increased by 0.00101 to 40.6815
[12:14:45] Nature increased by 0.00662 to 53.2984
[12:14:45] Meditating increased by 0.0433 to 77.798

Meditation Two:

[13:04:03] Nature increased by 0.00662 to 53.3050
[13:04:03] Meditating increased by 0.0432 to 77.841

Meditation Three:

No Skill

Meditation Four:

[14:10:50] Meditating increased by 0.0431 to 77.884

Meditation Five:

[16:44:34] Meditating increased by 0.0430 to 77.927

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Xallo

I made an excel spreadsheet of my meditation attempts. There's about 1150 attempts recorded. Take a look: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jut5Eq5-OEnDIG_M6rkgv_eoYaVMmuAdMhqnvdNAzoA/edit?usp=sharing

Explanation: The "Recent Data" sheets are the most recent, and the accuracy of the sleep bonus being on/off is more accurate. For the "All Data" sheets, whether I had my SB on for the unsuccessful attempts is an assumption. All Data is still useful, as there are few anomalies (and they are marked), except if you are trying to calculate whether sleep bonus affects tick frequency.

This is on Freedom, with no affinities in Meditating. I don't have rug QL information for you, just that I started with a 50 QL rug and used it until it was ~10 QL, and kept it around that afterwards. All CoC 17 attempts were a normal rug, and CoC 77 were exquisite.

Edit: Rugs are a decoration, which means their QL is listed when they are examined. Without too much effort, I could extract rug QL at various points in time (whenever I happened to examine it), if that would help.

If anyone wants to do the same for their meditation logs, I did it this way (in Windows):

Open command prompt and enter:

E:\wurm\players\LaRue\logs>for /R %G in (_Event*) do (find "finish your meditation" %G) >>c:/meditation.txt

Obviously, replace the player name with your name, and the Wurm directory location with your \logs\ folder location. This command runs a loop to search within all of your _Event files, and it will output the results to a file called meditation.txt, located in the root C:/ drive (you can change that too, if you want).

Then, do it again, but for the _Skills files:

E:\wurm\players\LaRue\logs>for /R %G in (_Skills*) do (find "Meditating increased" %G) >>c:/meditation2.txt

Again, change the player name, location, and output file name, if you want.

This will give you all the raw data you need. The rest is just grooming the data in Excel or whatever spreadsheet program you want to use.

Hope this helps.

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 2

-snip-

I will be using this a great deal in the future. From a statistics geek with very little computer knoweldge - Thank you for the great parsing shortcut.

that log was all I did for the day - didn't have time for any more.

Z, 57 meditation skill

1. 6.5ql, beauty rug, 75CoC
[08:15:03] Meditating increased by 0,0298 to 57,738

2.11 ql, beauty rug, 52CoC
no tick

3. 6.5ql, beauty rug, 75CoC
no tick

Fluffy, 54 meditation skill

1. 6.5ql, beauty rug, 75CoC
no tick

2.11 ql, beauty rug, 52CoC
no tick

3. 6.5ql, beauty rug, 75CoC
no tick

*skills are set to only show the 0,0x  ticks

Edited by Zkovacs

Thank you very much for those data, Larue. Based on your data, I've determined some preliminary results for the value of expected gain at any given level with no sleep bonus and no CoC (ξ(x)). I have represented the formula in the form of a best-fit polynomial of degree 4. The equation is:

ξ(x) = (8e-6)*x^6 - .0027*x^5 + .3915*x^4 + 1296.8*x^2 -29841x + 280633

where x = your current meditation skill. Expected gain with CoC and SB on are: 

ξ(x, C, S) = Î¾(x)*(1+(C/100))*(1+S) 

where C is your CoC power and S is your yes/no value for sleep bonus, represented as 1 for yes and 0 for no. 

Thanks for your help, but this is only half of the final equation.  I will need more data from many more people to determine what effects QL, type of rug, skill, etc. have on your *chances* of getting a meditation tick.

The next part of the equation will be the % chance to gain skill as a function of different variables. I'll call it . The expected gain after 1 try will therefore be:

É›(Δx) = É›Î· * É›Î¾  

where É›(Δx) = expected change, É›Î· = expected % chance, É›Î¾ = expected gain.

Expected gain after multiple tries will have to be recursively calculated or estimated by integration and I haven't come up with a good formula or program for either of those. I'll start working on those when I have more data. 

Edited by irobotnik8

Alright, today I'll try to mine out some rug QL data points. I examined the rug fairly regularly, so the data should be reasonably accurate, especially if you interpolate between data points.

From my point of view, I'm more interested in knowing how likely I am to actually get a tick, and whether rug QL / type / skill etc. affects that than the size of the tick (should I get one).  I can estimate roughly how much skill I'll gain at any given time (based on the last gain), but I can sometimes go days without a tick at all.  If you can tell us how to maximise number of ticks, you'll have my undying gratitude!

From my point of view, I'm more interested in knowing how likely I am to actually get a tick, and whether rug QL / type / skill etc. affects that than the size of the tick (should I get one).  I can estimate roughly how much skill I'll gain at any given time (based on the last gain), but I can sometimes go days without a tick at all.  If you can tell us how to maximise number of ticks, you'll have my undying gratitude!