Sign in to follow this  
Valdor

Celebration Girls Calendar

glnkInN.jpg

You have heard me talk about it on the Freedom channel and then during the Impalong and you thought I was kidding. Ha! So little faith, my friends! The time has finally arrived to start his project. One month to go till new year!

We all know that Celebration is a great server. We have a great community, we have the woolliest sheep and of course we have Silakka! Other continents can boast about their fish, or greenish troll populations, but we all know well that you haven't lived in Wurm until you lived on Celebration. What makes us great is the precise angles in which the sun reflects off the Delone's Eyrie Peak in the morning, the slow, downstream roll of the waters of Salsa Straits at just the right speed, the depth of the Dead Noob Sea which makes for some great diving (soon to be implemented in game, I am sure), the hollow echoes of the Northmere Canal, the unique bison migrations of The Great Plains, the twin orbs of the Crater Lakes during Seris full moon...

...and of course, WOMEN!

Yes, it is undeniable that Celebration women are the most beautiful, most charismatic, most celebrated creatures in all of Wurm (btw, see what I did there with "celebrated"? Oh yea!). And to show our appreciation, the least we can do is to make love to them... err... to immortalize them in a Celebration Girls Calendar. So... all you ladies of the Celebration plains, all you muses of the Northmere waters, all you angels of the Tap Dance grasslands, I need YOU to send me YOUR IN-GAME LIKENESS. Here is how this works:

1. There are twelve months in 2015 (I believe) and I need 12 images, which I will convert into a digital calendar for the upcoming year. I need each interested female player to send me one screenshot featuring her female character. Unfortunately, that excludes you, Silakka, sorry.

2. The screenshot is up to you. You can be standing, be on a horse, cart... whatever you like. You decide what you wear and hold. It can be in moonlight, sunlight, on water or land... completely up to you! Let your personality show, or just take a random snapshot.

3. If you are interested, send along a quick blurb about your character. Something very short along the lines: "Valdoria loves long walks on the beach, usually ending in a dead crab or two. She is an avid horse rider, miner and digger. Her turn offs include champion trolls and people who park their boats on her deed without asking." Something like that! This is optional, as I can make a blurb myself.

4. Send me what you have in a PM or just post it here.

That's it! I promise to keep the calendar tasty and family friendly and I will give an ample time for all involved to privately check and approve their part of the final project. Ladies, don't delay. We need you! Do it for Celebration! Do it for our morale! Do it for the men of Wurm!

Booyah!

• Like 11

You'll be sorry for not allowing me to be on that calendar!!

[ will probably give a pic anyways ]

atleast i could be on the front cover right? pls

• Like 4

Well, I bet I could make my character look female like...

no silakkas on front covers

I can't bend over trying to pick up some flowers for the 1st pic..

Any GM on to help me with that? :P

• Like 2

Avatar lookin like Hef. I see you playa

Pm me to signup for non character calendar :rolleyes:

To me the ladies within Wurm are mysterious beings (notice I did not label them creatures, as you), elusive in their motivations for dwelling here and moving about on their daily routines with some intent. I doubt their visages submitted will do little to dispel this embodiment of a veil of indefinable mystery, softly drawn to evade those who would dare to inquire as to what they might be about in and around hereabouts. Although I have my doubts, what remains to be seen may be just that, remaining.

In this respect the imagination is a wonderful thing when attuned to the ebb and flow within these our Wurm homelands. I prefer that mine remain undisturbed by any images that I have not conjured up within my own, for when I chance to see and greet these ladies in passing, their gentle slightly bewildered expressions of innocence only cause my day to brighten a bit further, if pleasant words are exchanged. This being enough to well suit myself, what fleeting memories I retain will only make the encounter a pleasant refrain, which steps I encourage you to pursue.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

I was peacefully flying across the sky as that's what we angels do, when someone approached me to make an interview for some kind of an calendar?

I don't usually do this kind of things and to set things straight I'm like 99% real

ok so here's my story

They call me The Cupid. I shoot arrows of love and make everyone's relationships better and sell flowers at 0.99$

The end

eyelqn6.png

• Like 10

I was peacefully flying across the sky as that's what we angels do, when someone approached me to make an interview for some kind of an calendar?

I don't usually do this kind of things and to set things straight I'm like 99% real

ok so here's my story

They call me The Cupid. I shoot arrows of love and make everyone's relationships better and sell flowers at 0.99$

The end

eyelqn6.png

I'm not gonna buy flowers from you, i just pick em up myself ;)

This is a great idea :) Now would you mind if we stole it .... cause really, the females inhabiting wurm DOES need celebrating...not just on Celebration! 

ok so here's my story

The end

eyelqn6.png

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.  But fantastic avatar.  The end. 

Edited by elf

While the image of Silakka will now haunt me forever, I want to add a quick clarification to this thread. I have received a few PMs that led me to believe that I need to add one comment, if only for my own piece of mind.

The calendar is NOT a commercial venture. There will be no printed version of it and I will not be selling it or distributing it for any profit whatsoever. This is just a for-the-fun of it project and it will be distributed to the Wurm community in a digital (read: free pixel version) form, after everyone involved is sattisfied with the final product. This clarification is not a slight to anyone who PMed me. You brought up great questions. I appreciate them. I just wanted to clarify this to dispel any nebulous intentions.

So, ladies, I am waiting for the submissions! This is a fun project that hopefully will promote Celebration to Wurm community.

It may even bring us some more settlers :) Who knows!

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 4

whoever Miss December is..i vote is opening a christmas package that has a the "arctic series" valdor action figure starter kit (with fur pelt hat, mukluks, and carving knife)

• Like 2

PHOTOSHOOTS   AVAILABLE!

It has been mentioned to me by someone apparently smarter than myself (I know, it's shocking!) that since Wurm is a first person game (who knew!), many players don't have screenshots of themselves. Alts circumvent this problem, but not everyone has them. Given this new revolutionary information, I realize that not everyone may have screenshots of their characters in full calendar-ready glory. To help, I am now opening my own art studio services! If you are interested in being in the calendar, here is what's on offer:

- Send me a quick note and I'll arrange a time to meet with you for your personal photo shoot (or screenshot shoot, as we call it in Wurm).
- If you have a location in mind, suggest it. Otherwise, I have some great ideas for both places and frames.
- All the photos taken (screenshots) are yours to keep and you can pick the one you want for the calendar.

Also...

- You are allowed to be difficult, like a professional model, and can throw a fit about the impossible working conditions and the temperature of the drinking water in your waterskin once every half hour.
- You are allowed one diva moment and can demand your own trailer wagon, can request a diamond studded club for your tamed champion troll, or have your M&Ms arranged by colour in separate bowls.

The equipment I use is of the most professional quality and it includes water-cut-plastic keyboard with a "print screen" button with just the right amount of resistance. I use natural lighting during the day and high ql lanterns at night that offer direct, pastel illumination in several different colours.

So, if you always wanted to be a model, this is your time! Send me a message and let the magic begin.

That's how Heidi Klum got started!

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 4

OMG this is awesome!!! I am not on Celebration but wow, given the chance I would demand a red carpet which can fly.  Do you provide those??  If so I will consider moving to Celebration.

ok  here is one for you.     I snapped it of my alt who  looks after the deed while  I   party at impalongs.    

a7bd7516-b444-47c9-b1b3-4e9b1f26ec9d.png

Hope that works  

Edited by elfnz
  • Like 2

f28ce661-f9d9-41f4-82be-6297cc520d36.png

Fo Priestess -  Misticcal's  Ring of Fire.     

• Like 2

Thank you, Elfnz, for the image ideas. And I haven't forgotten about your photo shoot. I'll be getting to you soon!

Well, while I have received some submissions for the calendar (in PM or photo shoots), it seems that the majority of ladies on Celebration are either busy mining, smithing, playing the Challenge server or finally putting me on ignore :) Or maybe the project just wasn't as well received as I originally envisioned. Still...

Since I don't have enough images for the entire calendar yet, I am opening this to all the female players from all the servers. I don't think I am going to post this on the Town Square forum just yet, as I really don't want to compete with the angry mobs on a current bridges wichhunt, but if you are reading this, are from ANY server in game, are female and thought to yourself "hey, I would love to be a Calendar Girl" (who wouldn't!), then I encourage you to contact me and contribute.

You too can be a model!

And now, the project will no longer be an advertisement for Celebration, but simply be...

Girls of Wurm Calendar!

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 1