Sign in to follow this  
Joemog

Enchanting bonus bug?

After maxing out my deed enchanting bonus my priest has started destroying very high ql items. The past couple of days I've shattered 3 items at around 90ql. This is with 95 effective channeling (Epic) and 52 soul depth. I've never shattered anything before really, only a couple of very low quality items. Only thing I've changed I can think of is all the work I've put into the deed's enchanting bonus.

Perhaps the excitement from racking up the bonus inspired you to cast more than usual and just got unlucky, I don't know if its a bug or not but I do know I have shattered several 90+ql items with some more skill

Perhaps the excitement from racking up the bonus inspired you to cast more than usual and just got unlucky, I don't know if its a bug or not but I do know I have shattered several 90+ql items with some more skill

Haven't casted much more than usually nah. I don't know but my jimmies are rustled.

• Like 1

I've never really noticed any actual bonus effect above the original 10% we used to get but tend to keep it in the 25% - 30% region just to be safe. I have often wondered if it's bugged or a Rolf troll since my casts always seem in the same sorta ball park figure regardless as to whether it's 10% or 30%.

• Like 1

Have to agree thinking it's bugged. Not sure how the mechanic is supposed to work, but I used to get a good handful of 91+ chants before the bonus system was implemented. In my book a 10% bonus should mean all those 91+ chants should now be 100+ chants. I've not seen a 100+ chant in ages.

• Like 2

Would be nice to know what it actually does... All the info I've seen is that it says 30% enchanting bonus which implies something about enchanting is 30% better which it most certainly is not.

Wasn't it recently "nerfed?" I seem to remember something where an extra 15% Bonus was tacked on, making the max 30%? But in reality everyone took a 15% HIT, meaning at 0 bonus you where infact casting 50% Worse then if you had "Full" deed bonus. Bumping the bonus to 15% Brought you back to "normal" levels, and anything after that intial 15% gave you a boost?

Numbers may be way off, but a TL:DR Could be the max wasn't raised, the minimum was lowered, meaning you need to get back to 0 before you start seeing the effect of the bonus

~edit~ After sinking probably 500+ 60ql Cordage to boost it to max, I landed 6-7 97+ Power CoC Casts in one night. Metric Ass Tons of favor where used, but I defiantly noticed a difference. Tools where only 10ql as well, no shatters. 

(50sd 80chan 75ql Alter - Xandau during the Faith bug epidemic)

Edited by Dently

sounds like a bad casting day, i would wait it out !

watch those stars ;P

also dont forget to spin around 3 times and sac a rosemary! (my seceret)

Edited by Aum
  • Like 1

Wasn't it recently "nerfed?" I seem to remember something where an extra 15% Bonus was tacked on, making the max 30%? But in reality everyone took a 15% HIT, meaning at 0 bonus you where infact casting 50% Worse then if you had "Full" deed bonus. Bumping the bonus to 15% Brought you back to "normal" levels, and anything after that intial 15% gave you a boost?

All I see is this

• Village bonuses max values were increased. Also reduced effect of more villagers

I can't say i've noticed any difference lately and as far as i can see the deed bonus has never increased the strength of your casts, only the success%. Or if it does increase strength, then it's like most factors in enchanting and only increases it by such a monumentally small amount that it's barely noticeable compared to RNG.

I'm with Aum, sounds like an unfortunate run of RNG, either wait it out or man up and power through it ;)

All I see is this

• Village bonuses max values were increased. Also reduced effect of more villagers

Aye, but after the "Increase" my 80 power Avg dropped to 60 at 0 bonus, back to about 70 at 15% and extremely noticable at a full 30%

Anyway, maybe a dev could comment but I doubt they will.

I don't recall ever shattering anything at a high quality before. Just searching my logs from last month the word frown was found about 500 times and no shatters. This month I've shattered 3 really high quality items in the last 50 casts. Pretty unlikely to just be bad luck if you ask me any way.

I can't add recent experience, but this stuff started occasionally happening after Rolf fixed flaming aura while also nerfing shatter rates on other spells. What you are mentioning sounds even more out of the ordinary though.

We had a 96 channeling 40 SD priest shatter a 90ql saddle. Also a 72 channeling 32 SD shattered an 80ql large anvil. Both were within their god's influence. Both were on Epic, so channeling was curved to roughly 92/99+ respectively. Soul depth was low, but that shouldn't account for shatters like this.

I'm very curious about enchanting anomalies.  When I get in the chanting mode, I have several priests all casting at once.  Seems to me, there is this "bad vibe" that hits and all my priests fail their current casts. Sometimes happens the next round of casts from all priests.  So, I've gotten to the point, where if I hit a fail, I do not recast right away and cancel the casts my other priests are about to do.  I'll typically wait 5 min or so before retrying the casts.

I am not saccing, just using naturally gained favor and 1 battery for each main priest.

This method seems to be helping me cut down on the number of failures, but it could be complete bologna.

I can't add recent experience, but this stuff started occasionally happening after Rolf fixed flaming aura while also nerfing shatter rates on other spells. What you are mentioning sounds even more out of the ordinary though.

We had a 96 channeling 40 SD priest shatter a 90ql saddle. Also a 72 channeling 32 SD shattered an 80ql large anvil. Both were within their god's influence. Both were on Epic, so channeling was curved to roughly 92/99+ respectively. Soul depth was low, but that shouldn't account for shatters like this.

Doesn't sound unusual that the priests shattered one thing each really...

Bump, it would be nice to get confirmed that there's nothing wrong with calculation of the casts at high skill/enchanting bonus like there for example was for coal piles.

Bump, it would be nice to get confirmed that there's nothing wrong with calculation of the casts at high skill/enchanting bonus like there for example was for coal piles.