Sign in to follow this  
haruko

animal crates (for transporting animals across servers by boat)

The idea is that we can load animals into crates so that we can transport them across servers by boat or wagon or what ever can drive across the server borders and fit an animal crate in it.

Here is a list of some ideas I came up with that could be a concern or advice about animal crates.

I think that the animal must be tamed in order to load it into the crate.

A pregnant animal should probably not be allowed to be loaded onto the crate unless it is an animal crate that can fit more then 1 animal in the crate and the pregnant animal should count as 2 animals.

If there are animal crates that can fit multiple animals in then you should only be allowed to put the same kind of animal in the crate.

Maybe after this feature is added in, later there could be options added in to feed the animal in the crate so that it dose not die.

Here is some logic for the programmers:

This can work pretty easily if there is a database that all the servers can access. Once an animal is loaded into the crate then the crate will get an ID on the database storing all the parameters of that animal and the time that the animal was shoved into the crate. Once the animal is taken out of the crate, it's data must be changed according to how long it was in the crate for. For example: if the animal staved to death then it will come out of the crate dead.

I'd be happy with same-server animal crates so I can haul around smaller animals like hens, pigs, dogs, etc. in my wagon/knarr.

Make cross-server livestock transport caravel only so there's some point to owning one.

~my 2cp

i doubt this will ever happen. But for a start it would be nice if all animals could swim for the  sake of getting them anywhere on a server...

This was suggested many times now and we are still waiting..............