Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Hens lead by roosters again

I believe this bug was fixed but now it is back.  I lead a rooster and every hen I passed along the way started following it.  Provided some giggles to see a cart driver leading a rooster and the rooster leading four hens.  Please release the hens and allow wurmians to lead their own hens around.

• Like 1

Roosters leading hens is indeed a "reimplemented feature".

Not being able to manually lead the hens away from roosters is the bug.

Currently, only option is to kill the rooster. Before (many years ago), we could lead the hens away from the rooster using a rope.

Note: Same issue with hens leading baby chics as well. Only option is to kill the hen.

To clarify, there is a bug with players not being able to override creatures being led by other creatures.

• Like 2

I came home leading a bison, two sheep, one rooster, and on the way the rooster picked up three hens (seen on the left here).  I thus brought seven animals home. Rooster will be Kentucky Fried Chicken within an hour, so I can put the hens in different camps.0iMWaOl.jpg

• Like 2

Before (many years ago), we could lead the hens away from the rooster using a rope.

Note: Same issue with hens leading baby chics as well. Only option is to kill the hen.

To clarify, there is a bug with players not being able to override creatures being led by other creatures.

I don't know the entire long tortured history of hens following roosters, but I am pretty sure when I started in Feb/March 2011, hens followed roosters and ropes did not change that. I can still recall the only solution if you did not want to kill the rooster (and very few people even kept roosters since they had zero purpose), was to try to lead the rooster by rope through a convoluted maze of fences/walls in hopes of the hens (and any chicks following) getting snagged on a corner and dropping out of the lineup. It was tricky to manage but possible. You could not simply lead the hens away on a rope. That would be way too easy. At least for The Mad Swede. But people were constantly getting lead creatures stuck on fence corners so they added the "pop through teleport" for creatures on folllow, and that made separating hens much harder. Suddenly hens would pop through the fence or wall so you could not just lead the rooster through a maze trying to get the hen stuck (or at least not as easily as before).  

Someone said there was a brief period where there was a "break" from this for a short while but then it was back-to-normal. That intervening gap may be what you meant, but ropes leading hens away from roosters was (so far as I know) never the "norm".  Otherwise it would be no headache at all. I agree that is how it would be NICE to have it.  I stopped keeping chickens for a long time because they were so accursed for so many reasons (sometimes they ate more than pregnant pigs, sometimes 0% of their eggs would ever hatch, plus the whole follow mess), so I missed on anything that happened in the middle of that time period.

One of the older veterans probably knows better what the full history was. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I don't know the entire long tortured history of hens following roosters, but I am pretty sure when I started in Feb/March 2011, hens followed roosters and ropes did not change that. I can still recall the only solution if you did not want to kill the rooster (and very few people even kept roosters since they had zero purpose), was to try to lead the rooster by rope through a convoluted maze of fences/walls in hopes of the hens (and any chicks following) getting snagged on a corner and dropping out of the lineup. It was tricky to manage but possible. You could not simply lead the hens away on a rope. That would be way too easy. At least for The Mad Swede. But people were constantly getting lead creatures stuck on fence corners so they added the "pop through teleport" for creatures on folllow, and that made separating hens much harder. Suddenly hens would pop through the fence or wall so you could not just lead the rooster through a maze trying to get the hen stuck (or at least not as easily as before).  

Someone said there was a brief period where there was a "break" from this for a short while but then it was back-to-normal. That intervening gap may be what you meant, but ropes leading hens away from roosters was (so far as I know) never the "norm".  Otherwise it would be no headache at all. I agree that is how it would be NICE to have it.  I stopped keeping chickens for a long time because they were so accursed for so many reasons (sometimes they ate more than pregnant pigs, sometimes 0% of their eggs would ever hatch, plus the whole follow mess), so I missed on anything that happened in the middle of that time period.

One of the older veterans probably knows better what the full history was. 

Worked further back than that. Can't recall the year but was shortly after Independence opened.

• Like 1