Sign in to follow this  
Carrera

Housing Problem.

I'm currently on the first floor of a building. All walls sections have been constructed except one. Whenever I try to set a plan, it tells me the deed does not allow that.

7rBtVKe.jpg?1

I have all rights on the deed, I have the building writ, I've planned it all, I've built every section. I'm just unable to build this section.

I can however plan the floor above, which I don't think i ought to be able with a missing wall. Any solution or will I have to demo the entire building?

I have a similar problem when I have a completed roof overhang the tile border like that. In the past I can plan it if I keep at trying to mouseover and find the tile border using different angles etc. It is not always easy!!  As a last result you might be able to destroy the roof that is blocking access to the tile border, then rebuild the roof again,  but usually it is possible to be stubborn and to get it.

Are you SURE that you have the floor's tile border highlighted, I am not sure what message it gives if you click the wrong spot. 

ps: I think you can always plan a floor above as long as the entire ground floor is completed. Floors above that do not need to be completed to continue upwatrds. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm 100% sure the border's highlighted, I can see that easily enough. I even have the option to build fences on it, just not a house wall section.

I'll chip away at the roof and see what happens.

• Like 1

If nothing else you can also try filing a support ticket ingame using /support. They should be able to come and look at it. It is possible some recent code change borked something. As a test, are you allowed to plan an inside wall plan in an area where there is no roof overhang? Like a wall divinding a room, just do not add any materials and it should be easy to Remove Plan after. This would confirm the deed owner made no recent changes to deed settings and nothing else prohibits you planning a wall section. 

Ok I was looking up what would give that exact message

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/House_(general)#Messages

<Deed name> does not allow that.

You tried to plan your building in the perimeter of a foreign settlement.   

Is the section of house in the perimeter, outside the official deed? Could the owner have pulled back the deed/perimeter boundaries? When I had something similar I recall some issues planning a building in a  perimeter unless there was some special setting, I forget now what that was... maybe needed to be Allied or maybe I had the individual specifed by name as having permissions, I will try to remember. Even when they had building allowed there was some specific quirk. Simply allowing building ondeed for non-citizens was not enough because the perimeter worked differently, building in perimeter was always prohibited unless that individual was allied or something like that. However from the way that room sits, that should have been an issue before you got this far unless there was also a change in alliance or other setting. 

(sorry about suggesting you destroy the roof =/  oopsies)

• Like 1

Thanks again.

I can plan interior walls with no problem.

I removed the sub-roof and built a floor opening for the base. Now I find I still can't plan that wall, but I can plan one of the two walls, the other (highlighted) gives the same 'does not allow' message.

r7oh6LR.jpg?1

The building as a whole is within the deed, so it's not a perimeter problem. Although my deed and the deed I'm constructing this building for are not in the same alliance, it hasn't stopped me building everything except this section.

Unless anyone comes up with a bright idea, the priest I'm building this for will either have to file a /support or take a faith hit and plan this part themselves.

There is a bug which happens sometimes when you are not a citizen of a deed. Are you a villager of that deed?

He says he is not, although he has been granted permissions and is holder of the writ:

Although my deed and the deed I'm constructing this building for are not in the same alliance, it hasn't stopped me building everything except this section.