Sign in to follow this  
phennexion

Challenge = great success, much fun

Thanks for making challenge server!

I'm having a blast! I know everyone's too busy in game to post on forums but its awesome. The skillgain is fair and the fast pace means alot of action already.

As a leader of many villages over the last 7 years. This is the first time I've been able to retain more than 50% of the villages initial day 1 population after 4 days. :) which is awesome!

Great job Rolf, redbaron, and the rest of the team!

• Like 9

I could not agree more. This has made pvp not so scary as a long time 'carebear'. I am quite enjoying this server and looking forward to pvping more in game even outside this server. A++++

• Like 1

So cool that i would eat a cat for that!

On behalf of all the cats in the world.... mrewrr!

And damn, it looks like I am going to have to join Challenge for the next round.

*sighs and clears off January*

yeah i like it a lot too

i kind of wish it was abit longer... maybe 3 months?

• Like 1

On behalf of all the cats in the world.... mrewrr!

Isn't the cap you wear of cat-pelt ?

I found out challenge is not for me. With the skillgain so fast, you might as well take out skills completely, everyone has identical skills, and it feels exactly like runescape pvp. It's not what I like about wurm.

• Like 6

I found out challenge is not for me. With the skillgain so fast, you might as well take out skills completely, everyone has identical skills, and it feels exactly like runescape pvp. It's not what I like about wurm.

Tried it for a day, but it feels like a battleground type of game, but without nice fighting implementation. 

I understand if some people like it, for a while, but I think it will grow old fast. If you remove skilling up, building and decorating your deeds, trading and building roads from a game that is all about those things, what you have left is a very small game.  

It will appeal to people who like instant gratification, but those people seldom play a game for more than a month... 

• Like 2

Storm is my first pvp experience in Wurm. A great way to see how it works - much better than trading the dramas only on the forum.

I like it a lot, I'm sure it is a great place to learn about wurm pvp

I'm a huge PvPer and I love the new server. However, I've found myself playing the support role more, initially, and actually loving it. Providing the materials for the other people in the village to fight with seems to be a role people are overlooking. I've been involved in the exact amount of fighting I've wanted, and I've never been more than a few minutes away from getting into trouble. Replacing gear is a cinch and that alleviates the worry of dying, which I have done plenty of so far.

My only beef with the server, and something I'm sure will get tweaked, is the circumstances surrounding the resource spawns. Building on them, the high powered items they spawn, and possibly their locations. I would go with some limitations of construction in the vicinity of the depots and scale the strength of the items upward as time progresses through the map. I'd also like to see them spread out a little bit more. We have a map that has about half of it being used right now because everything is so centrally located. This allows for a couple of really large groups of people to monopolize the extremely powerful drop items.

I would love nothing better than to see very large groups of players involved in some huge fights, but I'm afraid the lag spikes that are created when many people are in one area makes the fight a confused mess. Still fun, but a total nightmare for coordination.

• Like 4

This server has more problems, than good. If your not on day 1 then you don't have a chance Since you don't keep your noob gear and not having access to rock tiles to rummage, make continueing to play pointless. Then players fence off the starting spawns and camp out side for easy kills.

• Like 2

yeah i like it a lot too

Seems you are taking out the skill as a factor and for some that was all the advantage they had so they don't like it as much since now it becomes a strategy game.

Server currently is running just awesome. The main thing is that people actually realises, that they can be of on top PVPers in no time. But i have to agree to this:

yeah i like it a lot too

I'm afraid to see what happens after the reset, how many will actually stay.

Seems you are taking out the skill as a factor and for some that was all the advantage they had so they don't like it as much since now it becomes a strategy game.

I forgot about all that wurm strategy, like "bring more people" and "hide in this mine".

• Like 4

I tired Challenge and had alot of fun myself on it. Chaos will always be my main inhabitance but I'll definitely pop over tor a laugh every now and again. That said I do wish so much that Epic had been like this from the very start.

I forgot about all that wurm strategy, like "bring more people" and "hide in this mine".

I tired Challenge and had alot of fun myself on it. Chaos will always be my main inhabitance but I'll definitely pop over tor a laugh every now and again. That said I do wish so much that Epic had been like this from the very start.

• Like 3

Started playing friday night.

By sunday evening

i had

85 weapon smithing

85 masonry

85 stonecutting

75 blacksmithing

Body statz 25

I likey lots