Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Bridges ETA 10th Dec

177 members have voted

1. 1. Are you disappointed?

• Yes again again and again
    • Not this time
    • I dont care

And again I reiterate that if bridges are buggy still, that's fine and dandy. Simply tell us that. But why devote development time and work to a whole NEW server when in reality you should be devoting that time to working out the bugs in bridges, etc. It really doesn't take a rocket science degree to understand that concept, I wouldn't think. It does seem that when folks get disgruntled and vocal about something they are thrown a new server like that is adequate enough to distract them and satiate them for a bit. No offense, but we aren't stupid. 

• Like 2

What's a few more days/weeks/whatever?  FFS, relax.  Find something else to do instead of scheduling your life around some game.

Yeah I was not surprised but who cares we will get it eventually just go grinding peps it come sooner than later.

Edited by creed

should be able to pinpoint an Eta after announcing development news for over 1 year.  One Year we've been seeing photos of bridges and news. 

come to think of it werent Bridge posts non stop coming out before Xanadu. 

Edited by Killroth

What bites me is that they weren't straightforward about the delay.  After weeks of promises, there was 1 line in last week's news that there were still a few collision issues to be worked out, but absolutely no word that they would be delayed again.  If they were just honest with us about it I would not be so mad.  Communication is everything.

What bites me is that they weren't straightforward about the delay.  After weeks of promises, there was 1 line in last week's news that there were still a few collision issues to be worked out, but absolutely no word that they would be delayed again.  If they were just honest with us about it I would not be so mad.  Communication is everything.

Hi Everyone,

The reason for this is up until todays update went live the development team was still working on the bugs within the bridges system, we are disappointed as well that we could not bring them live today but we really do want to do our best to ensure that most, if not all bugs with the implementation are resolved.

It's always unfortunate when deadlines are pushed back, for both players looking forward to it and us looking forward to bringing you these changes. We are just as excited to see what you can do with bridges as you all are and hope that you understand the necessity of this delay.

When further information about their release date is available Redbaron will let you know.

Regards,

Retrograde

• Like 3

I'm still excited for the bridges :) yeah, they were not coming at "hoped for" date, but they are such a big thing, we were waiting so long for it, hoping for it and they are such a huge milestone in wurm (like multi story houses), they will shape wurm landscape forever! once released, that waiting a few more days, maybe weeks, is not really that much of a pain :)

and who knows, maybe it's falling into everyones vacation days by then :D

You know what I find interesting with Wurm Online?  Most MMO's start with many servers and as the population dwindles they consolidate some servers and retire others.  But with Wurm, when the population dwindles they release a new server and sometimes with something thrown in that the others do not have.

This is a very interesting concept that I still do not understand...

Wizards

This is a very interesting concept that I still do not understand...

I was gonna say, Swedes.

close down new server till and open it again with bridges is best you can do :D

i still waiting verification mail for new server....  

Edited by RockyBalboa

Hi Everyone,

The reason for this is up until todays update went live the development team was still working on the bugs within the bridges system, we are disappointed as well that we could not bring them live today but we really do want to do our best to ensure that most, if not all bugs with the implementation are resolved.

It's always unfortunate when deadlines are pushed back, for both players looking forward to it and us looking forward to bringing you these changes. We are just as excited to see what you can do with bridges as you all are and hope that you understand the necessity of this delay.

When further information about their release date is available Redbaron will let you know.

Regards,

Retrograde

Bridges must be really messed up then, because if you guys managed to release Challenge in such a piss poor manner yesterday (2 1/2 hours of downtime to set up a portal on the day of release, that should have been configured and ready to go last week - whole thing was very typical of Wurm), yet hold back another implementation because of not wanting to rush it/worried about bugs... yeeeaaah, there's definitely some serious problems there with the implement you're holding back.

I've been around here for a long time. The song and dance about how the Wurm team is limited and only can do so much is so very, very old. And now it's just hypocrisy, since Rolf feels like he can waste the limited dev time and resources on stuff that hasn't been asked for, versus the things that have been asked for and have been promised to us.

So, as it stands now, we have the lead dev (the owner, the guy who originally wrote all the server code) wasting his dev capabilities on worrying about next scenario's challenge, next rewards, new exploits and abuse, etc, when he could've and should've put that on hold until he finished the things asked for and promised.

Even though I know he thinks it of most of his customers, I'm not a retard. He's capable of working on bridges and so are many of the other devs that probably sunk a decent amount of dev time into helping Rolf get his new pet project out there instead of doing so.

6 or so years for multistorey, 8+ for bridges.... but can throw together a new cluster with completely new fundamentals and items in less than a year. Ridiculous, really.

• Like 5

Not going to play challenge.

Expected bridges to be buggy and fail, or not meet the release date.

But where are the tapestries?  =)

we get only middle finger this time...  will not be great xmas time this year :S  Again

my idea... get us bridges as they are Then fix bugs... :D   that always works well for you guys and fixing was faster :D

Edited by RockyBalboa

Hi Everyone,

To all those that point out its a target date that is all nice but this has happened over and over and over for bridges they show pics and give dates and get people all worked up then the big release and bridges are left out and not mentioned again for many months.  Often till the next Xmas big update and game add when its promised to be apart of it only to again fail and wash rinse and repeat until players learn to never trust again.

Repeating what I've said elsewhere, it's a positive step that Rolf 'n friends are trying to give public release dates for stuff.  Ok, they didn't actually hit the date, but at least they're trying to put some target out there.  Of course, if previous releases of new stuff have been anything to go by, bridges will be buggy as hell when actually released, regardless of how long it takes, but that's a separate issue.  I agree that it would have been better to focus on bridges rather than challenge, but oh well.

I totally get the frustration, but let's try to focus on the positive.  If Rolf 'n friends are constantly putting out dates then missing them, clearly that's no better than not bothering at all, but hopefully we'll start seeing target dates for features and fixes that they hit going forward.

• Like 1

bridges have been "coming soon" for 8 yrs,why is everyone in a tuffy about a delay,a release date to aim for was set, and that release date was missed due to technical issues

basically its been 8 yrs whats a few more days/wks to sort the issues out,i'd certainly rather not end up bugged into a bridge and have to wait hrs for a gm to pull me out cause everyone else has gotten stuck as well

*its 3:30am and i haven't slept in what feels like forever so i'm sorry if that didn't make much sense*

The difference between bridges and other updates in regards to 'wanting to release it bug free' is that bridges mess with the collision in Wurm.

That might not seem like a big issue, but if they are buggy and the collision edits cause bugs that let you use bridges in unintended ways...well, your 'secure' areas might not be so secure after all.

Imagine the grief if it turned out you could exploit a bug with bridges to gain access over/though walls etc. There would be huge backlash and calls for rollbacks etc, which likely wouldn't happen. (Imagine you sell someone a scale set, servers get reset and you've already gone offline etc)

I think it's best that they actually focus on making them as bug free as possible due to the way bridges will interact with the game in a completely new way, unlike anything we have seen before in Wurm.

they will never be bugfree....  same as MS houses ... they are still buged....   but who cares about that now right?

they will never be bugfree....  same as MS houses ... they are still buged....   but who cares about that now right?

• Like 1

I guess no one on these forums buys or plays any other video games?   Not seen one game that released without bugs that took at least a week or more to correct.  

If you can do the job better, then do it.   Sometimes in life things are not as easy as they should be.  Programming a game and testing on 3 people is not going to show you what happens when 300 people from around the world show.

patience guys.  This is a good group of people and they are trying as hard as they can..  They want to enjoy the game too. 

• Like 3

Im so happy the bridges came out as promised!! O wait a second, it looks like weve been let down again. What a surprise this should be. honestly I was so exited and now im really thinking about just leaving the game altogether. All they are doing is making this new server so people sink money into that server (Owners pockets) and what they promised us is still not here. To some it may not be a big deal but to me and my group it is soley for the fact that around this time last year they were supposed to be coming out and then they just quit talking about it. People have things planned for the bridges not this challenge server that gets reset once a month.

Look at the population on ALL the servers, they ALL went down with storm being the highest. Storm gets RESET and the main servers where our market thrives off is now getting less action. I PVE and PVP and now both are like ghost towns. But never the less thanks for keeping your word on bridges this time.

• Like 1

I guess no one on these forums buys or plays any other video games?   Not seen one game that released without bugs that took at least a week or more to correct.  

If you can do the job better, then do it.   Sometimes in life things are not as easy as they should be.  Programming a game and testing on 3 people is not going to show you what happens when 300 people from around the world show.

patience guys.  This is a good group of people and they are trying as hard as they can..  They want to enjoy the game too. 

For 8 years now , really ?

Actually - I think a lot of people might. I have no idea exactly what the bugs are, but if they made them live and people started dying in them, falling through, getting stuck until a GM is available or they /suicide out....I can already hear the complaints.

There is only one thing for it atm - patience - not always easy, but I'm sure they are working hard to get it done.

Sometimes stuff only goes at the speed it goes.

Already have that with roofs and fences. Nothing new there.