Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Player Auctions Poll

Player Auctions v2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do business on player auctions?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. (If you voted no) Why?

• Do not trust it security-wise.
    • Do not like the cut it takes off the payment.
    • Do not like the site itself and what goes on there.
    • Other
    • I voted yes and needed to vote on something. Potato.
  3. 3. What is your overall opinion of the site?

• Positive
    • Negative
    • Don't mind it.

nvm posted above Pingpong

time to let someone else give their -1

Edited by SotG_is_OP

I didn't know an F was possible at the BBB. Must be made up like all that dissent and negative feedback from people with agenda's to grind.

I assume it gets an automatic F due to the nature of the service provided.

The complains seem pretty well handeled, I doubt it would be an F if it was any other service they offered.

Bravo, Rolf.  Bravo.

<Snips own comment out, not ready juust yet for another 30 day mute... too many gifs and video clips>

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHfbpL0NDmw

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

I didn't know an F was possible at the BBB. Must be made up like all that dissent and negative feedback from people with agenda's to grind.

According to the wiki: On January 1, 2009, the BBB moved to a new system based on a school-style A+– F rating system

I assume it gets an automatic F due to the nature of the service provided.

The complains seem pretty well handeled, I doubt it would be an F if it was any other service they offered.

You don't have to assume. BBB openly states what the issue is:

Factors that lowered Playerauctions.com's rating include:

> Failure to respond to 7 complaints filed against business.

• Like 1

Just to share my story why i voted No, maybe it's not that uncommon.

When i ragequit wurm i bought world of warcraft lich king, and played.

I had 10 chars, one of each class at max level 80 at that time, okey gear and alot gold.

Then i got bored of WoW and ragequit that.

6 months later i see a mail from Blizzard that say ur char transfer to another realm have been paid for.

And ofcourse, even thou i had not played Wow for over half a year, somehow my account got hacked, got no clue how.

And not only was all my gear and gold gone, apparently the hacker had sold my account to someone, that also had paid to move a char to another realm server.

I had the orginal info so I took back my account.

So im mad at Blizzard, im mad at some random hacker, and im mad at a random shady account sellers on internet.

I bet if u would look up any random account and gold seller site, their organisation numbers (if it even exist) and have a background check, i would not be surpriced if they dont pay Taxes, and they have a criminal record.

And like Markeedragon have clearly pointed out years ago in his youtube videos. When u get involved with thicks as thiefs like this, u can for sure expect when they dont get what they want, they will make u suffer, ur servers will get DDOS'ed by them.

I have used player auctions in the past for both buying and selling. I have also done a few trades on the wurm forums for accounts. Some purchases / sales over a few hundred euro. I must admit I prefer the wurm site for trading vs the player auctions site. The trades I've done on the wurm forums, I've never had an issue with, always get paid or pay with no dramas. The community in wurm makes the sales easy to do and pretty risk free. A bit of research on who ur purchasing from or selling too is really all thats need. Use paypal and there is some level of insurance too.

Playerauctions however I have had an issue or 2 with, lengthy refund process, a decent size cut from every transaction. Have to give alot of information to an unknown party. A live help chat that at times, is not much help and phone support that can be a little too direct at times. I speak of this from personal experience. 

I voted No, and Don't like the cut they take and overall I don't mind it.

There will be people that probably have good experiences on the site however I will not be using the site for wurm purchases. Prefer the wurm forums for this.

Cheers

Edited by Snoo
  • Like 3

I find the irony of using Wurm forums to advertise an auction in full detail that is listed on a 3rd party site rather than using the Wurm forums to do the auction that has been fully detailed to be a bit... heavy.

• Like 3

I miss the option "I couldnt care less".

We all know Rolf gets a flamewar of vulcanic proportions over him each time he tries to link a "third party" to Wurm.

* The sites that could earn you some silver for filling in forms and Q&A

* The program that let you bitcoin-ish to get ingame silver

* Recruiting that youtuber to play Wurm

* And now this auction site

I do like to read all the discussions after such an announcement, and each time I wonder why people can react so furiously.

Some of these replies (especially in the topic Rolf made in City Hall), give me the impresion that Rolf has ruined their life, that Rolf has drained every last bit of what little joy they could get, out of their Wurm-experience.

Were you forced to fill out the forms for silver? => No

Were you forced to bitcoin-mine? => No

Are you being forced to use the auction site? => No

It's as simple as that, you were never forced to do any of those things Rolf presented. All of those were options for you to earn silver by other means (or, in case of playerauction,in a "slightly" safer way).

Ok, you can be angry perhaps and say Rolf is breaking his own ToS by suggesting this site. But then again, Rolf always promoted real life trading of EVERYTHING in Wurm (from accounts, to deeds, to items to pure currency itself, even services).

So in the end, for Wurm, that site isnt breaking any real Wurm-ToS, since the creator of this game is allowing it on Wurm's official forums and said nummerous times over and over again, that he supports real life money trades 100%. (this was actually one of the things that helped me get interested in Wurm 4-5 years ago, the fact that I could earn silver ingame, and maybe one day, when I got bored, could sell for euros again)

True, the site offers trading for games that dont allow it, but why would you care? Is it bad in any way for your Wurm experience that EVE currency is sold? Are you loosing out on some part of Wurm because they sell Runescape party hats?

I can understand that you can get frustrated and angry simply because of the principal of it all, but really, each time I see so many downright paranoid and negative reactions, I wonder if something is wrong mentally with the person to get so angry/paranoid over something like this, something that hasnt affected them in the slightest way other then colliding with a sence of justice, a sence of wrong/right.

I wont use the site, because I feel its shady? Because it breaks ToS's? Because it takes paycuts?...

No, because I was given an option, an option which I simply didnt choose, because I'm happy with the options we always had/have in the past and current and future (forums, alliance trading, ingame pm/channels).

Now to put on my paranoid 99ql woolen cap:

In the city hall, PlayerAuctions said "we decided to take it slow, so its only an option", you could see it as: "In the future, Playerauctions will be the only way". Scary right?

But then again, should it come to that, what stops us from making an IRC-trade channel, what stops us from making an unofficial Wurm-trade-forum? It would all be equally legal like that playerauction thingy, unless Rolf bans every other way of trading besides Playerauctions. But seriously, do you think Rolf is that stupid? Do you think the DEV's working in the office in Sweden wont slap Rolf in the back of his head when he tries to do it, slap him really hard?

Restricting the players in such a way would be virtual suicide for Wurm, and I cant imagen Rolf doesnt know/see that.

Anyways, the current forum trade system (for real life money), is very based on trust. When you do not know a player, and he wants to sell a drake for real life money. You are going to look abit into it ingame if other (more trustworthy) players know him/her, or if he sold anything in the past.

Altho trades-gone wrong will exist, I have a feeling the current percentage of real scam-trades is very low, simply because we pay attention to who is selling. And in the end, if you still dont trust it, dont buy.

Wurm has been, and always will be, a game where you build up trust, make yourself known on the forum/ingame.

Reputation is vital, mess up one time, and your reputation is down the drain.

Someone with a bad reputation usually gets KOS'd server wide or is known not to trade with.

Someone with a good reputation, people will buy off gold/items with an almost 100% safe feeling (and can actually serve as some kind of middleman in some cases that I've seen in the past).

In this case, if you dont trust this new 3d party on the market called "www.Playerauctions.com", then dont deal with it, stay clear of it and go enjoy surfacemining, crafting, fighting exploring in Wurm again.

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 6

Ok, you can be angry perhaps and say Rolf is breaking his own ToS by suggesting this site. But then again, Rolf always promoted real life trading of EVERYTHING in Wurm (from accounts, to deeds, to items to pure currency itself, even services).

So in the end, for Wurm, that site isnt breaking any real Wurm-ToS, since the creator of this game is allowing it on Wurm's official forums and said nummerous times over and over again, that he supports real life money trades 100%. (this was actually one of the things that helped me get interested in Wurm 4-5 years ago, the fact that I could earn silver ingame, and maybe one day, when I got bored, could sell for euros again)

True, the site offers trading for games that dont allow it, but why would you care? Is it bad in any way for your Wurm experience that EVE currency is sold? Are you loosing out on some part of Wurm because they sell Runescape party hats?

You're not touching on an important aspect to it, though:

The fact that they break other game's ToS means they will do it here too. Forget the real world sales, their site offers "power leveling" and macro services for other games... you think Rolf's ToS or EULA will mean anything to them in the future, once they're out of kiss-ass mode?

Rolf can deny the legitimacy of the first macro that showed up for sale there, and honestly, it probably was someone trolling to give bad publicity. Regardless, search around a bit on the net about Wurm, the amount of people that admittedly claim to use/have used macros and their claim(s) of how easy it is to go undetected makes me believe there's possible/probable truth to it. It's only a matter of time before these guys at Playerauctions.com start seeing commissions on sales of those types of things, as they've already made it crystal clear that real world trade for virtual items (including macro applications/programs) is more important than a game's "restrictive" EULA/ToS.

Aside from that, I agree with the rest of what you said. Do I believe Rolf got himself mixed up with the wrong people? Yeah, but it's not really a problem for me because I have the option to not use their service... just like the BLVD media click-an-advertisement-for-coin service.

As for some of the others around here, the sky is always falling. 

• Like 2

I miss the option "I couldnt care less".

I do like to read all the discussions after such an announcement, and each time I wonder why people can react so furiously.

Some of these replies (especially in the topic Rolf made in City Hall), give me the impresion that Rolf has ruined their life, that Rolf has drained every last bit of what little joy they could get, out of their Wurm-experience.

Were you forced to fill out the forms for silver? => No

Were you forced to bitcoin-mine? => No

Are you being forced to use the auction site? => No

It's as simple as that, you were never forced to do any of those things Rolf presented. All of those were options for you to earn silver by other means (or, in case of playerauction,in a "slightly" safer way).

I can understand that you can get frustrated and angry simply because of the principal of it all, but really, each time I see so many downright paranoid and negative reactions, I wonder if something is wrong mentally with the person to get so angry/paranoid over something like this, something that hasnt affected them in the slightest way other then colliding with a sence of justice, a sence of wrong/right.

Anyways, the current forum trade system (for real life money), is very based on trust. When you do not know a player, and he wants to sell a drake for real life money. You are going to look abit into it ingame if other (more trustworthy) players know him/her, or if he sold anything in the past.

Altho trades-gone wrong will exist, I have a feeling the current percentage of real scam-trades is very low, simply because we pay attention to who is selling. And in the end, if you still dont trust it, dont buy.

Wurm has been, and always will be, a game where you build up trust, make yourself known on the forum/ingame.

Reputation is vital, mess up one time, and your reputation is down the drain.

Someone with a bad reputation usually gets KOS'd server wide or is known not to trade with.

Someone with a good reputation, people will buy off gold/items with an almost 100% safe feeling (and can actually serve as some kind of middleman in some cases that I've seen in the past).

You make some interesting points here that I have left within your quote. To me this is what *reading* the forums are all about, getting a glimpse into others thoughts on certain matters pertaining to Wurm. In the end if we agree with each other it matters little within in the scheme of things but more important I think is that these forums provide others a means to express their own thoughts and a sense that they may be considered, even without acknowledgement directly from the powers that be.

And it is pretty simple why players should care if PA sells items contrary to other online games ToS for several reasons already iterated by a number of players. One being that it will attract these types of players to Wurm who blithely ignore other games rules for their own profits and their associated mechanisms for doing so.

Yes, in the end each Wurmanite can choose to use the PA website or not, just as they can to continue to play the game or not, yet I don't think having this choice deprives them from commenting upon it one way or the other. This is what make the forums an enjoyable read, so long may diversity of opinion exist here and be expressed according to each individuals thoughts, be they paranoid, bizarre or brilliant, whether they care less or more. Mods will handle the more abusive ones accordingly, so not much problem there either.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 3

Using player auctions is redundant. Rolf already sells gold off the wurm shop. It would not surprise me if either rolf has ulterior motives for using player auctions, or is being forced too under threat of ddos etc.

• Like 1

Using player auctions is redundant. Rolf already sells gold off the wurm shop. It would not surprise me if either rolf has ulterior motives for using player auctions, or is being forced too under threat of ddos etc.

This would explain a lot of things.

• Like 1

I have not kept up with this thread i admit but now Rolf is being strong armed..c'mon i know we like our conspiracies here but that is just crazy, lol

It will be interesting though what kind of press this will get when/if it hits the gaming news that Wurm Online is "partnering/recommending/selling things" on a gold selling site. I would think that would be bad press not good but....idk

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

It will be interesting though what kind of press this will get when/if it hits the gaming news that Wurm Online is "partnering/recommending/selling things" on a gold selling site. I would think that would be bad press not good but....idk

It will not get to the press.

Everyone looks at Wurm with a smirk and then ignores it, because no one really cares enough about Wurm to make harmful articles about it, because no one will know what the frell Wurm is.

When i ragequit wurm i bought world of warcraft lich king, and played.

I had 10 chars, one of each class at max level 80 at that time, okey gear and alot gold.

Then i got bored of WoW and ragequit that.

6 months later i see a mail from Blizzard that say ur char transfer to another realm have been paid for.

And ofcourse, even thou i had not played Wow for over half a year, somehow my account got hacked, got no clue how.

And not only was all my gear and gold gone, apparently the hacker had sold my account to someone, that also had paid to move a char to another realm server.

I had the orginal info so I took back my account.

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine, he had not even thought of playing WoW for about 2 years, then he got a similar email, turns out his account had been hacked, then the hacker had bought 30 days of play-time (whatever the WoW equivalent is). Friend then took back the account, unfortunately, the same hacker then hacked back into it, then started targeting my friends computer. So Rolf, if you want similar things to happen to your paying customers computers, then you're going the right way about it!

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 1

http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2014/04/07/cyber-shakedown-hackers-unleash-mafia-style-extortion-tactics/

This isn't a crazy conspiracy, lol. Hackers target lesser known websites that are clearly run by amateurs purposefully because they know they are scamming noobs.

Yes, because a legitimate company is totally going to engage in extortion.

I really don't get all the hate.

I'm just going to say that this whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

In 2 months if PA is still part of wurm, I wont be!

• Like 7

Wurm players                   reality

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcIfRtEvNus

• Like 1

This is insane. Wurm players need a reality check.

Rolled for insanity check, failed.

Rolled for reality check, failed too.

My stats are awful.

• Like 2

You're not touching on an important aspect to it, though:

The fact that they break other game's ToS means they will do it here too. Forget the real world sales, their site offers "power leveling" and macro services for other games... you think Rolf's ToS or EULA will mean anything to them in the future, once they're out of kiss-ass mode?

Rolf can deny the legitimacy of the first macro that showed up for sale there, and honestly, it probably was someone trolling to give bad publicity. Regardless, search around a bit on the net about Wurm, the amount of people that admittedly claim to use/have used macros and their claim(s) of how easy it is to go undetected makes me believe there's possible/probable truth to it. It's only a matter of time before these guys at Playerauctions.com start seeing commissions on sales of those types of things, as they've already made it crystal clear that real world trade for virtual items (including macro applications/programs) is more important than a game's "restrictive" EULA/ToS.

Aside from that, I agree with the rest of what you said. Do I believe Rolf got himself mixed up with the wrong people? Yeah, but it's not really a problem for me because I have the option to not use their service... just like the BLVD media click-an-advertisement-for-coin service.

As for some of the others around here, the sky is always falling. 

That is my entire point, As_I_Decay. What does it matter that they demonstate that a TOS/EULA/Rules don't mean anything to them? A lot simply because we have a TOS, EULA, and rules that mean nothing to them beyond the "let's get in thick and then we can forget about all this". IF (I didn't say when) a macro shard harvesting brick factory shows up here, they aren't going to ban them over there. They are going to take their cut and smile all the way to the bank with the checks. The only thing they give a rat's ass about from Wurm Online is their cut of whatever pennies they can funnel through their sieves. Unfortunetly, some players here who care a hell of a lot more about Wurm are pariahs because we fear the gold selling spam bots and the bulk goods factories that run 24/7/365 and don't care if they don't get paid more or less than the going price because scripts don't have anything better to do than run. I can opt out of buying and selling there, certainly, but I can't opt out of the kind of people who operate their business models there maybe coming here to affect my game with macros and bots. So if I need a foil helmet, sobeit. Spend a day in a an MMO with gold farmers. Do you really want that here?

• Like 3

I chose to stand against the practices of the goldshats in other MMOs a long time before I ever heard of Wurm. They are to me as much like real life adversaries as are real life criminals. I consider such activities to be unlawful/illegal. I still chose to live life in a Law abiding way, I respect the laws and try to obey them. I have seen some of the comments made on these forums and in chat in Wurm and I am not surprised that some or many of you do not respect Laws and such. I tried through the years to look past that but no longer.

I care about whether or not the goldshats (that use PA as a service website) sell game currencies from MMOs that forbid the practice in their agreements because I chose to agree to those agreements and I side with the Devs of those MMOs, not with the goldshats.

I don't trust PA because "a merchant for a group of bandits IS a bandit in my eyes". I don't trust PA anymore than I would the goldshats. Their business is designed to directly profit from the activities of the goldshats when they break the EULAS and TOSs of MMOs when they sell game currency and so I hold PlayAuctions (PA) as much guilty of the breaking of those agreements as I do the goldshats (gold farmers/sellers/buyers) themselves. If I see activities like gold farming/selling/buying for MMOs that forbid those activities I report their activities to the Devs of the MMOs involved, and since I played a fair number of the MMOs that have auctions on PA I already know those MMOs don't allow such things to be sold through such sites as PA. How? I agreed to the EULA and TOS of those MMOs and even though I might no longer play those MMOs my agreements I make matter to me.

Rolf has always said for Wurm that we can buy and sell coins, items, deeds, characters, so here in Wurm such activities are NOT unlawful, they are allowed, so I am good with how things in Wurm are. As far as Wurm goes it is allowed here and I am OK with the buying and selling of virtual items even though I don't do it. WHY? Because in the agreements I agreed to when I chose to play Wurm it's says those activities are allowed here.

To me this issue is about right and wrong, law and order, it's about living up to agreements we make when we choose to play these games.

I could look the other way and ignore the present mess... but then....

But now Rolf makes friends with PlayerAuctions, a website that profits from Players openly breaking the agreements they choose to make with the Devs of certain MMOs (that don't allow the selling of thier MMO's currencies or items out of game), and Rolf wants us to just get used to it? Rolf wants us to forget the agreements we as Players have made with the Devs of these other MMOs? Rolf wants to buy us off with special offers for using PA?

NO. Rolf in my eyes decided to become "a bandit". He has chosen to side with my adversaries. Rolf has joined those I will always be opposed to in Online Gaming.

(I am not sure which I find more upsetting... the goldshats and PA or Rolf asking us to forget our agreements we have made as Players to other MMOs?)

and InB4 those who say "Why would you care?"... I find it upsetting that you DON'T care. No wonder our world is a gutter.

Edited by geode
  • Like 9

Spend a day in a an MMO with gold farmers. Do you really want that here?

No, I wouldn't, but when looking at it realistically, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem in our small community. The difference between our MMO, vs the rest on that site, is that those other games are too big to follow the traffic they're pulling in from sources like this, and half of those gaming entities don't even know how many sites like playerauctions exist to break their ToS.

Rolf (and the very large badge team) have 5k people to watch over... that's really not a lot of people. And suppose someone is dumb enough to try to sell a successful macro app on PA, Rolf+team would most likely be the first to purchase it, to see how it operates and to catch those using it.

Finally, let's also take into consideration that Wurm is the grindfest of all grindfests, and making quick money isn't really going to happen. How many hours have to be put in to make 10s worth of bricks at 50 masonry? Why bot Wurm when you can bot a game that's going to be much more lucrative for you?

That's why i'm really not too worried about the type of players they may or may not bring. They'll bail for a different game as soon as they find out the community is super small (can't hide in the shadows) and that it takes too long to make any real money.

• Like 2

Yes, because a legitimate company is totally going to engage in extortion.

I really don't get all the hate.

Yes, and extortion is very profitable for some of the worlds largest "Legitimate" companies.

• Like 1