Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Challenge - Build the Battlefield Release Notes!

Haven't seen it or i forgot if i did, but are we going to need to premium up for anything or is this a totally f2p server?

Haven't seen it or i forgot if i did, but are we going to need to premium up for anything or is this a totally f2p server?

First round is going to be f2p, any scenarios thereafter could be different.

• Like 1

Great work on the graphics and functionality of the new items. I hope some of those will make it to Chaos and Epic eventually.

Jeśli ktoś z polaków chce dołączyć do grupy ze mną oraz z graczem Patszcz to niech pisze PM. Ja mam około 7-miesięcze doświadczenie w Wurmie, a kolega około 5-miesięczne.

Sorry for use my language - I wrote higher that I am searching players from my country ( it's Poland ) who want to join me in playing for the Challege.
We can play with players from other countries but our english is not enough good ( at least my xD ).

So a benefit to playing Challenge is that you can possibly earn silver and premium time to give back to one of your toons on Freedom/Epic?  Am I reading that correctly?

I understand this the same way you do, not bad reward I think.

I assumed the server would be called "Challenge" which wasn't too bad...but its actually Storm? ... no offense, but whoever comes up with these server names, please stop. 

Looks like we are screwed on the promise of bridges - again.

Because he gave some info on challenge when we had very little?

Does Johan have to end every post with hey, bridges are coming, here is how they work for the 5th time.

• Like 1

@Lolly1 - I think the storm name might be relevant at the end of the challenge from what they said it will not just end but be an event in itself. 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/114866-news-update-work-and-progress-week-49/#entry1173690

The fourth thing I want to mention is that we are going to add a bit of drama to the ending of the first round of Challenge to, so to say “Go out in a blazeâ€.

What I mean is there will be effects and events triggering that will leave no room for interpretation other than the fact that the end is drawing near.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Looks like we are screwed on the promise of bridges - again.

I honestly cant see how info about the challenge server is "screwing us". Bridges got nothing to do with this. This is a complete separate Info post about challenge.

I'm looking forward to have some fun there!

Edited by Capi
  • Like 1

Traders will be limited to start towns just as on Xanadu.

Idk but I don't think that is a right sentence   ^

Yeah making a new toon pretty much killed it for me so i will just focus on the bridges instead.

There is a good reason for what I said.  In last week's post he mentioned that there were still some collision issues with bridges to be worked out before they could be released.  And with only 24 hours to go we get this message, all about Challenge, with absolutely no mention of bridge updates, but lots of new items for Challenge.  To be honest, it would be foolish to do 2 such big releases at the same time, with all the inevitable bugs and restarts involved for either project.  If I am wrong, let Red Baron Johan tell me so.

• Like 3

I'm disappointed about having to make a new character, but I'm still pretty excited about it! Let's do this!

Got a MASSIVE pack update right now, right in the middle of a long trip with 2 horses in tow... And my client bugged out so I tried relogging. BIG mistake.

Wurm is re-downloading the entire graphics.jar pack from scratch. Is there any way to manually download it? or has that been removed now?

Edited by irobotnik8

So, is faith x20 skill too. Or is it normal speed?

I swear I'm going to make a post immediately after bridges are released, addressed to all those people who constantly have been complaining about them which says - "Happy?  Please now shut up about bridges."  Then we'll have to endure the next month of complaints and belly aching due to inevitable bug fixes and tweaks that the devs will be making to get things corrected on them.  My advice:

1. Stop complaining about bridges.  They will get implemented when they get implemented.

2. Griping or whining that they delay the release past Dec. 10th because they're not *really* ready yet and have opted to wait another week or month won't do one bit of good.  Instead you should be thanking them that they have the forethought to actually release a quality feature instead of one half baked.

3. If you don't like it - leave.  Bye.  Simple.  

The dev team has a handful of people.  Granted they have their distractions (thank you for sheep), but they are nearly done. 

Give em a break.

Edited by Kruggan
  • Like 5

I heard one good thing: Better QL tools IMPROVE skill gain.  I want this on Freedom!  So silly - stupidly silly - that we have to use garbage tools to get better skill.

Imagine a couple of 40 year veteran logger, out in the woods with a toy hatchet, nearly falling apart in his hands.  How exactly is his skill improving faster than if he had a high quality axe?

In honor of the creator of my current main character:     For having to make a new character:  -1

• Like 3

In honor of the creator of my current main character:     For having to make a new character:  -1

Edited by Dently
  • Like 3

Looks fun, but not going to really participate with my money. something about wurms reputation of last minute changes and the unspecified time of wipe. I'll be the first to call it :

"Insider information will result in a select group raiding villages JUST before the server is closed."

• Like 1

the best part of the launch will be seeing hundreds of ppl trying to go through the little tutorial server :>