Sign in to follow this  
Throndr

Wurm Nvidia Shield Tablet

Hey!

Any with high tech skill that can give me a way of opening Wurm on my android tablet? Best option would be a way to run the game itself on the tablet (on lowest settings if needed), but I'm also open to a way to actually control my char thru my home computer. I can open the game thu remote desktop, but couldn't walk or turn around...

There are some apps out there that can allow you to control your computer. Not sure which is best, but I have seen people use their ipad to display their pc and use the app to control it. It works for Wurm to a degree, but nothing too serious though cause it is very difficult to control. Things like skilling up mining or farming is ok though.

LogMeIn use to be popular until they stopped free trials. Atm the best remote desktop freeware I know of is Teamviewer as far as ease of use goes. Even has versions for nonWindows and various mobile platforms. Even have one on my kindle.

Not sure about the Nvidia Shield, haven't played with one.

PhoneME only supports the J2ME mobile edition of Java. It's a reduced subset of Java with some additional APIs for mobile devices.

Wurm also uses native libraries for OpenGL which are not available for Android devices.

The mobile devices are usually tailored for low power consumption and do not reach the performance required to run Wurm.