Sign in to follow this  
JockII

Remove /who and the Server status(player count) from EPIC servers.

we shall then see if it actually encourages or discourages pvp.

Currently players MR, JK and BL all have such a program, so I don't think it will change much :P

So, People who say that it would hurt pvp what evidence do you have to abck this up.

My evidence for the fact it kills pvp with the multitude of threads askign for this. plus the ever decreasing amount of pvp. 

Edited by JockII

Currently players MR, JK and BL all have such a program, so I don't think it will change much :P

once it's full publicly available. i'm sure pvp will be less. i'm bl i don't have that program. Nice brushing off the fact you have access to this program to everyone has it. Afraid of loosing an advantage?

it really grind my gears when people say 'this will increase pvp' or make general statements that involve stuff saying like 'this is favorable for the pvp community'

and there's always one group of people saying it

So, People who say that it would hurt pvp what evidence do you have to abck this up.

My evidence for the fact it kills pvp with the multitude of threads askign for this. plus the ever decreasing amount of pvp. 

Look at the past. A big part of the kills that happen are enemies on home server getting caught thanks to /who. If you remove it, all that pvp disappears, just so you can do a mission.

Edited by Judicator

Any third party program that is more than asthetic and enhances your pvp capability should be considered cheating. It's basically the stupid guys version of hacking because some one else did the hacking for you.

Edited by iann

It may not technically be considered cheating, but then again, this is a game that allows account trading, endorses a sleazy gold farming site, and pretends that premium alts are actually mains. Not sure I'd want to cozy up to whatever version of reality Code Club is living in.

If you want to increase PvP, try increasing the server populations first. It's not like we have a hundred people sitting on Ele who are simply too lazy or scared to leave deed. People have just stopped playing, period, and when we get people playing Wurm again, PvP will naturally follow. All of these ideas about what will or will not increase PvP just leads to short-sighted gimmicks like HotA or the Challenge server.

It's only a few threads over a few years, while pvp continues to grow and decline as the playerbase does.

[17:49:43] 17 other players are online. You are on Elevation (765 totally in Wurm).

I think that might have more to do with "decreasing pvp" than anything else, it's the same thing that happens every winter, it's pretty simple logic to follow, less people = less pvp

Since all public wurm data is allowed to use for third party program, i'll develop a program which will notify whenever raiders attack your home server ;). This program will be distributed as soon it hit's version 1.0 I'll post a thread once it's getting there and available for testing.

update: at the developing process. follow me (close to live) at http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/114725-wip-early-warning-system-ews/

It's only a few threads over a few years, while pvp continues to grow and decline as the playerbase does.

[17:49:43] 17 other players are online. You are on Elevation (765 totally in Wurm).

I think that might have more to do with "decreasing pvp" than anything else, it's the same thing that happens every winter, it's pretty simple logic to follow, less people = less pvp

a few threads over a few years that the game stagnates at it's current level because it doesn't change things like this. Yeah it might not work... in the long run. But clearly the current system isn't working. all it does is server long standing players who want to sit and defend there home server.  The game has so much wrong with it, but it seem everytime anyone suggests something change the same group of people do everything they can to stop it from even being consider... but wait i'm the self serving one ;). damn me for trying to offer some new idea's and direction for a game that clearly hasn't got one.

I'd rather find reasons to make people want to pvp on elevation instead of home servers, but that's just me

I'd rather find reasons to make people want to pvp on elevation instead of home servers, but that's just me

This is for all servers. People could roam and attack elevation deeds. also. You seem to think it only affects home servers, the idea is to encourage pvp by giving  all raids and roaming the element of suprise. As of current there is little to no element of surprise. With the hey loook 40 players are online... something is going down..

once it's full publicly available. i'm sure pvp will be less. i'm bl i don't have that program. Nice brushing off the fact you have access to this program to everyone has it. Afraid of loosing an advantage?

BL has had such a program for quite a while, maybe longer than anybody else. Just because they don't give you access to it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

BL has had such a program for quite a while, maybe longer than anybody else. Just because they don't give you access to it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

they way you said it, it came across as ALL bl mr and jk has it.. just cause you have it don't mean everyone does. But they will soon. The as you said it'll encourage lots of pvp and epic will be saved..

I'm not sure where all this " epic playerbase is dying!" drama is coming from. Epic has the same population as it did last November.

I'm not sure where all this " epic playerbase is dying!" drama is coming from. Epic has the same population as it did last November.

I said the game has lost players... it translated in to epic is dying! 

Taking the side of home server raiders for once: a 13 v. 5 gank isn't really "PvP" to some people - it's a slaughter. If they actually did anything noteworthy, people would find out and defend if they so chose without programs. 

Local checking alts mains would be more than useful, especially on JKH (see map).

Edited by Omar

Yea lets not make the pvp better cos the farmers might get hurt QQ

it really grind my gears when people say 'this will increase pvp' or make general statements that involve stuff saying like 'this is favorable for the pvp community'

and there's always one group of people saying it

So you don't like it when people make suggestions to make the PVP server better?

SOTG killed pvp. Havin fun yet?

• Like 1

This is for all servers. People could roam and attack elevation deeds. also. You seem to think it only affects home servers, the idea is to encourage pvp by giving  all raids and roaming the element of suprise. As of current there is little to no element of surprise. With the hey loook 40 players are online... something is going down..

go find my fog of war suggestion. there is an element of surprise.

If i was Rolf I would probably write a server side script that changes the data by pulling random amounts of players off one server and adding them to another every few minutes just for the lulz.