Sign in to follow this  
Tuanta

Rock climbing gear

I'm certain this has been suggested before...

I like discovering new places and the challenge of reaching the top of a mountain that very few others have made it too.

But I hate having to alter the natural slope of the mountain and creating fences to get to the top.

I'd love to see rock climbing tools added to the game and have the climbing skill be used in conjunction with them.

Here's a cool site with some old tools and their names etc.

http://www.vintagewinter.com/collections/vintage-mountaineering-and-antique-climbing

Additional functionality:

Could use climbing rope to tie people together and have them share the skill of the person with the highest climbing skill.

So rock climbers could be hired to take people to the top of mountains.

your not going to believe me when I say this.... but.... sandwiches are the secret to climbing mountains.

• Like 1

hehe yeah and wine. :P

Just would like to see more love to climbing skill/gear

I've thought a lot about climbing (living on top of a mountain and all) and I must say easier climbing would be a huge pain in the ass to me since I rely on the seclusion of my home to keep lumberjacks away from the beautiful forests I plant!

However...  Well it's not all about me is it?  +1 to this idea because it will help countless others

Some simple mechanics might be :

Cut handholds into tile borders, (3/4 stamina usage to climb)

Place and secure a rope on tile borders (7/8 stamina usage to climb)

An item (crampon) that can be hammered into the rock face and restores stamina until the person who placed it moves again (the crampon is returned damaged based on the amount of time used and ql), restore rate being 1/4 as fast as normal resting.  Maybe something like 1 use per 25ql of the crampon before it breaks (unrepairable while on a steep slope)?

A consumable (alpine tea) made with camellia and something else (no idea what) that reduces stamina usage while climbing for a certain amount of time.

• Like 1

+1 to something that lets my stamina rebuilt instead of me needing to fall off the mountain.