Sign in to follow this  
Tpikol

rethink the dye amounts items need

right now the amount of dye items need makes no sense for example a sailboat needs 5,4kgs of dye a large cart 25kgs and a bulk storage bin 128kg, and most items people wants to dye depends on an item that was never meant to exist (the fountain containers).

so there is no doubt that it could be much better,and i think now that wood textures are going away would be a good time to rethink the amount of dye items need

maybe even allow painting directly from containers using the crafting gui or something.that would solve the problem not having containers that are meant to paint big objects.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 9

200+ for a knarr and 60+ for a cog sound good to me tbh /sarcasm off

knarr is fine :)

+1, they do need some rethinking, and we also need to be able to dye without bugged containers.

+1 to being able to dye without bugged containers and yeah addressing dye amounts would be nice as well.

+1 - and what do you mean by bugged containers? Haven't done much with dye yet

+1 - and what do you mean by bugged containers? Haven't done much with dye yet

Several years back, you could complete unfinished items inside other containers. The common practice was to complete an unfinished fountain in a saucepan or other container. This allowed you to pick up and carry the pan and therefore the fountain. The fountain acted like any other container, but could hold a massive amount of liquid. This is how people exceed the current limit of 64 KGs of dye in a single container (cauldron).

on Wiki, under dye:

(Fountain Containers have been used for boats. (no longer creatable))

Object             Amount, kg

Caravel                 630

Knarr                    240

Cog                      65

Corbita                 73

Colossus              66.67

Bulk storage bin  128.00

Food storage bin 128.00

Trash heap          128.00

1. The amounts of dye are ridiculously out of balance and most are too high.

2. The current amounts cannot be applied, unless you have a fountain pan and 50 strength - again, ridiculous!

3. At least make a large barrel liftable and not just loadable.

4. Frustration level is high atm - made 240kg dye for a knarr and have no way to paint it.

This needs attention - or an explanation as to why it is not being addressed.

Thanks, in hope!

Edited by Baloo

bump - on instruction from Samool - would have thought my post above would have done that....

Only caravel and bsb/fsb/trash heap need a change.

Would suggest bumping dye amounts on colossus+cog, too easy right now

Bugged containers shouldn't be the only way to paint things that require more than 64kg of dye. Those containers should've been removed with the change that made the impossible to make. That's just an another window of opportunity.

• Like 3

And, Silakka, how do you suggest applying the paint to these objects ???

new containers is what i suggest.

I'm a dedicated dyemaker and i think depending on bugged items isnt really right. [in my personal opinion]

• Like 1

i would like to see a "paint in progress" option, instead of having to put on all required dye at once and needing a huge (can not be created anymore) container for this, we could fill some kind of dye slot or attach dye. Could be like

"you see a caravel in front of you, it needs 630 pieces of dye to finish painting it"

1 piece=1kg or so, could think about the wording, but in general, in real you also don't splash paint all over the boat, but do it in layers, like the creation process of items 

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 1

+1 to the attaching idea, pretty awesome actually and right in line with current mechanics.

That or some kind of paint brush that allows painting from a container on the same tile etc..

The dye amounts for different objects are totally incongruous related to each other, as others have noted. The higher amounts should be reduced based upon some common denominator to encourage players to use more dyes as a personal touch, or just as a fair application pattern. Just not alternating patterns on low stone walls, hopefully.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

1+ the dye amounts are way out of wack and always have been one of my main annoyances when it comes to the customization of things.  You should be able to dye anything you want, and have it be within reason.  Wurm is about building your world, and customization is all part of that.  Serously, how hard is it to change the numbers? Is it harder than adding new models? I'ts just tweaking an existing mechanic.  

Edited by Battlepaw