Sign in to follow this  
ldrancer

pvp with deeds or in settlements in pvp, and deeds in pve..

i dont nkow where to put this.

im on freedom isles.  alright i also dont 100% know the rules.  but im sure i remember them, and have them pretty down pat.  shouldnt be confused here any.

a pvp player, as in, they spawned at pvp, theyre part of, a settlement, or own a token on pvp map.  travels to pve, then he can make a deed here too?   thats what i think is going on next to me and its unfair. 

i benefit none from this guy.  he farms the resources, what he farms is my FRAMES PER SECOND.

and land.  fi he belongs on pvp, he belongs on pvp. he joins the pve, and i know this, ok, like i said i dont 100% know the rules, hes over there from pvp land probably a blacklighter, also.

alright now pvpers can read this and go along. tell me this isnt exactly what is possible. 

he sits on pvp map.  he spawns there. makes a token.  to guard his spot.  he gets friends and stuff also to help him.  but.  ok.  hes got this little place.  the whitelighters travel by theree like.  hmm whatever.  hes off on the side, you dont want to walk over to his place.  hes outta the way.  you walk around maybe see what hes got.  your like, whatever.  not where id liek to be. 

then the guy creates 180 charcoal smoking pits you can see for a mile, that lags your game.  you and 10 players, the whitelighters do, get together, go over there, snuff the whole place out.

alright.  so the guy with the instatiable appetite for 180 charcoal lag pits, at one time, gets this idea.

hey i can do this on a pve map and have nothing to worry about. 

so for a token he can have 180 charcoal pits, and a lot of steel armor for his area.  for free, without worry of playing pvp.  without watching his back and guarding the 3 day extralagoganza.

not fair im playing against the environment overe here on pve not players.   the environment doesnt lag me for 3 days unless i benefit.

my reasons for saying this.  big boat, sits there.  a highway right beside it.  guard towers pretty far. 

sure lots of unfair things for me to not be able to do something.  but this is totally uncontrolable.  and the guy im pretty sure, thats all hes there to do, is farm charcoal and tar.  for steel armor. 

im unable to put out word to make him get a life.  or to do crap about 3 days of unplayable, ear screaching crap, that i will never benefit from cause osmoene else is takign the environment, i am playing against.  its player versus environment, not player versus player, with absolute no fair for pve map player versus pvp.

haha.  now someone  maybe i dont get the rules.  maybe theres something fair about it.   or maybe everyone will read this.  and get the gist. 

so can anyone tell me if i havent missed some game mechanic so i shouldnt be worrying about this? 

reasons for saying he is doing that exactly.  hes surrounded by way more than trees and land for a farm.  he touches nothing.  he responds to nothing.  its desolate in my area.  there are 2 chinese guys in his vicinity.  a bonus, he dosnt have to talk.  i never have anyone talk in my local area.  if hes there all night, nothing is said.  for 4 days.  why would i want to play a pve, against this?

• Like 1

Just go ahead and blame valve for whatever it is you're on about.

also as the mod told me, buy my land.  to surround myself within visible range, is a load.  theyd come within visible range.  no matter where i went, i couldnt go in the game.

being visible shouldnt be my problem on this map.  but if i see it and dont benefit from this.  and im not really reporting this guy, as i dont know his story but seeing his surroundings, im fairly certain about it.

fairly certain.

Edited by ldrancer

Just go ahead and blame valve for whatever it is you're on about.

was you going to make an announcement about what games there coming out with? 

Moved to Community Assistance.

There isn't a rule against it - most of the time doing whatever game mechanics allow you to do is fine, unless it's clear griefing.

Join chaos and do something about it when you can catch this guy sailing cross server to move materials, you can kill him :)

• Like 1

Idrancer, In practical terms for the financial benefit to the game, a player who has deeds both on PvE and pvp servers is more valuable than one who does not, since they are paying for 2 deeds instead of one.

Better yet if they have several more, as this is where a good portion of the game income comes from, which in turn pays the Devs, which in turn adjust the game performance so it is less likely to effect other players such as yourself, who lag from a bunch of charcoal piles.

Unfortunately, what this game policy, of allowing players to have as many deeds on as many servers as they choose that they can afford to pay for, can not do is to remove the resentment of those who can not. The person who pays more for a number of deeds is simply more valued for that income source alone. Sort of obvious, out of kindness I suppose...

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

I remember you ranting about this yesterday.  That player has just as much right to have coal piles on his deed as you have not to. It is his deed.

• Like 1

Idrancer, In practical terms for the financial benefit to the game, a player who has deeds both on PvE and pvp servers is more valuable than one who does not, since they are paying for 2 deeds instead of one.

Better yet if they have several more, as this is where a good portion of the game income comes from, which in turn pays the Devs, which in turn adjust the game performance so it is less likely to effect other players such as yourself, who lag from a bunch of charcoal piles.

Unfortunately, what this game policy, of allowing players to have as many deeds on as many servers as they choose that they can afford to pay for, can not do is to remove the resentment of those who can not. The person who pays more for a number of deeds is simply more valued for that income source alone. Sort of obvious, out of kindness I suppose...

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

No one is forced to talk. Yes chaos may well bea good spot for you. Have fun enforcing your will on the people there.

• Like 1

I'm just trying to figure out how it is necessarily a blacklighter because they are making coal piles. Whitelighters don't use steel? But that question beside, there are many things that can lag local. Lamps, animals, so on. Gates and doors opening lags me more than anything else but I don't think I would call it griefing to have unlocked gates that swing open when I ride past...

I'm confused by the people replying, because I could not like, understand the point in the original post.

anyhow I doubt that a neighbor being from chaos is the reason you lag?

• Like 1

its his deed, he can do what he wants, maybe you should have thought about something along these lines happening and made a larger perimeter. 100% allowed in the game.

If you don't like it, move, or grief the hell out of his deed and make him leave.

nobody agrees with you guys. 

whats it matter whether its black or white lighters. chaos is pvp.  pve shouldnt be dealing with their .. bunk. 

is that clear?  why am i having to deal with, ... less resources, no benefit from these farmed resources, and lag out my ass,

and let me addd, this stuff, a stuck up neighbor. doesnt care about his surroundings. he is concerned about, being close to a starter town.  so everythng is as close, as possible. 

if im on pve it shouldnt be pvp and pve, and its not pve if it is so.  it cant be both, so quit trying to have it both ways all of you.  its one or the other just say it straight. 

i dont have to deal with pvp if im on pve, and thats a pretty common known rule.

I think you are not articulating your issue clearly.

Are you upset about the pvp players also deeding on pve servers?

Or Are you upset that your neighbour is 'stuck up'

Or are you upset his charcoal piles are lagging you

or are you upset that nobody agrees with you?

• Like 1

So, if the guy wasn't part of chaos and this was their only deed.. Then what? He would grief you because he wanted to make charcoal piles? maybe he was working on his metallurgy skill.. Maybe he was working on his pile skill... Maybe, just maybe- it had nothing to do with "griefing" you on their own deed and more about they weren't paying attention to local/didn't want to talk to local and were just playing the game the way they wanted?

You realize that you have the option to move as well if you don't like the neighborhood..

Edited by Silvirwolfe
  • Like 3

wut? So i pay for the upkeep and i do use the area, build and do the same as you, but i should not be allowed to own a deed on other servers.. Because i use resources? How.. the land? The dirt? Deed it or lose it. + You can come to chaos and make your own deed also, i don mind.. more drain money for us. Maybe the person is a platesmith and they need the steel. You can take down your graphics so you wont lost that much frame, but what ever anyone does on their deed that they pay for.. well that is their own thing. Pve or PvP

• Like 2

My suggestion is to lower your draw distance detail while the coal piles are burning.

OR

Relocate your deed, this can be a fun adventurous thing, finding new resources etc.... and at the end of the day its probably your best defence against that kind of dedicated hard working neighbour.

• Like 1

nobody agrees with you guys. 

whats it matter whether its black or white lighters. chaos is pvp.  pve shouldnt be dealing with their .. bunk. 

is that clear?  why am i having to deal with, ... less resources, no benefit from these farmed resources, and lag out my ass,

and let me addd, this stuff, a stuck up neighbor. doesnt care about his surroundings. he is concerned about, being close to a starter town.  so everythng is as close, as possible. 

if im on pve it shouldnt be pvp and pve, and its not pve if it is so.  it cant be both, so quit trying to have it both ways all of you.  its one or the other just say it straight. 

i dont have to deal with pvp if im on pve, and thats a pretty common known rule.

I have never set foot on Chaos or Epic. I play on Release and I make charcoal all the time. I need it to make steel which I need to make durable tools and to skill up making armor and shield (plate and durability). It's not a PvP thing. It's a you need coal to make steel thing. He's perfectly allowed to make it. I'm sorry it is lagging you but it's not griefing to make charcoal.

He just wants pvpers to stay on pvp and deed chaos instead of taking space on freedom. Pvpers are using the land to benefit themselves on chaos or for purely profit and not to play a pve style gameplay. 

He said it pretty clearly in his posts...

OP could turn down some of the lighting effects or perhaps lower the render distance of items to overcome the lag from the piles.

The separation of Chaos from the rest of freedom cluster has been debated numerous times before. There are arguments either way, but ultimately Rolf decided to connect it and then keep it connected. No sure on the player base opinion on it now though.

• Like 1

OP could turn down some of the lighting effects or perhaps lower the render distance of items to overcome the lag from the piles.

Only pve players can make charcoal piles on pve servers. Sounds like "for white only".

• Like 1