Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Player Auctions Poll

Player Auctions v2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do business on player auctions?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. (If you voted no) Why?

• Do not trust it security-wise.
    • Do not like the cut it takes off the payment.
    • Do not like the site itself and what goes on there.
    • Other
    • I voted yes and needed to vote on something. Potato.
  3. 3. What is your overall opinion of the site?

• Positive
    • Negative
    • Don't mind it.

Edited: he had a decent reply to the issue in the city hall thread, and I'm going to assume by now he's looked at the results here... Player auctions knows they're not popular ;P

Edited by Radni

That reply was more of a "like, whatevs, guys" >=(

What reply? Rolf's?

*shrugs*
Seemed like a weird thing to introduce since research would've shown that most people weren't interested in it.

Me? I don't mind it, tbh I don't care a single bit neither for nor about it. I'm just never going to use it.

So i've been reading a bit on this.

From what i understand:

If the buyer does NOT approve of the delivery, the seller wont get his/her money?

In wurm it is very easy to make scams that way, right? I could in theory buy something, receive it but never actually confirm that i received the item. As there are no rules to such things happening in wurm the seller is completely vulnerable to being scammed. Or the seller must first approve the delivery and then the item will be sent by the buyer?

So i've been reading a bit on this.

From what i understand:

If the buyer does NOT approve of the delivery, the seller wont get his/her money?

In wurm it is very easy to make scams that way, right? I could in theory buy something, receive it but never actually confirm that i received the item. As there are no rules to such things happening in wurm the seller is completely vulnerable to being scammed. Or the seller must first approve the delivery and then the item will be sent by the buyer?

Both the buyer and the seller have to confirm the delivery.

The buyers money is held by PA until the transaction is confirmed completed, so if you did this and the seller provided evidence he delivered, he would still get paid.

The buyers money is held by PA until the transaction is confirmed completed, so if you did this and the seller provided evidence he delivered, he would still get paid.

But what if the buyer does not confirm the delivery?

But what if the buyer does not confirm the delivery?

The buyers money is held by PA until the transaction is confirmed completed, so if you did this(buyer did not confirm delivery) and the seller provided evidence he delivered, he(the seller) would still get paid.

*shrugs*

Seemed like a weird thing to introduce since research would've shown that most people weren't interested in it.

Me? I don't mind it, tbh I don't care a single bit neither for nor about it. I'm just never going to use it.

Edited by PlayerAuctions

You are not helping your cause any by gloating about Rolf putting up 200 exclusive item that were sold out that you could only get from your store. If they were offered on both wurm's site and yours you would have had no sales. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 6

You are not helping your cause any by gloating about Rolf putting up 200 exclusive item that were sold out that you can only get from your store. If they were offered on both wurms site and yours you would have had no sales. 

• Like 1

It wouldn't matter if 1 person bought all 200 items or 200 people bought 1 item each. It was the only place you could get limited edition items that will resell in a year for 10 times what they paid for it. Toss $100 bills out your window and a crowd will gather to catch those too.

• Like 5

It wouldn't matter if 1 person bought all 200 items or 200 people bought 1 item each. It was the only place you could get limited edition items that will resell in a year for 10 times what they paid for it. Toss $100 bills out your window and a crowd will gather to catch those too.

• Like 3

We will need a poll to know what people thinks about the window, and if the crowd will gather under it.

• Like 1

We will need a poll to know what people thinks about the window, and if the crowd will gather under it.

• Like 2

Hard to say really. On the one hand, there is a vocal minority against it on principle, but many seemed to have spoken with their wallets, with over 200 item sales sold out within a few days.

That's not a good example because he could've put those items up for sale on the shop site just as easily and people would've chosen that alternative over the introduction of a third party site in a heartbeat. That they sold wasn't because people fulfilled their deep desire of using the third party site, it was because they were excusive to that site because of a decision Rolf had made for them.

Rolf could've put cosmetic items up for sale on the Shop site years ago and they would've sold. He just never did.

• Like 7

You are not helping your cause any by gloating about Rolf putting up 200 exclusive item that were sold out that you could only get from your store. If they were offered on both wurm's site and yours you would have had no sales. 

The 10 gold sold out too, at around the same price people offer it on the forums.

The 10 gold sold out too, at around the same price people offer it on the forums.

Well once you took the risk to get the gnome then sure you just as well pick up the cheaper priced gold while you were there. In the same token as the exclusive gnomes though if the gold was put on sale in the Wurm shop at the same time then they would not have sold anything...imo

Edit: If Rolf keeps putting cheap gold and exclusive items up there then fine but it is not really doing anything for the game that Rolf could not have done himself with his own store. So until i see something that shows me that PA is doing something to help the game then i will remain sceptical.  (not about them being untrustworthy but that they can help bring in more players to the game) 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Hard to say really. On the one hand, there is a vocal minority against it on principle, but many seemed to have spoken with their wallets, with over 200 item sales sold out within a few days. 

Each community is different. We appreciate the passion and conviction. A little disappointing however in some of the assumptions being made, and a bit of rumor mongering. 

For example, the unfounded fear that partnering with PA will create a game full of farmers? Unless gold farming operations relocated to the US, Canada, AUS, UK, and EU, which is where 90% of our users come from), that just isn't the case.  ;) The majority of our users wouldn't fit in the 'pay to win' category either. Rather, they are older gamers (bear in mind that MMO's have been around for 10+ years, and gamer audiences are aging) who are poor in time as a resource, and simply make a purchase here or there to be able to keep up in game with their friends. I had posted elsewhere some metrics of our demographics, but I think that was largely ignored.  :ph34r:

Perhaps I'll post some metrics/data on the sales that happened recently if Rolf is okay with it, people can see for themselves the 'proof of concept'.The platform works, there are plenty of people to attest to it.

The vocal minority? Is that what you call the 179 out of of 201 voters in this poll so far? Statements like that makes it a bit hard to trust your interpretation of numbers, such as implying that just a minority on your site is from typical gold farming locations?

And if I had to read anything into your numbers, it doesn't take more than 10% of "gold farming" users to supply the 90% gamers who "simply make a purchase here or there to be able to keep up in game with their friends". It wouldn't take more than 10% of non gold farming sellers either, so I am not saying that the sellers are gold farmers. I am just saying your numbers can be interpreted in many ways :)

• Like 2

I have a feeling while yes the gnomes sold out, a major portion of sales was bulk not 200 people buying one gnome each, more like a few orders of 10-40

"A very vocal minority".

PA, I've seen those exact words used several times in the MMO industry.  It's short for "shut up, I don't give a damn about what you're saying, now cough up the money while I patronize you some more and ignore all feedback because it's not what I want to hear".

If that's how you treat POTENTIAL customers, would be nice to see how real ones get treated when they're clearly right and you disagree.

So far most of your tone has been condescending, dismissive, and on a couple of occasions outright hostile toward Wurm players.  Guess what, it won't change anything.  Shady is shady, dishonest is dishonest, and we're all onto ya.

bird-flip-o.gif

• Like 5

@Kagrenac

The problem is, it's impossible to "Prove" delivery in wurm. Once you sent the item its gone. And proof of me being ready to press SEND on a item im mailing won't do i guess..

That's not a good example because he could've put those items up for sale on the shop site just as easily and people would've chosen that alternative over the introduction of a third party site in a heartbeat. That they sold wasn't because people fulfilled their deep desire of using the third party site, it was because they were excusive to that site because of a decision Rolf had made for them.

Rolf could've put cosmetic items up for sale on the Shop site years ago and they would've sold. He just never did.

"A very vocal minority".

PA, I've seen those exact words used several times in the MMO industry.  It's short for "shut up, I don't give a damn about what you're saying, now cough up the money while I patronize you some more and ignore all feedback because it's not what I want to hear".

If that's how you treat POTENTIAL customers, would be nice to see how real ones get treated when they're clearly right and you disagree.

So far most of your tone has been condescending, dismissive, and on a couple of occasions outright hostile toward Wurm players.  Guess what, it won't change anything.  Shady is shady, dishonest is dishonest, and we're all onto ya.