Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 48

How many guards are on these pre-set deeds?

I hope they aren't 20-50 per.

Uhh, the "Large" Pile is equal distance to JK + MR, so makes sense for the smaller ones to be more accessible by HotS - Even on a brand new server your ego and entitlement complex shines through, hail the glorious mostly err mol rehan!

That would be called a "legend"

Niiice. Masks.

Eh my only issue with the challenge map is the lack of desert... and fire.

Rolf20121210_125518_t.jpg

Nice picture of Rolf. He looks happy, which makes me happy, since for all the work he has put into Wurm over the years he should get some happy time, even if he is left out in the cold like this.

Anyway, yes trees auto planting now in the center of the tile is a very nice feature. It would also be a good option afforded to plant them randomly as well; but, having planted many 1,000's of trees myself I would not like to see these two options to have to visually choose and click to plant them with either method. This will slow down the planting of them, so it would be best to be able to set this choice and then change it when desired.

Still need a *plant* keybind as well devoted to planting trees/shrubs. A cool feature to make trees into having lawn tiles around them too. Nice naturalist additions already here which could just use a bit of further refinement.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 2

imo the bridge slopes are a bit high. i saw one bridge like the ones from the pic once but it had stairs so you.. umm.. could walk up properly? i love the looks of them anyway

challenge map hots already at a disadvantage, being divided and isolated by water

I think I'm in the minority here but I don't like the neatly centered trees! I actually like my deed to try and blend in with the surroundings as naturally as possible and like the randomness of the trees.

Could we have two options so:

-> Plant Random

-> Plant Center

To keep everyone happy?

I didn't read the whole thing yet but it must suck to be HoTS unless someone forgot to put resource spawns on that little island and already made boats.

Great news, couldn't wait for the shaders to change the ugly dull look of the FSBs and BSBs already, they were a sore to my eyes ..wait! that didn't happened, and BSBs didn't get a bottom either, darn it, what a dream though!

• Like 1

They did say that the trees will replant themselves in a random fashion so if you are reforesting an area you would just need to wait for the trees to mature and die off and the forest would start becoming random once more...

Is there a limit on how long or short of bridges you can make?

And if so will ships be able to sail under a 4 tiles bridge ?

What about adding a 1 tille building dead centre? on the bridge , can you use bridge  support or must you raise dirt to build on?

Any plans to add decay look for bridges?

Maybe even have a suspension type look ?

Side Note Devs:

I really..I mean really, like the new textures on bulk storage bins and food storage bins...very nice

• Like 3

Here we are still pushing thru a concept that the majority of the playerbase has voted we do not want...  And we are reusing old content like Hota...  Oh and lets stick Hots on an island...

I like 

- trees center of tile!

- masks, more variations please! I'd especially like to see versions that are NOT combat inspired. A clown mask anyone?

I dislike

- Challenge....total waste of development time.

• Like 1

I don't think hots are at that much of a disadvantage. your better at boat pvp (you're on your own island) players would have to come by boat. Your light is near where most would start i would suspect. which would give you priests faster, where in your priests are probably the toughest pvp priest. That and your forward base is located near 3 major resource areas.

Edit: Looks like MR will have to make their own steppe. 

edit to add more and to avoid more posts. I would think the best place for the WL would be on the island with the northern most large resource. If you have to put it on an island. I'd say the NE point of it opposite of the resource.

Edited by Aetherion

When you plant a sprout it will now always be in the center of a tile.

The reason and thought behind this is that when planting, you can now do it neatly and organized way.

So if you for example want to create a nice alley of trees in a perfect row leading up to your deed, you can do that now.

Neat rows of grape bushes outside your winery? No problem.

All trees does still replant themselves in the same random fashion as now however.

Woooooo! Awesome

no mycelium on that map?  will it take long to spread?

a single rite of death spell and some altars. ;)

Is there a limit on how long or short of bridges you can make?

The wiki hasn't been updated since october, but it does say You wave at <Player>. This gives the impression that bridges can't be very long

I was extremely excited for Challange and I honestly feel let down now....

something that before felt like a new original different idea now feels like you have made a new map and basically added a few bases and resource spawns.... what really does that improve?

Remove Kingdoms

Remove HotA

Have VILLAGES or ALLIANCES fight for control over resource spots...

Make it worth it or scrap the idea because what you have just posted is disappointing

Only decent thing is the map is cool

IMO, a small, resource-based map like the Challenge one is better with preset kingdoms, whereas a bigger map like Chaos would be better without them, with alliances holding sovereignty.

They did say that the trees will replant themselves in a random fashion so if you are reforesting an area you would just need to wait for the trees to mature and die off and the forest would start becoming random once more...

Nope, trees don't "die" within Wurm, they recycle their growth pattern going from the *shriveled* stage to *young* and then repeat their growth cycle again. I believe the *random* pattern referred to will be when they replant themselves on tiles without any trees on them. It would not make much sense to be able to plant trees in nicely centered rows only to later have them grow *into* random patterns again.

=Ayes=

a single rite of death spell and some altars. ;)

Ok, but more clarification about priesting on this new server would go a long way.

Yeah, +1 to an option for randomized planting.

Like Abraham Lincoln said, you can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but god help you if you're going to so much as change the gardening mechanics in that Wurm game.