Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 50

The carrots starting to look very shriveled wen it comes to bridges now.   :(

Don't care too much as I don't really "play" so much anymore, but it's funny that the last few updates sounded so certain that bridges would be in, yet the devs knew it wasn't anywhere near? Why even make the false hope in the first place lol? Just be honest and upfront

"Bridges won't be in for at least 6 months" Boom, done, everyone can get used to it

But then they would have to say "we dont plan on ever implimenting bridges because we are afraid of the pvp consequences". 

sh-- happens, boo hoo, deal with it. That's part of the development process; running into unexpected hurdles and working to overcome them. It's just a shame to see the true character of some children in this thread screaming like entitled children about all the money they have invested in the game, because a feature is being delayed to facilitate non game-breaking implementation. There is enough to be upset with codeclub about that is rational, why make a fool of yourself crying about them doing something smart?

Just like everyone else, I too am eager to see bridges in wurm, but please devs, don't release them until they're not broken and causing problems =)

idk what is going on but Rolf to do list must follow:

1-No new servers, 

2-Bridges fast as posible

3-Auction Houses

4- Mailing bulk in  small crate (50c)

5- New Xmas Tree

6- Limited time items and unique items

8- Protection for Public places like highways, bridges, tunnels...

9- New furniture you already got and ship images.

in that way you gona get new players, new income and great future for wurm.

• Like 1

Bridges weren't implemented when they said they would've been?  Who ever would have thought THAT would happen...  :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm just fed up with the whole thing.  In 6 years, you can't figure out bridges?  Who cares about masks?  Who cares about another server, let alone a PvP one.  Fix the game and make it look like it's actually a game that's currently played, not one that was competing with Space Invaders back in the day.  Oh, and quit making false promises.

Edited by Umbranik
  • Like 1

First, Gaul, you are using last year's calendar, it is Friday the 12th.

Now, to all of you poo-pooing those who are upset about the bridges.  I check most of you and find you have played a year or 2, so you have no idea what we have listened to about bridges for EIGHT FREAKING YEARS.  Those who have played longer are pvpers, and you got something you wanted this week, so be happy about that.  But, at some point you lose all patience and you have to tell Rolf off.  So stay out of it and let us blow off some steam.

Most of us expected a delay, but the big mistake was not being honest about it.  As late as last week, they told us there were still some collision issues, but no word there would actually be a delay.  We got no word at all about the delay until AFTER the promised date arrived and the major update was finished, with the lame excuse they were so busy and tried their best to have it that day.  Communication is everything, and the entire team decided to leave us in the dark, when they could have told us beforehand and most of us would have said ok, as long as they work when they get here.

Personally, I still think it was a bait and switch, so here's my conspiracy theory.  They had some new items for pvp, and Rolf can set up a server pretty fast.  I think they knew a couple of weeks ago it wasn't going to happen, so instead of a major update of new items, they made a quick decision to set up a new pvp server to offer, since the last one they released was pve.  It was an offer they hoped would get us to forgive and forget about bridges for a while, but Rolf has played this game too many times before, and some of us are tired of it.

• Like 3

It's awesome that some of the dev staff are actively playing. You can code all you like but there is no substitute for actually playing the game for real to understand the true impact of the feature they develop.

• Like 1

Personally, I still think it was a bait and switch, so here's my conspiracy theory.  They had some new items for pvp, and Rolf can set up a server pretty fast.  I think they knew a couple of weeks ago it wasn't going to happen, so instead of a major update of new items, they made a quick decision to set up a new pvp server to offer, since the last one they released was pve.  It was an offer they hoped would get us to forgive and forget about bridges for a while, but Rolf has played this game too many times before, and some of us are tired of it.

Wrapped my head around that for a minute, but honestly, there are too many indications that Rolf (and whichever other devs he could vacuum up) has been at this PVP island for a while. Back before their usual multimonth summer break, Johan annoinced in the news that Rolf had something up his sleeve and was going to let him tell us all (which never ended up really happening). Later on, Rolf makes a post asking for feedback on what PVPers want out of the game, but nothing of that really came to fruition, other than that silly change to priest casting and armor.

I really doubt they created all these new PVP items (magic turrets, arrow towers and stuff) with the intention to release them on the existing clusters, but then created a new PVP server because they knew bridges wouldn't be able to get finished.

Either way, yeah. Their (Rolf's) crap is getting old. Very old. Can't get his ###### together to put out promised game material (we've been waiting for certain things for literally almost a decade now), but he can divert development attention to get the shiny, new things he wants pumped out in less than a year.

• Like 2

Nothing to do with Challenge or bridges ;) but just wanted to toss in here that I love the new select bar! Wish more mention and fuss had been made about it as I almost missed it until I overheard someone else saying how to get it (in main menu tick select bar). It is really very very helpful and will reduce the RSI factor a good bit I think, no more clicking on submenus! Well done and thanks for this small thing dev team.

• Like 5

Just like everyone else, I too am eager to see bridges in wurm, but please devs, don't release them until they're not broken and causing problems =)

• Like 1

But nah, CodeClub answered the MULTIPLE CALLS for a new PvP server.. yarr!!! 

Literally no one on PvP asked for a new server. We asked for the existing ones to have mechanics fixed, which was band aid patched as usual and abandoned because no one can suck up having their kingdom, meditation paths, priests, etc. nerfed to achieve proper balance, which still hasn't been done on Challenge.

It's awesome that some of the dev staff are actively playing. You can code all you like but there is no substitute for actually playing the game for real to understand the true impact of the feature they develop.

It really doesn't help if they are on their own, not playing with established and knowledgeable players to understand dominant strategy around which the game should be balanced. All the numbers and code in the world can't tell the developers what the players will do with what they are given, hence the current balance problem in PvP.

I'm glad new adventures are getting added to the game as challenges.  but I have to agree. finish the bridges.  

they should have just done a basic bridge.  need same level of dirt on each side and build.  no curves. no slants. deal with that later. just make easy 1 type of bridge even wooded add others later.  over a year of waiting and seeing all these other awesome things come out while bridges put on the back burner over and over.  if the whole team worked together we would have bridges and challenge maps would be  waiting another 1-2 months instead.

I don't normaly complain, unless I cant get in game, but last dec when I though bridges were coming out for feb. I bought 20k dirt and started making  plans on cele. of coarse that's all wasted dirt now as xanadu killed cele  not a big deal dirt comes easy and very happy to live on xanadu now.

just focus on the bigger things for xmas releases. you'll make a ton of us happy. and may even bring back older players again.   OR  please don't give ETAs I rather no news until it's ready then surprise bridges are in.

lol I don't even have any plans to make a bridge on my deeds, but i'm sure others would love too

• Like 1

I am kinda hopeing that the new siege equipment makes it to the other clusters, including freedom, even if some of them get random nerfs.  I would like to be able to hunt trolls with a ballista from the roof of my castle.. or build spiked walls that make it hard for npcs to get into my place... magic turrets could have value too, like spirit templars, but would need limits.. maybe only build on deed and you have to supply some sort of materials to keep them going... not sure.  I just hate to see all the new content be only used on one server.

I am kinda hopeing that the new siege equipment makes it to the other clusters, including freedom, even if some of them get random nerfs.  I would like to be able to hunt trolls with a ballista from the roof of my castle.. or build spiked walls that make it hard for npcs to get into my place... magic turrets could have value too, like spirit templars, but would need limits.. maybe only build on deed and you have to supply some sort of materials to keep them going... not sure.  I just hate to see all the new content be only used on one server.

"Build spiked walls that make it hard for npcs to get into my place..." there are no NPC's that enter deeds

Don't you mean you would like all that stuff so you could attack other players stuff thats off deed ?......just like you did the other day with a Catapult.

Attacking another person stuff just for the hell of it ....man thats low....why don't you just grow a pair and move to Chaos and see how that type of thing works over there ?