Sign in to follow this  
Calypsoi

At this point please

Delay the launch of challenge for a day or two, fix your junk, and let the rest of us play in the meantime.

• Like 21

AM i stupid, am seriously waiting for it to start, i will just check tomorrow, srsly rolf! Its been 3+ Hours 

• Like 1

It was expected, at least I expected problems. Problems are being fixed, and we don't have enough information to tell these devs how. I'd suggest to just cool off and lets see how a tough release looks like.  :D

This is EXACTLY why I won't buy premium time in advance. Recent 'direction of development' and the chronic lack of bridges has made me contemplate another extended sabbatical from Wurm.

Oh man I get it, problems come up, but at this point they are just shutting us out of the game. That means they should be able to do the same work they are doing now in their testing environment. The rest of us that just want to play on our freedom or epic servers should be able to do so.

• Like 3

Well at the moment i would say all servers are in maintenance mode as login says. which i assume they are making sure its working properly 

compared to all other MMOs (even Blizzard) Code Club has its together with regard to limiting server downtime

relax, we all knew there was gonna be some bumps

:D

• Like 1

-1 then today would have been a waste... Why not play real life

• Like 1

Hush you, it's all about raising the most players online on the forums.  =)

Seriously, after Archeages fails, this is really lightweight stuff, itll all come out in the wash. Last DT we had on AA was 3 days..and that was just for addin a patch. When they did the actual opening of a new continent, nearly 3/4 of all the players could not log in, and if for whatever reason you got DC'd you couldnt log back in. And this is with not 1 but 2  AAA companies hitting it with all thier resources. So really...lol...as terrible as it seems, this is really lightweight bug stuff. Itll all be fine in a few.

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 1

So I believe the problem lies in that No server can be up if Golden Valley is down...  All servers are linked too it.

The Problem I am guessing they are having is actually getting the portal to work from GV too Storm and they cannot test and fix this in an offline mode.

They have to physically restart GV over and over again each time they make an alteration to try and get this to work....

However this is just an educated guess...

They named it after a space shuttle... (pretty tasteless, I know - also not totally accurate)

In prep for the new server (which 90% of the player base doesn't want) and the new update for the rest of the new content, I've been depriving myself of RL sleep, to consume as much of my SB as possible, on all my alts.

*Sits back and wait for SB to magically refill*

Maybe if most guys did not spam on local they would've let us in the servers while they are doing their stuff hm?    I mean first it was the bells and now the server.

Edited by ownerpure5

i not rly care about new server i just want to play on my character been closing server all day on and off

Hi everyone

As suggested, this is an issue with the connection and portal between the storm server and the golden valley server, thus the need to take the golden valley server down which will affect all servers. There were also a few issues regarding skillgain on other servers that needed to be addressed, which have unfortunately caused further downtime.

I understand there is frustration while waiting for the challenge server to be brought online and I ask for your patience, the development team is working hard on resolving all issues and getting you back in the game as soon as possible.

Regards,

Retrograde

• Like 4

Is ok, if the Challenge server will not working, they will make another new server :P

• Like 1

I already hate this new server, on what I will never play anyway. And population of it dont rise above 15 online. And 1000 people waiting for normal. :P

Edited by Dobrutro

Hi everyone

As suggested, this is an issue with the connection and portal between the storm server and the golden valley server, thus the need to take the golden valley server down which will affect all servers. There were also a few issues regarding skillgain on other servers that needed to be addressed, which have unfortunately caused further downtime.

I understand there is frustration while waiting for the challenge server to be brought online and I ask for your patience, the development team is working hard on resolving all issues and getting you back in the game as soon as possible.

Regards,

Retrograde

Thank you.

For those of you wondering about (one of) the skillgain issues, take a look here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/115265-bodymindsoul-gains-are-000/

Well the issue is its bothering all servers when this is split from the rest does not make any since really other than what he said up there that its connected to GV which sucks for the rest of us trying to play the game.

As suggested, this is an issue with the connection and portal between the storm server and the golden valley server, thus the need to take the golden valley server down which will affect all servers.

Retrograde

This was my main concern with the launching of the challenge server, that it would somehow negatively impact those others who play the game who have little to no interest in it. Now here it is plainly spelled out by a staff member that this issue (and perhaps others in the future?) will prevent game play on every other server as well.

A sad state of affairs indeed. Hopefully after this new server is up and running it will no longer effect any of the other servers in this manner, preventing others from playing on them.

=Ayes=

• Like 1