Sign in to follow this  
Judicator

Challenge

Even if challenge gets reset every month, we need a long term investment/goal. I suggest some sort of battlerank that gets recorded, a webpage with rankings who won which episode of the challenge server. Can be a top 10 based on k/d ratio, battlerank, which players were in the kingdom that controlled all the land, or whatever, just something to remember which players won pvp each reset. Resets with no consequences are very hollow when it comes to long term motivation and gameplay.

• Like 6

They already have said it will have a ranking system but i am not sure if that was for every challenge or what without going back to look and even then i am not sure they said either way.  

They said that it will initially be one month without a premium requirement as a test. I interpret this as meaning that each scenario in the future could be longer or shorter, and that premium will likely be required as well (but we all know how these patch notes and developer confirmations work in terms of detail).

I for one think that a single month is much too short for all future scenarios, but if this server is as fast as they claim, then more than a few months could turn it against the general idea of fresh starts. A group of 15 people can build a large, extremely well defended deed in under two weeks if they know what they are doing, and this new server seems to push the idea of faster paced game play with improved (and thus more frequent) raids.

I think rank is really hit or miss. People either care or they don't. The real motivation is to make PvP fun and rewarding, not a meaningless scoreboard.

• Like 1

Hopefully there will be no kingdoms and there can be like a village leader board or something?

• Like 1

Hopefully there will be no kingdoms and there can be like a village leader board or something?

Alliance wars would sound cool if the current concept could be tweaked a bit. I'm not sure what their plans were with kingdom titles, but alliance wars would definitely throw it off. I can't justify buying a PMK for a gold when it's going to be gone in a month or two and raiding is supposed to be easier.

There could be rewards that you can bring with you to the next scenario to give a slight edge in the beginning? Or just cosmetic things, like cloaks, emblems, neckalces or titles so other players will recognize high rank players from the previous scenario?

Electric Boogaloo 2: Epic reborn

Will fail in all the same ways and the regular servers will receive even more restrictions because Rolf doesn't know how to separate the code segments- Spaghetti 4ever <3

The rewards for winning should apply to epic / freedom. That'll give people a reason to participate.

Maybe something like seryll as a reward for participants in certain events? Im sure that will drag a few less eager to pvp people over :)

The rewards for winning should apply to epic / freedom. That'll give people a reason to participate.

And resource control rewards, to promote teamplay and not just k/d, this isn't CoD.