Sign in to follow this  
Tiu

Balustrade (Ornate Marble Fence)

Whilst stone fences look better than small walls, and iron fences provide a semi ornate feel (but a somewhat industrial feel as well), I believe a truly ornate fence is currently missing from Wurm.

My suggestion is to introduce the Balustrade, or in Wurm nomenclature "ornate marble fence".

WyalZxe.png

This would look good, give another use for marble and if Battlepaw's archived suggestion was ever implemented http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/85018-suggestion-for-the-art-team-more-brick-house-wall-types/, could be used alongside marble house walls and pillars for a greco-roman feel to houses and deeds.

Edited by Tiu
  • Like 11

would compliment the pillars, otherwise those bright white columns have no companion

• Like 2

+1, I won't be able to build these as a fo priest but I would DEFINITELY pay someone to set them up for me around my cottage!

Nice idea yes but since they would match nothing in game and look totally out of place currently, nope.

=Ayes=

Hey all. I'd like to give some new life to this suggestion. I think it's a very good idea, for multi-level buildings and now especially after the addition of staircases. It was very common in older buildings to have a balustrade around the stairwell opening on higher level floors, for both safety and aesthetic reasons.

However, the original suggestion was too limited. While marble would indeed work well for marble stairwells, and for exterior décor as well, there really is a need for balustrades that match all the wall types currently in game.

Always up for more marble uses.

And busts. Big busts... the marble kind, you pervs :P

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:33 PM, Klaa said:

Always up for more marble uses.

And busts. Big busts... the marble kind, you pervs :P

hahaha, your a bad bad man lol.

+1 we need some kind of balustrade for wurm.