Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 48

I was looking forward to seeing the winner of the Tapestry competition :(

Hello all Creative Wurmians!

The theme is as you might suspect to paint a new Tapestry motif or pattern.

You do not need to focus on anything other than the painting itself, in other words do not paint the painting on a tapestry.

What you want to paint is entirely up to you but we will of course be looking for the most suitable one for the game.

Because the winning contribution will be added to the game!

Competition starts today and we will choose a winner which will be announced in the weekly update 2 weeks from now so week 48.

So make sure your contribution is in at the latest: wednesday 26th of November.

• Like 2

hah to be on the positive side as well, love the bridge image and masks are great idea in general.

Even though i couldnt care less about Challenge, here is the map i would do (I have edited and replaced the resources to be more fair - There are 3 concentrated around the BL forward base where there is only 1 near the MR one).

2jb4dnc.jpg

Uhh, the "Large" Pile is equal distance to JK + MR, so makes sense for the smaller ones to be more accessible by HotS - Even on a brand new server your ego and entitlement complex shines through, hail the glorious mostly err mol rehan!

Yes I love everything else !!!! 

I am excited for more social masks. The first one is creepy but many will love it for that reason. 

I want also some ceramic painted animal masks (stag bear dragon), and silver jeweled (emerald/ruby), and leather masks. Maybe even nature masks made of ivy sprouts and wire+yarn!

0ebf42303751e19497135da412a5aaff.jpg

I am so greedy!!!!! I also want robes! Some that specifically go well with social masks. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 4

I like that planting can be centered now but I would also like the option to plant random when im replanting large forests.

• Like 1

I think I'm in the minority here but I don't like the neatly centered trees! I actually like my deed to try and blend in with the surroundings as naturally as possible and like the randomness of the trees.

Could we have two options so:

-> Plant Random

-> Plant Center

To keep everyone happy?

I'd even go a step further, put the plant options into it's own submenu, then add:

- Plant Random

- Plant Center

- Plant North

- Plant NorthEast

- Plant East

- Plant SouthEast

- Plant South

- Plant SouthWest

- Plant West

- Plant NorthWest

the cardinal directions would be near the edge of the tile, with north being in the middle of the northern edge of the tile, northeast being in the corner, etc. That's probably enough control for everybody, and allows for much more than just center and random.

• Like 9

Nothing good, still lagging, more servers, more dying old servers, okay.

Edited by Blazer

Like the lawn under trees and have wanted that option since lawns but I think there should be a choice of random or centered and one way to make that decision could be to allow planting trees on lawn for the centered look and leave the random for dirt or grass planted trees that way there's a conscious choice for the neat rows

While I love the idea of planted trees being in the middle. I wish there was a choice to plant them randomly, as it was before.

I guess I'll be able to tell where someone deforested an area and where they re-planted. Also, I think enchanting a tree should freeze the current life stage they are at.

Nice work, never-the-less.

I'd even go a step further, put the plant options into it's own submenu, then add:

- Plant Random

- Plant Center

- Plant North

- Plant NorthEast

- Plant East

- Plant SouthEast

- Plant South

- Plant SouthWest

- Plant West

- Plant NorthWest

the cardinal directions would be near the edge of the tile, with north being in the middle of the northern edge of the tile, northeast being in the corner, etc. That's probably enough control for everybody, and allows for much more than just center and random.

Too Much.

I still think that having it random/center planted, and then a "replant" option on mature or younger stages, which simply rotates the sprout through all positions is better. Less UI clutter and achieves the same effect (albeit maybe at a slower pace).

• Like 4

Tree changes are great, but a random option would be fantastic! 

Masks...ohlala what ever will come next ;) 

Centered trees pleases me very much, though I do agree that there needs to be an option - random or center works.  

Ideally the sprout should plant depending on where you are standing on the tile without the need for a page of options. 

Otherwise much awesomeness as usual, lawns under tress are great and very excited for bridges. 

• Like 1

Too Much.

I still think that having it random/center planted, and then a "replant" option on mature or younger stages, which simply rotates the sprout through all positions is better. Less UI clutter and achieves the same effect (albeit maybe at a slower pace).

This is perfect! Do this please!

That challenge map scenario thing is actually still happening?!?

• Like 2

That challenge map scenario thing is actually still happening?!?

Rolf20121210_125518_t.jpg

• Like 1

Well that just made planting my forest 10x harder -_-

An option for random/centered would be nice, otherwise I'll have to cycle the damn trees before I can find out where they plant.

How does destroying bridges (on pvp servers) work?

Can fences/walls be built on top of them to block routes?

challenge is looking fun but I'd love ballistas to be in normal game as they would be fun for large animals pve or players pvp

I was hoping for a release date of Challenge! :D

Edited by Sharkin