Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Player Auctions Poll

Player Auctions v2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do business on player auctions?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. (If you voted no) Why?

• Do not trust it security-wise.
    • Do not like the cut it takes off the payment.
    • Do not like the site itself and what goes on there.
    • Other
    • I voted yes and needed to vote on something. Potato.
  3. 3. What is your overall opinion of the site?

• Positive
    • Negative
    • Don't mind it.

Last time i was called a vocal minority was playing SWG Pre-CU.... One mans stubbornness destroyed that game as well.

• Like 1

especially since they were bought out by a couple people hoping to make a quick buck off them.  And you are twisting that to sound like "most people want this except a vocal minority."  So now Wurm community is taught -- you have to hoard and engage in economic PvP or you will be left out. 

I did not like Player Auctions before and I like it less now.  For me, that green capped gnome will now always represent the worst part of what PA has to offer the Wurm community. No thank you, at this stage I wouldn't buy one to show support for the game even if it literally were free.

Hard to say really. On the one hand, there is a vocal minority against it on principle, but many seemed to have spoken with their wallets, with over 200 item sales sold out within a few days. 

Each community is different. We appreciate the passion and conviction. A little disappointing however in some of the assumptions being made, and a bit of rumor mongering. 

For example, the unfounded fear that partnering with PA will create a game full of farmers? Unless gold farming operations relocated to the US, Canada, AUS, UK, and EU, which is where 90% of our users come from), that just isn't the case.  ;) The majority of our users wouldn't fit in the 'pay to win' category either. Rather, they are older gamers (bear in mind that MMO's have been around for 10+ years, and gamer audiences are aging) who are poor in time as a resource, and simply make a purchase here or there to be able to keep up in game with their friends. I had posted elsewhere some metrics of our demographics, but I think that was largely ignored.  :ph34r:

Perhaps I'll post some metrics/data on the sales that happened recently if Rolf is okay with it, people can see for themselves the 'proof of concept'.The platform works, there are plenty of people to attest to it.

I don't understand your concept of "vocal minority".....To date there have been 200+ votes, 89% against wanting to have wurm associated with you. Have you ever even logged into the game. At any given time there may be 800-1200 people on total and many many of those are alts. We all know that. That puts as low as 10% to possibly as high as 25% of the active player base has voted against you, and you say that is a vocal minority. This poll also only shows what the thoughts are of those that visit the forums, I would say that a majority of players don't even visit the forums. You educate the people in game on what is going on in these topics, then put a poll in game and I would dare say that the "vocal minority" grows into the "very vocal majority!"

Since the gnomes and the Silver Rolf put up, not much going on for listings.

If this was intended to really take off it would have by now, considering there are currently a few higher priced accounts for sale and the same as usual items selling via the forums for 1g+

http://www.playerauctions.com/wurm-online-items/ . seems the same items listed a week or two ago, when all the dust clears Rolf will have sold his stuff ( which he could have easily on his shop ) and we'll get back to normal here and PA can continue making a safe haven for farmers and hackers as they always have.

Since the gnomes and the Silver Rolf put up, not much going on for listings.

• Like 1

I said no for a few reasons, not least of which is that it is much more hassle and expense than the current method of trading!

I have bought/sold more accounts and other high-value stuff than probably most people realise (admittedly not so much the last few years) and every time I believed absolutely that the Wurm team would (rightly) support me in NO WAY WHATSOEVER if things went wrong.  For this reason I took many reasonable precautions, nothing at all excessive or unusual IMHO, and I have never had anything but a smooth trade in accounts, scale, drake, farwalkers, etc, etc.  Probably the main precaution I take that some folks don't is that I have turned down offers from people I was not 100% comfortable with.

The fact that the current system is apparently a 'burden' on the GM team is a mystery to me, since everything I see says clearly that the team will NOT support people in doing trades.  If we stick to that then surely the current system remains easy, cheap, and effective.

• Like 1