Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 48

Please a choice for random planting next to 'organized' central planting.

• Like 1

Put Brash_Endeavors in charge of mask creation to work with the art team, that first one is hideous and lacks any imagination what-so-ever. Her first attempt blew that ugly bland thing right out of the water. 

Sorry that I was not clear -- I did not make those -- the one here and the ones I posted in Suggestions forum were all ones I found on the internet as examples of the type I would love to see here.

The Wurm art team here is REALLY GOOD and I have no doubt we are in store for some great masks, the first one is likely going to help work out bugs in how they are made and how they get applied to characters. Plus there is something really  C R E E P Y  about the one they are doing first,  I am sure it will have many fans from people who like scary stuff (even if I am not one of those people   :P ).   I am confident we are going to get many masks to suit all tastes, even mine!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Sorry that I was not clear -- I did not make those -- the one here and the ones I posted in Suggestions forum were all ones I found on the internet as examples of the type I would love to see here.

The Wurm art team here is REALLY GOOD and I have no doubt we are in store for some great masks, the first one is likely going to help work out bugs in how they are made and how they get applied to characters. Plus there is something really  C R E E P Y  about the one they are doing first,  I am sure it will have many fans from people who like scary stuff (even if I am not one of those people   :P ).   I am confident we are going to get many masks to suit all tastes, even mine!

I'm sure they want to make sure your nose doesn't poke through the mask or your ears and so on. Texturing will come. :-)

The arche on the bridge is just an example of how much u can arch. There is options. Just because you dont like arched bridges doesnt mean others dont. and you wonder why we are being forced centered trees... make ur bridge straight if you dont like the arch in it.

Just because you dont like arched bridges doesnt mean others dont. and you wonder why we are being forced centered trees...  

Because one or two people complained and now the majority are stuck with the worst of two possible options?

The unfortunate part is, this reinforces the idea that it's best to complain, often and loudly, about almost everything, else someone with authority will give in to whoever is most vocal with some hairbrained scheme at any single particular moment. Instead of sticking with the original vision that was there for a reason.  Trees were randomly placed to look natural, and now there is no way to replant a "wild forest"  without it looking like a minecraft treefarm. 

• Like 3

Playing another game recently where trees are all planted in the same spot on a tile it looks horrible, gives no depth and looks like minecraft in a sense and can tell a noticeable difference between what is natural and what is not.

Not to be ocd but would nice if it was optional.

• Like 3

Just introduce an option to plant random and everyone will be happy. Simple and effective.

Just introduce an option to plant random and everyone will be happy. Simple and effective.

Need more submenus(gotta love submenus for drop)

Masks are fun, but when are we going to get some clothing? and I mean CLOTHING, not armour.

I'd very much like to have a couple skirts, shirts, trousers and shoes to choose from. A hat or a mask doesn't do much when you only have a tunic, a shirt, a pair of pants and some very weird shoes as options, aside from default .. uhm .. erm .. clothes, if they can be named clothes :P

Edited by Evening

Possible solution,

Plant ornamental trees along your road, and let the wilderness repopulate the grass beyond with the random wild trees.  It was stated that only the player planted trees are centered, but the regrowth or spawned trees are still random.  I am fighting to keep the prairie I settled on from the Horde of Maple Spawn attacking nightly.

I prefer orderly tree farms per species in dedicated areas, then let the rest of our terrain do as it wants to.  I just trim the edges a bit.

:) 

PS...Bridges.  Yay!

+1 for the option to plant 'center' or plant 'random.'

We get a lot of fly by night squatters in our area that deforest our sector and then leave it empty for us to replant. I don't want to have to look at perfectly aligned forests that I had no hand in destroying in the first place.

Thank you for the effort and consideration.

Edited by Keroth

remove mounts for the first map and see how ppl like it :>

Edited by Hexproof

edited to make it shorter and 80% less rambly!

Actually I like this one best: USE a wood scrap ON the sprout:

mxadE5t0UBqKmtBtyFXJrPg.jpg

c e n t e r e d   t r e e 

Fast and easy, check. Centers the tree, check. Have to pack the tile to remove the mulch, otherwise trees on that tile are always centered forever and ever. The mulch also allows you to use it on a paved tile.  If you don't use the wood scrap ON the sprout, the tree is not centered or mulched, and is just wild and random as it was in the past. It also gives people a way to use up their 1827533 wood scraps. 

502814093.jpg

r a nd o m   t re e s

d on ' t      l i ne    u p

• Like 3

• Added new action so can plant sprouts in center and naturally.

Yay! Let the forests be natural!

THANK YOU devs for your swift response on player demands. I'm amazed. Really.

I wish Wurm would strictly allocate costs and revenues to the rule-set they were incurred or generated in. This would mean revenues from PvE would not be allowed to fund challenge, epic or any other other PvP thing.

I believe that without PvE Wurm would die. I also believe Wurm would survive if not flourish without PvP.  It's disappointing that Wurm is constantly taking money from PvE in order to try to improve the PvP game.

PvE, don't play on challenge. This is the single more effective thing we can do to show our disappointment in it.

Big Thank you for the new planting options.
We've replanted everything on Waterdeep and I must say, its looking much better!
They are still growing, but its looking like a major improvement.

Central path Oaks north face

GTAlTbi.jpg

Central path Oaks South face (Showing the bugged Grape bushes that look like baby Fir trees in the distance) :P

0Gwy52m.jpg

Cedar

rNsthTk.jpg

Birch

BsTbKWj.jpg

Birch & Cedar Path

GTqZSw3.jpg

Pine

N6xIIBV.jpg

Fir & Pine path

8Nxv7Pz.jpg

Willow

yq8y8C2.jpg

Apple

RYu68K0.jpg

Apple & Olive path

LB6A4kg.jpg

Linden

DxykxIp.jpg

Lemon

MidyDlP.jpg

Lemon & Linden path (Both still quite young)

IrYHZ1l.jpg

Maple

CviAkRc.jpg

Cherry

JBagKVk.jpg

Cherry & Maple path

UsiEWEN.jpg

Walnut

PnGLXpB.jpg

Chestnut

10bFsLv.jpg

Walnut & Chestnut path

rdeH6gn.jpg

Edited by Tuanta

I wish Wurm would strictly allocate costs and revenues to the rule-set they were incurred or generated in. This would mean revenues from PvE would not be allowed to fund challenge, epic or any other other PvP thing.

I believe that without PvE Wurm would die. I also believe Wurm would survive if not flourish without PvP.  It's disappointing that Wurm is constantly taking money from PvE in order to try to improve the PvP game.

PvE, don't play on challenge. This is the single more effective thing we can do to show our disappointment in it.

We need PvP in Wurm regardless if some of us use it or not. The people who use it enjoy it and they have just as much want for a reliable, fun game experience as us "forge slaves" and they do add to the income of CodeClub. That it would survive and/or flourish with or without PvP is really beside the point. If I pretend to believe PvP should go (I said pretend here, folks, because I don't entertain that idea at all), I will have to consider that a good number of subscribers would leave the game and that hurts PvE, not bolsters it. I would also have to consider that we would no longer attract new people who do like PvP and head directly to a PvP server when they join the game because PvE here is not for them at all. When you have a smallish player base overall, you don't sacrafice players. You keep as many as you can keep. So whether you personally like PvP or not, the players who do like it and do play it pay for dev time to continue Wurm Online as a whole.

As to Challenge, the huge drop in population on all other servers yesterday says otherwise. A large amount of the players felt it was worth trying if not staying with. Only time will tell there but Challenge definitely pulled a crowd from all over the game, both PvP and PvE.

EDIT: Don't faint. I did indeed defend PvP. :P

Edited by Audrel