Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Promotion with YogsCast (close please)

There was a new video out by the Yogscast today talking about getting ready to do their christmas livestreams that raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for charities and they are taking on game developers to promote their games. I suggest that maybe Rolf and team at least email them and maybe see what they have planned it might bring in a lot of new players. (might be a good time to show off the new challenge server) 

contact@yogscast.com

Here is the video link starting around the time they talk about taking on games for promotions. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awVbI78rvHQ#t=159

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Could be interesting to do any promotion since Challenge might be easier/faster to get into pvp.

• Like 1

Well it is for charity so any money Rolf would have to pay could be used as a tax write off if their tax laws work anything like ours with charitable contributions.

Could be interesting to do any promotion since Challenge might be easier/faster to get into pvp.

Yea lets rush challenge for christmas and let the yogcast promote a halffinished product! :D

Epic 2.0 afterall, right? lol

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

Well it is already scheduled to be open on the 10th so i can't imagine how that would matter any. 

Well they have 7 million subscribers so i think it would bring in a lot of new players Bashur only had like 750k and his one video made us see the highest population i have ever seen in the game so imagine what 10x that amount of viewers would do.  They are also streaming it all so if they were to do something on there you would have all the streamers too but i don't know how that all works.

I think it would be worth an email to see and if i was Rolf i know i would give it some thought anyway. 

Edited by Kegan

Not sure they have the best demographic, and i can see Simon mostly making fun of it anyway.

Does Rolf care what demographic they have? There has been people here that have played the game since they were 13-14 years old so not sure it matters anyway and i also watch the Yogscast at 43 so i don't think it is as bad as you think it might be. Most people that play minecraft like building things so i think it would be a great place to promote Wurm and if it was on the challenge server it would be at a faster pace anyway so it would not be as bad to film.   

Edited by Kegan

Promotions are all well and good, but I think it's best to steer well clear from Yogscast and their kind.

This can be closed now i am sure the developers have seen it by now and will do what they want with the information but in the end the Yogscast viewers are gamers and that is all that matters. Not everyone even playing here likes to play the same way so to say you don't want "their kind" here is to say you don't want gamers here and i think the game developers would disagree with you. 

Anyway i am requesting this be locked now..thanks