Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Loyalty system punishment.

I agree the email should be reworded a bit, but I let my prem time lapse BEFORE I got that email.

"You have been premium a total of 11 since Dec 2013."

"You have been premium consecutively for 2 months since Dec 2013."

As you see, I let my prem time lapse about two months ago, but I got that email five days ago.

Take your punishment, you disloyal dog!

Kidding aside, aye not having a grace period sucks. Though it can be tricky deciding where to place the cutoff line.

You posted a part of the email.

Read it back, and thoroughly. The email says that:

*The premium time on your Wurm Online account is about to expire. This means that you'll fall out of our long-term customer reward program. Wouldn't that be sad?

If it was counting total premium time, there would be no reason to send you that "warning" email about how you shouldn't let your time lapse.

Im not seeing whot punishment you got? All i c is you dont get a reward

• Like 1

Im not seeing any real arguments against why it should not be total premium time. All I see are people saying "Just deal with it" witch makes me wonder what their motivation really is in posting here. I suspect these people own said objects and dont want their value decreased. tsk tsk so greedy.

Should be total. Anyone have any real arguments as to why it shouldnt?

• Like 3

This is totally fair, it rewards players who show their loyalty by paying for more in advance. If you're playing premium month by month, letting it get close every time, you aren't showing your dedication :D

Edited by Steeloxide
  • Like 1

The only thing I don't like about the system is there is not "safety grace period" which I've seen in other games to protect those who are away when prem lapses.

This seems to be the closest thing to an actual argument so here goes nothing:

Perhaps they are showing even more loyalty as they have to go through even more work to keep their sub going.

Having your sub paid in advance only shows that you are more succesfull at life, or that you have verry nice parents. Doesnt really say much though because you could always sell your account and get your money back.

Money doesnt really equate to loyalty if you can take your money back at any time.

The guy "playing premium month by month" is more loyal in my opinion, even if he lapses.

Maybe the wording of the name of the program is just wrong. Should be "Faithfull" program instead of "Loyalty" program in that case.

Or look at it this way:

2 guys rage quit. One guy had paid for 1 year, the other guy was just paying by the month.

Who was more of an asset to Wurm financially (and thereafter to the development of the game)? The guy that left Rolf with 8 month's worth of premium time that he's not going to use.

Just because you're going to the shop every month doesn't mean you're more loyal to Rolf/Wurm. It means you either can't afford to buy large allotments of time at once, you like wasting finger energy by having to click/type through the shop every month, or you're skeptical about the future of the game itself or your own future within it, and are looking to minimize your losses when you do finally leave.

You're totally right when you say that advanced premium purchases are a sign of being faithful, but having faith in the game's future, and your own within it, shows some "loyalty" towards Rolf's product.

The only thing I don't like about the system is there is not "safety grace period" which I've seen in other games to protect those who are away when prem lapses.

OP brought that up too and I agree.  3-5 days would be fair, imo.

Edited by As_I_Decay

I safety grace period sounds like a good idea, maybe let it depend on how many consecutive months of premium you've build up. Say 1-2 days grace period for each month?

Or make it depend on the biggest premium package you bought during these consecutive months? For example if you bought 1 year of premium then the grace period could be a month, but if you bought the premium 1 month at a time then you only get a few days of grace period. This would further reward buying the bigger packages.

Why blame the system, when it was you, who forgot to keep prem going. No matter, how you alter the system, there will still be people, who will forget, make mistakes etc..

TRUE BELIEVERS...the OLD GUARD sort of folks...do not let their

subs lapse.  

"YOU HAVE FAILED!  GOOD DAY, SIR!!"  *SLAM!* [crash..tinkle tinkle]

[/willy wonka]

The worst part is the counter starting only after you claim the pre-2013 reward, so if at this point you have paid for 2 years lets say on nov 2013, but not, for whatever reason, claimed the reward from the token until jun-2014 you are not eligible for a spyglass despite the fact you are a more than loyal costumer.

• Like 3

The worst part is the counter starting only after you claim the pre-2013 reward, so if at this point you have paid for 2 years lets say on nov 2013, but not, for whatever reason, claimed the reward from the token until jun-2014 you are not eligible for a spyglass despite the fact you are a more than loyal costumer.

That is true, and we intentionally didn't claim the reward on some of our toons, knowing that we started playing 1 month too late for anything good, so potions, easter egg, and possible seryll lump was better left unclaimed as the lumps would be hit by monthly decay if BSBed, and carrying that extra weight around until one day deciding what to do with it, didn't seem necessary.

Characters who start playing after Dec 13 don't have anything to claim, but if you don't do it, the play time timers don't start. And there is no info anywhere telling you to go check that token if you weren't playing when the first rewards were given out.

Luckily for me, I have misclicked on reimburse on most of my characters, but my husband didn't do it until the news of the spyglass, and he has 0 and 1 months consecutive and total months played on characters that have been premium for the last 12 months. No titles and no potions ever received. Buying 12 months premium at a time doesn't let you lapse, but it doesn't reward your "loyalty" either. 

One of the issues I have is that a Sub Month is 30 days and a calender month is often 31 days. I bought premium on my pay day so the next month my prem  have expired a day before my

next pay check.

I think the fair way to calculate this is to see if you have bought 12 prem subs in 12 calendar months. So the months where you are a day short because of your pay check

it does not nullify your consecutive prem months.

I don't see this as a punishment as the OP does because it is something extra that Rolf doesn't have to give us much like Christmas presents. Its just a nice gesture on his part. I sometimes forget or just put it off until it expires while i watch the orange message in even reminding me my prem will expire today. Sometimes I might take a break for a month or so and prem runs out before i play again, although most of the time I am prem even when i am not playing. I recently just came back after a bit over a month away due to injuring my hands and not able to even use a PC. Think this time it expired a day or two before i was able to use PC again.

So if its total or consecutive it wont change the way I pay because im still gonna just do my thing. Now if I had to choose I would rather see it as total months premium because if someone still pays a total of 12 months even if it takes 18 months to do so that person still contributed the same amount as the "Loyal" customer did to receive that gift albeit a bit longer. If someone new started playing and earned their 12 month gift and stopped playing they would actually be less loyal than lets say a person who might miss a month or so premium here and there but continues to play.

I kinda liked the way SWG did their Veteran rewards and it was the first thing to pop in my mind when Rolf added it here. If remember correctly  it was every 3 months you got something and it was based on total subscription time so even new players starting out years later was able to receive the same rewards and was no biggie if they didn't sub as their time would pick back up when they subbed again.

You usually got to choose between like 2 or sometimes more items. New players could go to the wiki and look at rewards older players got. If you saw anything on the list you really wanted it gave a goal to try and keep subbed for. It was pretty much always just some decorative item but was cool to get since this was the only way to get that item.

I also never play non premium because I refuse to lose skill gain from a action on main toon. So the following is all prem time. While my consecutive time is 0 I still feel kinda like a loyal player.

[23:57:26] You have played 604 days, 13 hours and 21 minutes.
[23:57:26] You have been premium a total of 55 months until Dec 2013.
[23:57:26] You have been premium a total of 9 since Dec 2013.
[23:57:26] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Dec 2013.

[08:41:32] You have played 270 days, 13 hours and 30 minutes.
[08:41:32] You have been premium a total of 41 months until Dec 2013.
[08:41:32] You have been premium a total of 3 since Dec 2013.
[08:41:32] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Dec 2013.

[08:45:05] You have played 80 days, 22 hours and 20 minutes.
[08:45:05] You have been premium a total of 8 months until Dec 2013.
[08:45:05] You have been premium a total of 4 since Dec 2013.
[08:45:05] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Dec 2013.

[08:40:06] You have played 102 days, 18 hours and 24 minutes.(havent paid prem on this one since before Dec 2013 and havent claimed rewards on it yet so it doesnt show data)

• Like 2

I'm one of those who didn't claim my rewards until about mid-January or maybe even more toward the end of January. Had I known 11 months later that I would become disloyal by not immediately dashing to grab them, I most certainly would have.

But really, as long as the person pays in a month, who really cares. The epeen measuring contests here are funny sometimes. *sharpens hatchet*

EDIT: Technically, the only way in which it fails to be a consecutive month is when one fails to pay premium within a calendar month. It's good enough for the IRS when it comes retirement time, ie you must have worked X consecutive quarters while having a week between jobs during a change does not reset your clock.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

I don't see the problem with it just being total premium time instead of consecutive. Like someone else pointed out, what's a good reason for not having it be so? Majority of other games are set up that way and it works out. But, that's my opinion.

I played for a long time before the reward system so it is hard to complain about free.  Having said that; an email reminder would be nice when rl interferes with the world, or a discount on yearly subscription would make it easier to be loyal. 

• Like 1

I actually do get an email approximately 1 week before my premium time runs out. It tells me "that would be sad" or something. LOL

As far as I know, it already counts total months not consecutive.

For instance:

[15:44:58] You have been premium a total of 9 months until Dec 2013.

It does not state consecutive here.

My main account ran out of prem for a few hours during the summer. I repremmed and received my spyglass gift a few days ago.

yo everybody, wait a moment. Y'all talking about a loyalty program, what loyalty program? you don't mean the useless yellow potions i get every month? or that coming spy glass? this is probably the worst loyalty program in all the mmos i used to play imho... when i feel like playing wurm i pay for. I will never ever pay premium just to get some more potions or a spy glass or a title that does not do anything.. so since those items are so freaking gamebreaking /sarcasm off... they should really do it total premium and not the way it is now..

Easy fix.. stop giving gifts (that are usually just old , anyway).

We pay for the game. Extras are exactly that. 

You have to choose to invest in advance, or not to care at all.

I'm lucky in that I don't care. Your spyglasses and titles have no meaning to me. If your product's quality starts to tank, I will lapse more often for longer.

I can't be bought by trinkets. I threw them on the ground! I ain't going to be part of your system.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 2

Lol my premium time hasn't expired at all since the introduction of the loyalty system but from the looks of it a bug'll make me lose out on the reward anyway. Oh well.