Sign in to follow this  
Shiraek

Feedback on new music

1. It's awesome

It's very out of context / the client has little to no sense of the context of the pieces. When I'm tapping away along in a tunnel I really don't think the kind of epic "welcome to Minas Tirith" style music makes sense. It creates a really jarring awkwardness that works against immersion rather than with it. That kind of music should kick in when you step into an 8 story stone structure or walk past a colossus or something.

I agree, but it is nice to have new music. The new combat sounds are a little... Different, but a nice addition none the less

Ive had sounds disabled for a long time, running several clients gets confusing, but all thr wurm soundtracks are in my spotify list and I love them

I agree with the OP, I really like the new music, but the cues are way off the mark. Sitting (standing) by the fireplace and imping clothing doesn't really warrant epic battle music, no matter how much I enjoy it in the correct context. :)

Ive had sounds disabled for a long time, running several clients gets confusing, but all thr wurm soundtracks are in my spotify list and I love them

Back when I multi-boxed (because it didn't cost as much as buying a new game every month) I had the other clients configured for no sound... that worked well except when they were out of earshot and got into trouble :)