Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Player Auctions Poll

Player Auctions v2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do business on player auctions?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. (If you voted no) Why?

• Do not trust it security-wise.
    • Do not like the cut it takes off the payment.
    • Do not like the site itself and what goes on there.
    • Other
    • I voted yes and needed to vote on something. Potato.
  3. 3. What is your overall opinion of the site?

• Positive
    • Negative
    • Don't mind it.

Many of you remember a poll that was posted a while ago, and the majority of wurmians said they did not like Player Auctions.. Wellp, rolf apparently was blind for a bit and didnt get to see the poll, nor the opinions in it.. so let's make one he'll see :D

Personal opinion: I don't want to do business where it's a site full of hacking/macroing/untrustworthy business and ontop of all that they take a cut.

Edited by Radni
  • Like 7

I voted no, the cut they take and i don't mind 

I will not use the site to sell things for the cut they take but i don't mind other people using it since Rolf seems to want everyone too. (although i am not real sure why he is so keen on that)

Edit: I do also have a slight distrust that they might sell my contact information or pass it on but that is a risk you take anywhere really.  

Edited by Kegan

I can't speak for freedom, but for epic where i've seen accounts go for as much as 600-700 euro, there's never been any issues with that, or any other trades ingame.  Never seen scams happen personally, could be wrong... but player auctions doesn't seem any more safe than dealing here, specially since their "insurance" only gives you on-site currency compensation.

• Like 1

Since Rolf only wants feedback from those who actually are willing to risk trying Player Auctions in his thread (fair point), I will just post my opinion here:

I find it admirable that Rolf supports RMT, I understand that he finds other games TOS "restrictive", but here is my issue. In any game where you don't agree with the ToS, you always have the option to just not play.

I find it morally bankrupt to encourage us to join sites that disregards other games ToS.

Rolf, you are actively encouraging us to disregard a games ToS if we find it too restrictive. Yet you find it fair to ban people who find YOUR ToS too restrictive. Those games have their ToS for their reasons, just like you have yours for your reasons.

This moral bankruptcy and double standards is enough to make me seriously distrust that you will respect my privacy, so buying from the Wurm store is not something I am interested in any more.

• Like 12

Wurm should devise its own way of selling and buying accounts securely and not rely on shady websites whose only intention is to gouge us.  

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

It's also worth noting that if you use Paypal correctly, you get coverage for fraudulent transactions there too.

• Like 1

as of 10:06am, I am greatly enjoying 29 votes no 0 votes yes. Now if a Dev took notice.....

Anyone know how to say "stubborn as a Bull" in Swedish?

• Like 2

as of 10:06am, I am greatly enjoying 29 votes no 0 votes yes. Now if a Dev took notice.....

Anyone know how to say "stubborn as a Bull" in Swedish?

Replace bull with donkey:

"envis som en åsna"

• Like 2

Cant vote yes because I'd have to tick something in "(If you voted no) Why?"

Cant vote yes because I'd have to tick something in "(If you voted no) Why?"

Will fix when I get back to my computer soon. Can't edit poll on phone

So far 96%!!! of voted people say they would not use this site, and 77% say they have a negative opinion of it. Rolf, you looking at this?

So far 96%!!! of voted people say they would not use this site, and 77% say they have a negative opinion of it. Rolf, you looking at this?

Maybe he cut a deal with Player Actions.

I find amusing how he is trying to force feed people with that site again, even thou that in the last shitstorm about it, was clear that the majority of thought of it as a bad idea..

• Like 1

Usually we're accustomed to PR folks prowling the forums, not actual coders. By all means, facts, are a welcome sight. Due to bans being handed out after feedback was asked for, um...well I'm sure you can understand why some folks might be a tad bit touchy :P

Edited by Pingpong

I would say you do, but we have a right do defend ourselves from dishonesty as well. We all need to admit it happens on both sides.

i voted yes on the first one

2nd one nothing coz i didn't vote no

3rd one nothing coz what site?

and got ths:

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10355]

You must cast your vote in each question of the poll.

so no polled vote from me, but  a replied one instead.

Edited by Wizlawz

I really dislike this site. I can't believe Rolf is promoting a site which is facilitating a platform which provides services which are against the playing rules of games and then expects our player base to follow theirs.

I really hope Rolf stops trying to kick this dead horse and leave it well behind just like he should have done with those ridiculous scamming survey things.

• Like 5

I didn't vote because I never even as much as looked at the website. I don't use it because I simply do not like to have to use mutliple websites.

• Like 1

personally i would only use a cash shop like this if it was attached to wurm its self.  eg, code club owned it.

My personal experience with gold farmers is a mixed one, being that most of the time they hog in game resources with a multitude of toons and massive market manipulation.

Wurm is naturally resistant to the standard gold farmer and the "normal" way they would farm in my opinion.

Does Rolf talk about this kind of decision with the rest of his dev team?

I get the feeling he does not or Im sure someone on his team would have had the foresight to see that this whole thing is probably more bad for wurm than good.

I was planning on coming back to wurm for the challenge server stuff, but this kind of bad decision making makes me think twice.

Edited by Steeloxide
  • Like 1

goldfarming, xp services, macroing and botting go hand in hand. <3

It's highly amusing when a company want to promote a site catering towards people breaking the ToS for other games, yet expect everyone to follow their own games ToS...

• Like 7

To be fair, I'm betting those individuals got blocked/banned for breaking some forum rule. Wurm/Rolf wouldn't ban people just to force then to use PA. I have seen Rolf take extreme action on some cases...an argument in public with doughboy(wasn't wurm, some other web site). Another case where people disputed premium Paypal payments (thinking of when he tried to force PvP on JKH/MRH). Here he refunded money and permanently banned the character.

Of some importance, I'm offended that an Wurm developer is being confrontational with you...Dispse. Entities with official representative (developer, gm, artisits, ....) tags should not be allowed to be insulting and confrontational with customers. Its not that hard to make a forum alt officials.

To be fair, I don't think that Rolf would ban people to force them to use PA either. I have a ridiculous sense of humour, I know. Just like I find it ridiculously hilarious that someone who promotes RMT recommends PA, who.... doesn't allow you to sell/give away your PA account (according to the User Agreement section 4.4). I don't know why the people got banned, at least some of them don't know either. Some got posts hidden and no ban, someone got posts hidden and 3 day ban, and someone got no posts hidden but 30 day ban.

And Dipse, I didn't make any accusations against the company you are associated with. I asked a ridiculous question, which you took personally. For that I am sorry, but your response confuses me. If you consider my ridiculous question as "making up utter rubbish for you own personal agenda and posting them as fact", then should I ignore your questionmark at the end when you call me a past costumer who makes false accusations, and consider that rubbish made up for your own personal agenda and posted as a fact? Then again, maybe I was just naive in thinking that buying 12 months of premium for several characters made me a current customer, and not a past customer. Thanks for clearing that up for me :) That is a very valid point, and explains a lot. But sure - keep insulting the "past" customers - that is a really nice way to make sure that is actually what they become.

If I try to be positive and try to understand why Rolf really wants us to try PA, the one thing that sounds good, is that it is supposed to be a safe way to sell/buy our items, accounts, currency etc. The problem is that PA has gone from a D rating to the lowest possible F rating with the Better Business Bureau in the month since Rolf first recommended the site. And the low rating seems to mainly be due to them simply not answering complaints... 

If I google Player Auctions Reviews I end up with pages of results of various sites where they generally are poorly reviewed. I did look for the positive ones though, and one of the highest was on sitejabber where they get 4 out of 5 stars in total. But if I look more closely, for every six 5-star review they get, there is also a 1-star. And the Wurm forums give me a way better ratio of good to bad transactions than that, so I just don't see the need to give up my privacy, and cut of the profit if I in return get less reassurance than that.

Then there is the issue of only being able to be registered as a buyer (which is needed to even become a seller) if I provide them with landline or mobile phone (pay as you go and VOIP aren't accepted), only 21 countries can register, and transactions can only be done in US or Chinese currency. There are way more (scary) requirements of the sellers. So whether I am buying or selling, it is to a much more limited audience than on the forums and you can't choose silver and/or Euros as currencies, which limits it more, so I would have to buy/sell in multiple locations instead of one, if I want to target the same customers as now. And I would quickly become a less trusted seller on both sites if I try to sell the same items on both sites, so I actually have to pick and choose which target audience I want to sell to for each and every item. And I would have to check both sites when looking for the best deals to buy. As far as I can tell, I can't use auctions on PA either.

So all in all, to use PA I would have to sell out on my morals and get a lot of hassle for it instead.

• Like 9

transactions can only be done in US or Chinese currency. 

It's pretty easy to bind mining and digging to keys, and then it's all in the crafting window. Do the math.

inb4 bricks/mortar 10i per 1k - economics 101 supply and demand

I didn't know an F was possible at the BBB. Must be made up like all that dissent and negative feedback from people with agenda's to grind.