Sign in to follow this  
Rosie

New spell to summon a water source

There's nothing more frustrating than building a deed and locating a single water source in a ridiculous place.

And before you say it, sometimes it's not practical to plan your deed around a water source!

So... I propose a new spell. Call it Spring or Flood or whatever (open to ideas on the name lol) and have a priest (probably Fo since it's nature-y but I'm not against it being given it to all priests). 

The idea would be to stand on the tile you want the water source on, cast the spell and voila! You have summoned water. Magic.

To make it harder you could say that instead of spawning a natural spring, it would draw the water from another source (which could become a problem if you want more than one of course) and how much closer the water would draw nearer would depend on the strength of your cast, so it may have to be cast several times. 

Thoughts? ^^

Edit: To combat the possibility of griefing by "stealing" someone's water source, either forget the idea of drawing it from another source and just spawn one (a bit like the Dirt spell spawns dirt...) OR have it so you can only cast it on your own deed?

Edit2: Another idea is to be able to enchant a fountain instead of enchanting a tile :) I think I prefer that one...

Edited by Rosie
  • Like 26

+1 Building a war deed and having the fountain on the dirt wall is a slight pain! :D

• Like 1

If your deed is close to the sea you will never run out of water cause you can even make a cave and use it as a well other than going to the sea to fill up. When you decide to use an inland deed especially one on top of mountains you have other benefits like extra safety and lots of rock. For that amenities, you have to sacrifice the accessibility of some others. One of them is water. So -1. We can't have everything given to us in a survival game.

Instead of messing with actual water sources and such, why not make this an enchantment you can cast on a well or fountain that makes it "magical"?

Vynora would make more sense, since her thing is water - so I'll use that as an example.
Vynora Priest casts "Magic Spring" (better name would be better) on a fountain or well that's been built.

The enchantment's power (which can be improved like any other enchantment) would determine how fast the water flows into the container. Since this is magic, let's say a cast of 50 would be a normal water tile and anything above would just be a buffer for the next part of the idea.

The enchantment's power would wear down over usage and time. If the fountain is drained heavily, the enchant would wear down faster requiring a recast eventually.

And since Black Lighters might get offended that the goodie-goodies get all the goodies...

Libila priests might get a spell that taints the fountain? Maybe just put that onto corruption. :)

• Like 9

Pottery/lead pipes would be better, although a spell to create water (and I mean a lot of it) would also be good.

• Like 3

Instead of messing with actual water sources and such, why not make this an enchantment you can cast on a well or fountain that makes it "magical"?

Vynora would make more sense, since her thing is water - so I'll use that as an example.

Vynora Priest casts "Magic Spring" (better name would be better) on a fountain or well that's been built.

The enchantment's power (which can be improved like any other enchantment) would determine how fast the water flows into the container. Since this is magic, let's say a cast of 50 would be a normal water tile and anything above would just be a buffer for the next part of the idea.

The enchantment's power would wear down over usage and time. If the fountain is drained heavily, the enchant would wear down faster requiring a recast eventually.

And since Black Lighters might get offended that the goodie-goodies get all the goodies...

Libila priests might get a spell that taints the fountain? Maybe just put that onto corruption. :)

Maybe a Fo/Vyn spell, being they are the nature and water gods.

Cast on a fountain on ANY tile and it fills with water for X hours/days

they had it working for a bit

you could cast courier on a fountain to make it a wishing well and it would fill up with water

but they disabled it for some reason

but that was the perfect solution already

BRING IT BACK!!

• Like 7

idk about a spell, enchant or whatever.

but i would like to be able to transfer water by carrying it in barrels etc to an area that is dug out or built up with slabs to hold the water like a well or fountain

coz where else you gonna plant rice? dig all the way down or go live by ocean i suppose.

• Like 1

idk about a spell, enchant or whatever.

but i would like to be able to transfer water by carrying it in barrels etc to an area that is dug out or built up with slabs to hold the water like a well or fountain

coz where else you gonna plant rice? dig all the way down or go live by ocean i suppose.

There are lakes, at least on Xanadu.

Pottery/lead pipes would be better, although a spell to create water (and I mean a lot of it) would also be good.

Came into this thread to say this.

One spell filling whole container. (whatever it is, a fountain or a water skin)

• Like 2

+1 for some time of water spell.  Votes for Fo too, because i have one. :)

We have more than enough dependence on damn priest in this game. But as a mountaineer, big +1 for a way to have water in a tile you really want and not in some randomtile usually in worst location posible.

+1

living on a mountain and finding the only watertile in the only reasonable buildable area would end up being in someones house sucks

• Like 1

I'd be more in favor of a spell like dirt (but called 'water' obviously) that would chuck 50kg of water in to the targeted container rather than the creation of a water source. Also, the dirt spell could be buffed a little while we're at it. Perhaps not 50 dirts, but 20 or so would be preferable!

• Like 4

I'd be more in favor of a spell like dirt (but called 'water' obviously) that would chuck 50kg of water in to the targeted container rather than the creation of a water source. Also, the dirt spell could be buffed a little while we're at it. Perhaps not 50 dirts, but 20 or so would be preferable!

Personally I would find this useless because of the time it would probably take to cast the spell, i could have drove my wagon the 75 odd tiles to the watering hole, filled my barrels up and drove back.

I'd rather be able to 'enchant' a tile with water or to draw water up to a fountain to fill ( aka the cast on the fountain to enchant it ) than anything else.   Would be especially nice if this also works inside mines as well.

As far as the PvP aspect, the enchant is on the fountain, that fountain can be looted, so both sides would be able to enjoy the benefits of this type of enchant albeit one would have to raid the other, or buy their fountains from PvE servers ( or other sources )

• Like 2

There are lakes, at least on Xanadu.

sure.

but what do you do when the all the shore lines are deeded (not saying they are, but for sake of argument}

where would you then grow rice and kelp?

i like the aqueduct idea, but as i understand it water in this game has one level and one level only beings this game is a 2d map, no water falls or rivers, unless of course you dredge out a river, but if you live up high you would still have to get down to the water level to access.

minecraft may have made it too easy to create with water at higher levels of elevation, but why couldnt they allow how its done there to  be done the same here?

Edited by Wizlawz

As far as the PvP aspect, the enchant is on the fountain, that fountain can be looted, so both sides would be able to enjoy the benefits of this type of enchant albeit one would have to raid the other, or buy their fountains from PvE servers ( or other sources )

Wait why would it not be castable on PvP servers? Who said that? O_o

If the enchant is on the fountain itself then it wouldn't be a problem, it was only if the spell was on a tile and we went with the "draws a source away from another tile" idea. 

I like the idea of casts on the fountain/well/whatever itself c:

• Like 1

I don't see why not.

But I didn't realise this was a problem, you can mine down to water anywhere.

I don't see why not.

But I didn't realise this was a problem, you can mine down to water anywhere.

i would guess it depends on how high up you are building as to how far down you will have to go for the water