Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 49

LssNW49L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Welcome to yet another weekly update.

The end of this year is drawing close and so is the release date.

We are working as hard as we can to bring you as much as possible in this next release.

So let me tell you what is going on and

Share some News!

New Music!

Album.jpg

The very talented Musician and Producer Tom E Morrison has completed yet another album of awesome music for Wurm!

It is his third installment in the series and it is called Battle & Adventure.

A very powerful and inspiring album featuring epic, dramatic, classic themes with live traditional instruments in perfect balance with more modern influences, edits and a lounge vibe.

By far my favorite out of the three.

I highly recommend that you check it out and listen to it out of the game to explore and enjoy it to the fullest.

You can as with his other albums find it on Spotify, Itunes and Amazon.com

Bridges

bridges.jpg

Click Image for a Larger Version

We are still working hard getting all the kinks taken care of.

Most problems we have found by now are fixed which is great.

There is however one crucial piece remaining which will be the deciding factor of when bridges are released and it has to do with checking movement correctly.

We have now also added icons for bridge parts so they can be shown in the crafting interface.

Challenge

Challenge1.png

We are progressing steadily on Challenge and things are really starting to get interesting.

First let me speak a bit about the resource spawn points.

The spawn points which we have touched upon earlier is divided in two different types.

The large on for bulk materials and smaller ones in the hota zone which yields less but are more frequent and with strategically important materials.

We have made some particle effects which will trigger regularly and trickle down for the ones in the middle which are the smaller but more frequent resource spawns.

There is also a larger one which is for the less frequent but with larger yields.

This particle effect will be triggered and stay in effect for 30 minutes in advance of the big spawn so people can get prepared and start heading there.

Both of the effects will be visible from a very long distance and finnish in a sound effect which can be heard from far away.

Secondly there will be new sounds for all the siege and defensive weapons which I am currently working on.

Most of them are already done and it is adding plenty of drama to the feeling of interacting with the objects.

The new Trebuchet!

TrebuchetRenders.png

Click Image for a Larger Version

Third there is plenty of tweaking going into all the new weapons for them to function as well as possible for the first round of Challenge.

The fourth thing I want to mention is that we are going to add a bit of drama to the ending of the first round of Challenge to, so to say “Go out in a blazeâ€.

What I mean is there will be effects and events triggering that will leave no room for interpretation other than the fact that the end is drawing near.

New Tapestry!

TapestryComp_Winner.png

This lovely new Tapestry will get added to the game thanks to Faeldray who contributed it in the competition a couple of weeks back.

Thanks again to everyone who took part in the competition!

Planting

As you all have probably seen already.

We listened to your feedback and added keybinds for several planting actions.

Also added was the option both to plant centered and natural which will give you a more random result.

Gardeners and foresters everywhere rejoice!

Beauty of battle

This time it has been me working on this area.

I have updated all the combat sounds having to do with fighting, dodging, defending, shields and bashing etc.

So you can expect them to go live with an update very soon.

Still to come are of course plenty of the creatures which are going to be work in progress for quite some time.

Alright Wurmians that is all for this week.

The team is heading out today for our annual Christmas dinner with Rolf at the head of the table.

We will be raising our glasses for you, thankful for the fact that you

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 33

Thank you so much for the hard work.  The centered olive grove is my favorite so far.  Bridge anticipation still has me in a 3x3 wood shed, since day two of Xanadu.  It is worth the wait!

Good to see that tapestry got selected as a winner. Congrats on that.

May you all enjoy your Xmas dinner as tribute to the god of Wurm who resides at the tables head. Long has he kept these lands alive through many changes and tumultuous times. Feast well knowing that because of you his loyal minions the future holds even more promise than the past, with the bridges over troubled waters soon to arrive.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

Thanks very much for implementing the planting change so we could do both natural & centered! Loving all the new additions and the weekly updates :-)

ooo the big bang sounds fun, truly experience some wurmageddon x)

What about wagons bridges sheep boat textures new furniture crafting interface more keybinds multi-height walls to connect castle wall buildings together?

• Like 5

Thank you, enjoy the dinner ;)

The only sad thing is that we start to lack of things to complain about but i am sure wurmians will be creative for this :P

Edited by Zetuka
  • Like 4

Thats great! When can we load our animals in the boats as most settlers did? Either way you guys are doing a great job. Thanks from all of us who play.

• Like 2

yuh know., hesitant at first about challenge..it's sounded even better n better each reveal.  In my head i'm seeing a "hunger games" type play...a dash for resources and a battle to the end.. raise yer swords and battle on!!!

and if any of you are like me and have had music turned off, i just sampled the new third album and it's actually great and fits with the game.  I"m quite please and suprised..very nice..i encourage you all to give it a gander.

and bridges....from the old to the new frontier of wurm.. cheers on the tastey offerings.  enjoy a meal and merriment on us you deserve it!

• Like 1

What an ugly trebuchet is that? It has not even a sling. A trebuchet without a sling is just a catapult. The counterweight looks so tiny compared to the boulder basket, which is huge and just looks like spoon ready to throw the rock backwards towards its own troops instead of over the walls of the enemy.

That trebuchet doesn't make much sense. Without a sling it will just launch it's ammunition straight into the ground in front of it (this does not happen with a catapult because the arm is stopped from moving to far with those). I also agree with Chlodovech that the counterweight looks way too small. The stuff inside of it must be very dense if it is to be heavy enough.

• Like 1

Its actually named Challenge? I thought that was a code name. At least I live on Xanadu and not "new large server" ;)

are people gonna be able to build bridges like in those screens?

I realy don't think a bridge like that is possible, especialy the stone one

• Like 1

So 1 week and the only news on Challenge is a little bit about resource spawns? How can you expect the PvP community to jump onto something when it basically looks the same as everything......

So 1 week and the only news on Challenge is a little bit about resource spawns? How can you expect the PvP community to jump onto something when it basically looks the same as everything......

Edited by Zekezor

So with the resource areas does that mean you can only get the resources from there or it is just easier to get there? 

That's from #wurm earlier if anyone missed it:

<RedBaron_Johan> yeah, I will make another update before release, count on it ;)

So there will be more info about it for sure! :)

Hooray combat sound changes! And just as my pitiful FS is becoming slightly less pitiful.

Enjoy the Christmas Dinner, Wurm team! You have defnitely earned it.