Sign in to follow this  
Aussiebrat

Ramps in buildings

Hi all  :)

I am new to wurm only been here a few weeks i've seen some nice places so far - i'm just wondering why there isn't an option for ramps in buildings? to be able to make use of space above ground floor and so on. If the coders can make bridges surely they could add ramps  :P​ i'm not sure if this has been suggested or not as i'm new to forum too this has my intrest  :)

Lots of exciting things coming with the addition of bridges! Not entirely sure what will be in the update, but I'm sure there'll be something to at least partially sate this need :)

• Like 2

Yes I am sure that solving all of the problems with bridges will solve many of the issues that have been holding back the ever elusive stairs option :)

• Like 1

It all comes back to dealing with 3D rather than 2D.

Here's hoping!

I have expressed my wish for this many times. For now, you can access upper floors using a floor opening/ladder. You can get a cart to the upper floors by dragging it while climbing up. As well, you can ride a cart/wagon with horses hitched to it using a work around. If you climb up to an upper floor and leave the wagon/cart (with horses hitched) directly below then you can embark as a driver by looking down the shaft and right clicking the wagon/cart. The wagon will jump up to the floor you are on and you can drive it around. There is some bugginess to this as it will appear that the wagon/cart will flicker between the upper and lower floors. The wagon/cart's position on the server will be on the upper floor, but at times it will appear on the lower floor.

Ramps? RAMPS?  Can we please get stairs as was promised when Multistory was released!

• Like 1

Yes I am sure that solving all of the problems with bridges will solve many of the issues that have been holding back the ever elusive stairs option :)

I see it now. Someone pushing a piano up stairs, or maybe draggin a good Ol' cart up the stairs :P

I see it now. Someone pushing a piano up stairs, or maybe draggin a good Ol' cart up the stairs :P

We think the same :)

I OP is about utilising the space an option for a ramp would be great for anyone who chooses to use it.

Lots of exciting things coming with the addition of bridges! Not entirely sure what will be in the update, but I'm sure there'll be something to at least partially sate this need :)

+1 as always for something like this, we have long awaited stairs/ramps and there have even been numerous mod's suggested to the way stacked ladders work in the past.