Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Bridges ETA 10th Dec

177 members have voted

1. 1. Are you disappointed?

• Yes again again and again
    • Not this time
    • I dont care

Hm we read every year some more lies seems...   i wonder how long players waiting em... in my case 3 years...  WE get new server but not mayor update... im realy sad now... and wana share my great wurm xmas feeling with you.

cant read more lies like this:

We have now set a release date we are aiming for 10th of December!

We are releasing Challenge and Bridges at the same time, along with some other things.
The plan is to release them both within a month from now!!
Get hyped Wurmians!

every release will have bugs but someone seems to be greedy and pushing new server out of nowhere to take our money and give nothing to old players. that is not right way.  

I get hyped this time.

• Like 7

Rocky,

I am sorry to hear of your discouragement but I must tell you that these are not "lies". The Dev's set goals and at times can not put them into effect within the stated time frame. Hopefully the *soon* of bridges will arrive and you will then have an enjoyable xmas season creating them without too much further disappointment, as their limitations unfold over expanses yet to be breached by other than the imagination.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 6

Can't wait till when you find out bridges are gonna be a money sink item. Imagine that, lol... "Whew, my six year wait for bridges is finally over... WHAT !!  I have to pay for them?"    

/me ducks

• Like 1

The plan can fail sometime, the pressure in dev team is very high in order to fix as more as possible bugs with bridges.

Please patient a few more days

ETA stands for Estimated Time of Arrival. The crucial word there is Estimated. It's not a promise, it's an aim, which isn't guaranteed to happen.

Your quote is from the Week 47 news. The following information was released in weeks 48 and 49:

We have found several new bugs which has been and is being addressed thanks to the test team who is doing a great job.

There is still some problems mainly with specific situational collisions between player and different geometry in relation to bridges.

There is however one crucial piece remaining which will be the deciding factor of when bridges are released and it has to do with checking movement correctly.

I think we're all in agreement we want them working correctly before they're released, but I see no reason to delay the release of a new server because something else ran in to difficulties.
  • Like 9

I'm sorry that bridges could not be released today, but I'd rather get rid of the bugs that have been found with them, before we release them.

So they are still be worked on.

i understand.... if they relese today... will be still buged as hell :D   is that way with most updates... so nothing new

All I know is that Trolls should spawn from under bridges more often than in the wild.  Or at the least have the Troll's AI tweaked so they are attracted to hiding underneath them.   :D

• Like 10

The main point Rocky is trying to make is STOP spending time and limited resources on continuing to put out new servers, seemingly out of the blue, and finished the things you have promised.

Edited by Castile
  • Like 12

i cant be...  i do new char just to test new server.... belive me or not   1h waiting now to get link in my mailbox....  so hell with new server...

and mails like this dont make me happy....  is week old and there was no single word about bridges....  so dont says someone is greedy :D

Hello RockyBalboa!

Are you one of those who quit Wurm because of grind or slow progress? Maybe you found the game to have potential but wasn't as fun as you had hoped?

Well, we have done something about it!

On the 10th of December, we release our latest invention: The Challenge Server!
The Challenge server is a concept server where we run time limited challenges with high scores and prizes in various categories.
The First Challenge "Build The Battlefield" has the following features:

Full PvP
All skills start at 20
Totally free to play - no premium required!
Ultra fast skillgain
Ultra fast timers
Resource spawns which create strategic points of conflict
New War Machines such as Siege Shield, Ballista, Trebuchet, Archery Tower
Resets after 30 days

After this Challenge has run, we will evaluate how fun it was and make appropriate changes. The whole server is reset but you keep titles and any money you are left with after settlements have been disbanded.
Prizes will be handed out in the following categories:

Most overall points
Most items looted from resource points
Most Battle Points
Player with most HOTA wins
Most Unique player kills
Most Karma gained
Most Unique Achievements accomplished
Most Personal Achievements accomplished
Ruler with most land
Village with most HOTA wins (Mayor receives prize to share)

We are still discussing what the prizes will be but there will be special titles, ingame coins, certain ingame items as well as combinations thereof. The high score lists will be available on our website with history as well. Most importantly we think it will be a month full of fun though!
The Map is already available for your planning at http://www.wurmonline.com/images/mail141202/Challenge_WIP01.png

Hope to see you in one week - on the 10th!

Best regards,

Rolf Jansson
Server Dev, Wurm Online
CEO, Code Club AB

Are you one of those who quit Wurm because of grind or slow progress? Maybe you found the game to have potential but wasn't as fun as you had hoped?

only slow progress is in dev team this moment.

is not fun without bridges for sure :D

Edited by RockyBalboa

I kind of agree with the sentiments I'm seeing today... there really was no need for a whole new Challenge server at this point in time. Seems to be other projects, that should have priority, to be worked on instead. I personally have no interest in the server and won't be taking part. And I'm on Wurm playing every day. I know there are many, many other players who feel exactly as I do. Why did we need a new server again? No need at all in my book.

Just my 2 cents on the subject. Bridges and other things would have been much more exciting to me.

I'll have to say i agree that bridges should have priority above the challenge server.

Although the server is a welcome addition, its really premature, i mean the biggest downside of wurm's PvP is its dismal combat. Until that changes just about any change to PvP is cosmetics. And while the challgenge server is appealing enough, without changes to actual combat it shouldn't have received such an high priority.

• Like 2

that is whole point i wana tell to everyone... but sorry to my english witch is not my language :D

ETA stands for Estimated Time of Arrival. The crucial word there is Estimated. It's not a promise, it's an aim, which isn't guaranteed to happen.

Your quote is from the Week 47 news. The following information was released in weeks 48 and 49:

I think we're all in agreement we want them working correctly before they're released, but I see no reason to delay the release of a new server because something else ran in to difficulties.

Hahaha.sure. challenge is so free of bugs. It was soooo tested before releasing it. And now they are so bussy fixing those challenge problems that the eta for bridges went to hell. Again. And again. And.....yes again

• Like 1

i have feeling that only WE are puted on TEST  every release of new server :D   

• Like 1

While I agree with the sentiments, and agree the devs need to be more focused, there was definately a need for the challenge server. It gives a platform for experimentation and to see what works and what doesnt, whats popular and whats not. Itll make a very good platform for getting actual facts and numbers before comitting to a specific plan. Now assuming they use it for that purpose then im glad they put it together and are pushing it forward.

The problem with bridges as I understand it is a common issue......collision. I understand its a pain in the ass, i understand that developing a feature that is unique in the gaming world is intense and very time consuming, especially since most of the time only one developer...Tich...is working on it, with a handful of exceptions. What im having a hard time swallowing is that in the time since bridges were announced full MMO's have been created. Huge MMo's have been pushed from conception to Beta testing...... So something isnt quite right, something has been and continues to be- in the way. No idea what it is, but it needs to be corrected.

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 2

...another delay in the building of bridges...excellent..yes...yes..

Well...Beaker..it seems that we have a bit more time to

work out the kinks in the "explosive charcoal" that will be needed

to take those eyesores down in a timely manner.

...once people figure out that bridges all over the place means that

"the neighbors" will be dropping in a lot more often..there should be

quite a demand for our "boom charcoal"...we'll be rolling

in silver, I tell you!...if only we can figure out

why the mixture is not performing according to plan.

..no matter...the bridges are not out yet..we'll 

head 'em off at the pass...you'll see. Muppet Labs

never sleeps...

Prof. B.H.

Didn't you hear? Bridges were released today... They're a 5 year premium reward. :P

Seriously though, yes we're disappointed. But we completely understand delaying until they are ready.

We'd like to see an official "they aren't being released today because..." post though.

But maybe they are too busy working on them to comment. :D

Hm we read every year some more lies seems...   i wonder how long players waiting em... in my case 3 years...  WE get new server but not mayor update... im realy sad now... and wana share my great wurm xmas feeling with you.

cant read more lies like this:

We have now set a release date we are aiming for 10th of December!

I would like to point out the green underlined words.  Things rarely go exactly according to plans.

The same idiots that complain when a deadline is not met... are the same idiots that complain that the devs never give deadlines.

When are they going to fix traders?  When are we going to hear about traders?  When will we get 3d mining?  When will X bug be fixed?  Posts like yours, Rocky, are the reason why communication to the players remains minimal.

• Like 1

The same idiots that complain when a deadline is not met... are the same idiots that complain that the devs never give deadlines.

When are they going to fix traders?  When are we going to hear about traders?  When will we get 3d mining?  When will X bug be fixed?  Posts like yours, Rocky, are the reason why communication to the players remains minimal.

Yo War o/ Regardless, lack of communication is detrimental to any MMO's player-base. No matter how whiny we may be, or impatient, that's not an excuse to not communicate, no matter how insignificant it may be. A little "Hey, sorry! Still hitting bumps, bear with us!" goes a long way.

Edited by Sigilor
  • Like 2

You know what I find interesting with Wurm Online?  Most MMO's start with many servers and as the population dwindles they consolidate some servers and retire others.  But with Wurm, when the population dwindles they release a new server and sometimes with something thrown in that the others do not have.

This is a very interesting concept that I still do not understand...

• Like 8

I would like to point out the green underlined words.  Things rarely go exactly according to plans.

Like all cases, you will only point out the words that support your argument, what about where it says "We have now SET A RELEASE DATE"

While I understand there are delays in this kind of situation, I think its safe to say that a lot of people are tired of the shiny new bells and whistles, when we just want what we were promised to begin with. Enough with all the distractions.

Each time a problem arises, we suddenly get something new out of the blue which distracts us from the problems we were crying about. 

I'm ok with the new server. New ideas are good, but I like to be given what is promised also. I've not been around nearly as long as most folks, and I'm already tired of bridges being dangled in front of me like a carrot on a stick. If you can't make the deadline, don't make a deadline so soon. Better planning, among other things, would be nice.