Sign in to follow this  
DOE

Advanced Trash heap

So, over here on the challenge server, the best way to skill something up is by making bulk amount of items.

There is no where to put these items, so people drop them on the ground. When there is a lot of items on the ground it creates lag. Lots of lag. Challenge is a pvp server and lag can hurt pvp a lot. 

A new item or something, that can hold more items and maybe destroys them in 30 mins or something would be nice. If you look around the Challenge server you see many pile of items just laying around. 

Would help a lot.  and, another great thing that's been mentioned a ton is a compost type bin that turns things into dirt (maybe from logical items only, like wood items or something)  Alas, still no mention from the devs about anything like any of it ever happening.  We can hope though.

Heck, could even be made into a new skill for things to help farms and crap in some way, but that would require a LOT more work code-wise.

• Like 1

Hmm maybe allow us to load multiple trash heaps to a wagon and have them still function inside the wagon.

Wurm's first Garbage trucks!

And if they make them produce dirt, the garbage people will pay us to pick up our trash! :D

• Like 2

Why bother to skill up at all when it's all temporary?  From what I saw, all the sword and board newb toons were doing it all just fine.  No skills needed!

I never understood why the trashbin does not have an option to delete or empty it's contents immediately.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 3

Why bother to skill up at all when it's all temporary?  From what I saw, all the sword and board newb toons were doing it all just fine.  No skills needed!

This is my question too, and this is why I think challenge is not wurm, complete and utter tripe.

If people play wurm, the way it was intend, and not spend their lives "grinding", but playing it, then it actually turns out to be more fun, and you don't do useless, pointless things like creating stuff that you don't need. After years of playing, I just got to 50 woodcutting, and 60 bs.... YEARS... because I am playing it, not working and grinding my life away.

I think creating a new feature, to remedy the symptoms of a crappy model, is absurd.

• Like 1

I never understood why the trashbin does not have an option to delete or empty it's contents immediately.

Because, it's a "decay" box.

If you "empty" it, where do you empty it to? on to the grass tile next to it, so all the contents just end up on the ground again? Sure, empty would work if you could load it into "bags" and go dump it on your neighbours lawn :)

Anything else makes no sense, let is decay, rot.... dissapear. Or create landfills, and go dump trash heaps there. (sub idea)

If you "empty" it, where do you empty it to? on to the grass tile next to it, so all the contents just end up on the ground again? Sure, empty would work if you could load it into "bags" and go dump it on your neighbours lawn :)

Anything else makes no sense, let is decay, rot.... dissapear. Or create landfills, and go dump trash heaps there. (sub idea)

It would be very nice to have this click option added to trash bins to immediately delete all the items within it. This way many more items could be gotten rid of in a shorter time if desired. Otherwise with less items players could just leave them in to decay on the regular basis.

=Ayes=

So often folks get too serious about being realistic with things in the game, avoiding anything that happens magically, yet we cast spells all day long, put 50 foot tall monsters and felled trees in our pockets and teleport to our deeds.  Let's just agree that it might be possible to have a vanish spell added to the trash bin, ok?

Edited by Propheteer

I like the "turn into dirt" bit, it would balance the dirt "loss" we have (not noticable, but there anyway as dirt decays and is used in charcoal piles).

The empty now would be nice, to prevent abuse (raids, anyone? Faster than sacrificing it) only allow a mayor of a deed to do it.