Sign in to follow this  
Evening

What (ninja) happened to my bsbs and what are those ugly things in my warehouse?

.. and without a word from devs, and without even mentioning them in the news.

• Like 1

To be honest I like them, the only thing I don't entirely approve of is how small and unnoticeable statuettes are.

• Like 1

If you like your warehouse to look like a dilapidated abandoned rotting depot, yes, I agree. Because is exactly how it is looking now.

I dunno.. what ARE the ugly thing in your warehouse :) if you mouse over it'll tell you!

The issue with this is that having multiple textures for every wooden object in the game has a huge effect on performance.

This ends up meaning we might make decisions between adding additional textures for an item, or adding a new item at all.

The various wooden changes via shader that has been planned for a while lets us get around this performance hit cleanly, which also means we can have more items in game giving less of a performance hit, less work for the art team where they don't have to create 10 different textures for every wooden item in the game, and opens the door for more customization where _every_ item in the game that is classed as a wooden item will get the updated looks all at once, (not to mention opens the door for other item types - various metals for example - getting the same treatment of updated looks with minimal performance hits).

It really is a good thing for everybody, it just means there may be a short transitional period where you lose the current customization options from certain wooden items that have it - in turn it lets you get the customization on ALL wooden items when the new shader system is implemented.

• Like 1

I'm sad, lost all the ability to see which bsb is which when packed together.

Also there is no bottom of the new model, you can see through it from below. Bug logged ...

it's funny to hear Kyara residents complain about this performance change.

The only town defence Kyara have is the lag ?