Sign in to follow this  
Banzai

Continuously shooting arrows

My suggestion is give us an option to shoot arrows every 5 seconds but make it a long timer. Sort of like the "level" option for digging. One long timer but something happens every set interval; in this case, a 5 minute timer that shoots arrows according the current stamina level starting from 5 seconds. Lower stam obv means longer interval before the arrow fires. 

It's really annoying to double click or right click and pick EVERYTIME I want to shoot an arrow. Wurm isn't the smoothest of game clients so double click sometimes doesn't register, right clicking, waiting for the refresh, and then picking an option every time is sort of a joy kill as well.

Give us an option to "continuously shoot". Let me know what ya'll think.

Sorry if there are prev posts about this. cba to look. 

• Like 16

Huge +1

extend the timer 2secs if this would make it little unfair or so

whats "unfair"?

Everyone benefit and noone loses anything.

• Like 2

Great.

Theres no reason to keep only shooting 1 arrow really. I don't know why this isn't a thing yet.

I like this idea.

Can we have it so we can continually shoot one target, and que up another continuous shoot action too please.

Huge +1

Hell, if it is going to extend timers this should be toggleable in the fighting menu. I do rather click myself and win 2 seconds.

Current archery mechanic is poor game design: we have a placeholder...please fix it

and while you are making changes, you can help PVP and remove targeting face/head and disallow even touching a bow while wearing plate or mounted (can only use short bow in non plate while mounted). To do this you need timers for changing armor (which you should have)

+1

Isn't the new select bar going to allow us to have archery buttons for single left clicks instead of using the menu? Still a good idea, but the former would be more streamlined for aiming as opposed to just regular shoot option.

Archery usability sucks, it needs a full revamp, this is not the first time this subject come up.

It needs at least come in par with melee combat, auto shoot, special shoots, point to different body parts, all bindable actions, and with a proper interface.

For a wurm free of rigth clicks and carpal tunnel syndrome.