Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 50

not following through in a timely fashion.

So you have decided what is timely fashion despite not knowing anything about what is involved in implementing them?

In the long run i suspect the new challange server will get more players to the game as its more "action" packed with its fast pace.

And in the end some of the players in challange will trickle over to freedom/chaos cluster. Not alot but i am guessing a few.

Bridges... well i have waited this long so i may wait alittle longer.

you don't really think those 200 plus people playing on storm are "new" players. just look at the count of the other servers and you know where they came from. this is the same thing with xanadu. it was just a shift of already paying customers... i doubt the count on storm will be as high as it is now in 2 months.. xanadu dropped about almost 50% from the day where it started. i saw some vids on youtube from some of the battles on storm and honestly, if you dont already know the game and love you just turn away and might say,damn, that just looks awful... don't get me wrong , i played this game for almost 30 months now but i am reaching a certain point where i just don't really support the "way" code club is going.....

• Like 2

Entitled?! You bet !! We INVEST A GREAT DEAL OF REAL LIFE HARD EARNED MONEY!! Bridges have been PROMISED ( in my world that actually means something honorable)

for a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time with a release date that had come and gone and is hence open ended yet again.

And the excuse of "it's better to wait to get the flawless version" has done worn out...

I USED to be a supporter of that very same quote. 

Sorry, I automatically assumed you had a fraction of a clue about the way CodeClub operates. Guess I was wrong.  I mean we where promised stairs at one point too, but that was only, a year ago? Two mabey? Same song and dance, people get whiney, broken content is added, broken content is ignored and exploited by players, 6 months later broken content is band-aid patched and the whiny player-base gets in a tissy again. Its the circle of wurm, glad you can be a constructive part of it hun.

Its funny that you used to be a supported of that very same quote, cause I was like you once. But then I found my peace knowing that Rolf is going to do what ever when wants so looking like a spoiled child demanding a specific course of action makes little to no difference (unless of course you are a prominent PvP player, but lets not kick that bag open)

The fact you have "invested" a "great deal" of "hard earned" money into game means very little to me. First off I fail to see how paying for a product to use at your leisure is an investment? Like, sure if you bought a trader to gain 3s a month, that is a piss poor investment, but you can call it what you want. Or did you "invest" in the ability to make 10iron coins every 6 second? Again, you should go see an investment banker because your return from wurm may not be all you had hopped.

You pay to use this service, and that doesn't entitle you to a damn thing. Sure, one day Rolf could ask for player input but he doesn't need to. Just like he doesn't need to meet any release date at all, but its nice if he does. Go play any other game, main stream or indi, and see just how entitled you are to getting exactly what you want when you want it. Tell me how that works out Hun.

tl:dr Stop bitching you don't have bridges. Completed products are much better than half asses releases just to stop the tearnami. Its been like 7 years, a few more months surely isn't that big of a deal.

Edited by Dently
  • Like 2

Well done, guys. Compared with many other MMOs, it was a good launch, so a few hickups are not a big problem. Wurm is a complex game.

Also, don't forget that pizza and cola may be the food of champions, but I think it may be time now to vary the diet!

note to self never remind people who my challenge char is so that if I kill rolf he can't find me later. . . .

Nice mask

Whooo battle cows! Havent seen that in a long time.  :P

Wurmians on video looks like cavemans
And this all battle like taking place in prehistory :D

When will we see the tapestries, birdcages and masks ingame... and will all these be available on every server or are sone challenge - only?

• Like 1

Thank you, wizards!

Edited by Oej

Wurmians on video looks like cavemans

And this all battle like taking place in prehistory :D

Haha, my thoughts exactly. That's why I like this video.

It looks like a bunch of tribesmen at the onset of human evolution, fighting witth whatever they can find... sticks, clubs, staves... heck, if you have a sword, you are somebody! My favorite is that charriot (cart) riding around with three fighters on it.

True beginnings of a new world. Love it.

1. Sorry, I automatically assumed you had a fraction of a clue about the way CodeClub operates. Guess I was wrong.  I mean we where promised stairs at one point too, but that was only, a year ago? Two mabey? Same song and dance, people get whiney, broken content is added, broken content is ignored and exploited by players, 6 months later broken content is band-aid patched and the whiny player-base gets in a tissy again. Its the circle of wurm, glad you can be a constructive part of it hun.

2. But then I found my peace knowing that Rolf is going to do what ever when wants so looking like a spoiled child demanding a specific course of action makes little to no difference (unless of course you are a prominent PvP player, but lets not kick that bag open)

3. Completed products are much better than half asses releases just to stop the tearnami. Its been like 7 years, a few more months surely isn't that big of a deal.

1. Maybe we as customers shouldn't support this. It might change things. Business practice isn't something that we have to sit and accept, it's something we can try to change if we have the motive and the guts to do so.

2. Even if you are a prominent PvPer, it isn't that simple. You have to be a certain prominent PvPer or part of a certain group, and often these people are actually terrible at PvP but win because of what they get from Rolf. Alternately, they normally would steam roll the competition but ask for more because they want to negate any penalties should they mess up.

3. They are. Too bad they are nearly impossible to come by, at least for anything larger than something from the art department with a copy-pasted code. This isn't a knock on the art department, because honestly their work is great. It just is hard to enjoy as much as possible when the game isn't optimized - I can't justify taking beauty over that kind of performance drop. Adding some quality art to a broken feature usually doesn't fix it either, barring things like palisades that shouldn't have been see-through. Basically it's the concept that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. As for the bridges, like any major new feature, they are probably going to break or affect certain already broken things (in this case PvP) that should be fixed before receiving additions.

EDIT: You can knock the low FPS animations, but the art department can't do anything about optimization. It's not really their fault.

Edited by SotG_is_OP
  • Like 2

It's good to hear word that we will have bridges in some semblance of working sooner rather than later.

Also, sorry but the video looked like mayhem, so chaotic with everyone running around. How exactly is that fun, just randomly hitting every red outline in sight? To each his/her own I guess.

• Like 1

Sent Today, 10:36 AM

And I guess that means I manged to poke more holes in your statement than you could ever hope to patch up. Sorry I had to spell it out so thoroughly for you. But it is nice to see your extremely well though out response hun.

Happy Bridges  :)

LOL I'll dignify that with NO response other than publicly posting your PM in here for all to see.
  • Like 3

That combat video was embarrassing, 1990 was a good year for those animations, but I think it's time to move ahead. 

Bridges came and went as predicted.  No surprise there anymore.

You can kiss up and say it's better to have a finished product than to rush things, But in the end they still put broken content into the game.  But it happens six months later. Or never.

But let's go ahead and turn Wurm into a high rate server so people will spend money to get another useless title.  And ignore the majority of the players that don't play pvp servers, Because we want a pvp game.

And yet you never figure out why you lose players?

It's about making the game entertaining. 

Fix the graphics first. That means fully optimized as well. Don't do anything else till that is done.

Then add new creatures, Pets, Npc's. Anything else to spice it up that you can think of.

Create a real quest system, And delete that poor excuse we have for missions.

Turn golden valley back into a training ground for new players, That means quests they have to complete before they can leave the isle. And quests that force you to learn how to survive on your own, So we don't have to tell someone how to light a fire, Because they didn't bother to read the signs in the current tutorial.  But also make it so they can be invited to a village on any other server so as to bypass the tutorial if they are an alt.

Basically this game runs terrible these days, The only people that can run it well are ones with expensive computers and high end video cards. And the average person isn't going to put that kind of money into their computer to play a game with outdated graphics.

I feel like I'm on a ship where the engineers keep the engines running, But nobody is steering the ship. 

Don't get me wrong, I love being able to terraform and build stuff.  But those two things aren't enough to keep people in this game.  Bridges won't help either, Even though their nice to have.  What's missing are all the things that keep people entertained from one minute to the next. Combat could be fun if i weren't a statue that occasionally moves its arm.

Maybe I want pets. Lots of them. Possibly rare creatures i've captured from all over the world.  But why would I want them when they lost their colors when the new shaders went online. Most of them are tiny now too.  Who thought that one up?  And why are we limited to one pet?  Nobody uses them for combat. And if it's a pvp problem I really don't care because I'm not on a pvp server. So separate the code for pve and pvp servers, And stop favoring the minority just because you want a pvp game.

Maybe I would like to spend an entire day doing quests that cause me to gain different types of xp, And give me a chance to see the world, And enjoy myself.  Nope can't do that cause vynora wants 500 iron anvils sacced, And i get less sleep bonus from it than if i left my character in bed that day.  terrible, just terrible.

So I have to ask, Is anyone steering the ship?  Because it sure doesn't look like anyone has a plan for this game.

• Like 9

we wait so much stuff :S  cant belive,   bridges, new images for ships, more furniture...   and all we get is new pvp server witch is free?  lol

we are always at same numbers.... Total players 875/10900     just on difrent servers....   so there is no new players lol

Edited by RockyBalboa

After years of waiting for bridges, another day, week, month isn't really a big deal at this point.

Now that Challenge is released we have obviously also freed up some more dev time which means we can have some more certain assessments soon.

you KNEW that bridges aren't ingame.

but this goes to everyone complaining here...if you think rolf is not doing everything he CAN to give us a nice game, then maybe you should consider not paying for the game anymore, cause obviously you don't enjoy the game in it's current state and there always will be disappointments of something not going as you expected since it's an EVOLVING game. 

Funny, paying even minor amounts of attention to players' all-time winning wishlist items, one would have noticed that bridges are WAY more essential to evolving Wurm's potential as a full-fledged sandbox and thus player morale/retention that yet another pvp server which may or may not become as big a hit among the overall playerbase as... Epic? Chaos?  (bridges being the GUARANTEED hit among the overall playerbase JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT)

Maybe I want pets. Lots of them. Possibly rare creatures i've captured from all over the world.  But why would I want them when they lost their colors when the new shaders went online. Most of them are tiny now too.  Who thought that one up?  And why are we limited to one pet?  Nobody uses them for combat. And if it's a pvp problem I really don't care because I'm not on a pvp server. So separate the code for pve and pvp servers, And stop favoring the minority just because you want a pvp game.

Mmmmhm... I can handle 15 mutts, or 5 pitbulls irl, but can only handle ONE pet in Wurm, which makes fun "out of the box" thinking like 5-speed bears "just because it looks cooler than horses" a MAJOR pain without a second player or subscribing an alt.

Nobody uses pets for combat because they're kind of pointless to have, also a pain (keep 2 hellhounds for breeding, can only keep one tame, gotta put 50 locks on your deed and make sure no towers are nearby because otherwise some friggin idiot will call the guards on it just because).. whereas taming level affecting how many you can keep tame at one time would open up the project of breeding combat hellhounds and/or 5-speed bears.

But nah, CodeClub answered the MULTIPLE CALLS for a new PvP server.. yarr!!! 

Edited by Mordraug

Don't care too much as I don't really "play" so much anymore, but it's funny that the last few updates sounded so certain that bridges would be in, yet the devs knew it wasn't anywhere near? Why even make the false hope in the first place lol? Just be honest and upfront

"Bridges won't be in for at least 6 months" Boom, done, everyone can get used to it

Edited by Derp
  • Like 4