Sign in to follow this  
Sizzle

Three champions per PMK not per template

As I've recently got word of Ebona not being able to get champions since they are shared among all the same-religion kingdoms it only sounds logical that they should be able to have their champions too as all the other kingdoms.

#ChampEbona2014

• Like 9

+1, this in the end just makes everything more interesting, and more fun for everyone. This was first seen on epic and since then I mean, there isn't really a point to it, I think it's just something that just got overlooked in the code.

I'm going to have to -1 this.

I think this should be the down side to having 1 priest which has every spell chucked onto it. If you want more templates, and this more champ slots, I think it's only fair that lib is split up into 2 or even 3 faiths.

I'm going to have to -1 this.

I think this should be the down side to having 1 priest which has every spell chucked onto it. If you want more templates, and this more champ slots, I think it's only fair that lib is split up into 2 or even 3 faiths.

I'm going to -1 your -1. I agree that lib and religion on a whole could really do with an overhaul from the ground up, but don't think that (in this specific case) we should punish Ebonaura because we need the overhaul.

• Like 2

This should probably be changed, we also should not need to share slots with template kingdoms.

We paid for our kingdom forms, we should get our own slots and not need to share with another kingdom.  If we were able to ally and that was the thoughts behind the limit then that would be fine.  But as we have no intentions of allying or working with Ebonaura, then that is where the problem is created.  As a separate entity they should be able to champ up.

I'd be arguing the same point if we didn't have 3 champs already and were in Ebonaura's position of not being able to champ.

This is just serving to widen the gap between old pmk's and new ones.

• Like 1

I think all kingdoms should have the same chances so +1 (also more champ fights :D)

• Like 1

each white light PMK has 3 champ slots, so it would seem only fair each black light PMK also get 3 champ slots. currently ebonaura is being denied any champ slots

well if another whitelight pmk came up, they would share champ slots too, it's just 3 slots for every religion over the whole board, not just BL

empire of mol rehan and jenn kellon share same champ slots on chaos?

mr gets 3 mag slots, jk gets 3 vyn/fo slots, lib gets 3 lib slots

Three way, 3 each, nothing to do with pmk like said, it's just per god group

mr gets 3 mag slots, jk gets 3 vyn/fo slots, lib gets 3 lib slots

Three way, 3 each, nothing to do with pmk like said, it's just per god group

This ^

It's based on the gods, not on kingdoms.

Many of you that are debating or trying to make it clear that its 3 slots per god are clearly not seeing the balance point of this issue. It has nothing at all to do with how many slots there are per god, this was never an issue because when champs were made there were only 3 kingdoms, the problem persist now because 1 change was made allowing PMKs without a full look over the entire system that follows. So long story short this is a mistake no matter how you want to try and justify it. It has just never been caught till now about 1 year or so after the birth of PMK's, which is only logical as it takes a while to build from the ground up.

When big changes, or heck even any changes are made the entire mechanics of every other aspect should be looked at to figure out what will be affected in the long run. It turns out that now there has been an imbalance created regardless how you care to view it if you dont see any fault in the way it currently is. No one here is really crying foul about JK or MR, but simply the overall system in place and imbalance it now creates.

A very simple fix to this situation is very simple just allow each kingdom 3 slots of the god they follow. We already cannot ally anymore since that system was removed, so there would be no way to take advantage of splits happening of kingdoms for champ slots, as the kingdoms would read enemy towards each other and bad moves would end up being costly in a pvp engagement, it would just create a way for new kingdoms to actually stand a chance in growing, as well as perhaps bring a bit more life into pvp.

-1 from me

Champions get some pretty huge perks with no effort involved just from clicking a button for instant gratification, there are not even any cons for doing this anymore its all just free bonus for nothing. The limits at the moment are a means of keeping the amount of people with easy mode running around to a minimum and I for one am all in favour for that.

-1 from me

Champions get some pretty huge perks with no effort involved just from clicking a button for instant gratification, there are not even any cons for doing this anymore its all just free bonus for nothing. The limits at the moment are a means of keeping the amount of people with easy mode running around to a minimum and I for one am all in favour for that.

Sounds very convenient coming from a guy that belongs to a kingdom that has 3 champs taking advantage of "easy mode".  How about we just get rid of champions for everyone then...  Oh wait thats nonsense, how about we just make it fair for all the kingdoms.

So many things wrong with that statement lol

If you want to make it personal simply because I have a different opinion you could at least take the time to make sure you know what you're saying haha

But since you mention it sure, can the champs all together because with no downsides anymore its just silly

When I first heard this argument on Epic over a year ago...

The main reason I kept hearing for not having 3 champion slots per kingdom was because you could exploit it by creating a PMK for the champion slots. Then with a strategic alliance you'd control 6 champion slots.

I think that is still a valid point against doing it by kingdom instead of religion.

-1 from me

Edited by Youngsoldier

I guess I missed the part where you get 70 med skill instantly clicking a button and wasn't aware it increased your stats and religion skills, ill look into it thanks.

• Like 1

Champs have to sit there and click buttons to get the requirements just like you did to get SOTG, and SOTG is more game breaking than anything ever put in wurm, and it is permanent with no chance to do anything about it. Hope it gets nerfed to crap and they fix this champ bug. LOL

Whats the cons of SOTG? Maybe I missed something?

Edited by Youngsoldier

Can you sermon for sotg and get ticks everytime you med? But this is just derailing now so im done :)

+1 For this.

I'd also add that instead of 3 make it one per PMK. The Champion for your kingdom (would make champions rare still - which is apparently how they're meant -and probably the main deterrant for this suggestion - yeah i didn't read anything but the first topic.)

To avoid issues with champs offline, maybe more than one player can attain champion status, but only one can have the active effects from being champion at a time, per PMK.

• Like 1