Sign in to follow this  
iann

Buff Hate and Power (maybe others) don't nerf Shield of the Gone

I keep hearing people want to nerf Shield of the Gone and I feel that's just wrong people spent literal years working on that and deserve their reward.

But I do know that other people spent years working on the other paths as well Hate and I suppose Power being the other two PvP meditation paths excluding Love which I guess would serve as a battle field medic.

(I'm from epic and this is meant for epic freedomer's can respond, but please know this is meant for epic servers)

My suggested Buffs

Hate: At level 11 they get a 10% passive buff to attack as well as their current one that can stack with their active damage buff. Fear could work on enemies in PvP as well, but for a shorter duration like 30 seconds.

Power: Reduce the timer on their abilities by at least half. (I think erupt should be every 3 to 6 hours) Trap immunity should be passive and maybe throw in a hunger and thirst decreased by 50% at level 11 as well as Stamina of The vibrant Light and maybe even a 10% attack activated buff as well with a pretty short timer like 12 hours.

(Even with all the abilities added to power I put in there I still feel it's under-powered, but in an effort to not benefit one thing too heavily I'll leave it as so)

Love and knowledge are both kinda "sit in your deed and skill kinda paths" so I don't really think they need PvP buffs. I would suggest buffing knowledge's skill gain from 25% to 33%. Seeing as by the time you get there your probably 70-90 in all the skills you want.

If you truly wanted to add an element of PvP to love you could make Love effect work on tamed animals or even turn their tamed animals to your side (not zombies). But I don't really care about that as Love seems more PvE and support role as is. Not to mention double healing kinda is awesome already.

Edited by iann

iann, on 21 Nov 2014 - 4:12 PM, said:snapback.png

(I'm from epic and this is meant for epic freedomer's can respond, but please know this is meant for epic servers)

upper case pls, I was caught

Edited by janekpolaczek

Why do these get cool downs, while SOTG is 24/7. Making all level 11 paths last forever seems about even :P

Why do these get cool downs, while SOTG is 24/7. Making all level 11 paths last forever seems about even :P

Trust me I hate activated abilities as much as the next guy. But in the interest of not overhauling the entire system for everything but Shield of the Gone the minor buffs tend to even out in my calculations. With hate you have a potential of 60% bonus damage which is higher than Shield of the Gones defense, but the 50% is activated while the 10% is passive. Power seems to be about versatility on the battle field, but you can't have infinite erupts so you can just hsorten the timer, but trap immunity should be passive that's just a given.

Nerf SOTG instead to 25% or so. Your suggestion just make everything even harder for new players.

• Like 1

Nerf SOTG instead to 25% or so. Your suggestion just make everything even harder for new players.

New players didn't spend 2 years getting a meditation path that high. Not to mention new players don't PvP and if they do they are just meat shields anyway.

Yeah thanks for proving my point.

Go to any other MMO created where a player who just started should be as good as a player who has played for years. Then come back to me after you've created it and found out it failed miserably.

Go to any other MMO created where a player who just started should be as good as a player who has played for years. Then come back to me after you've created it and found out it failed miserably.

Even before meditation there was a huuuuuge gap between old and new players.

I am on power on one of my accounts, and I do like the suggestions you made! currently if you are unlucky lava can spread faster than you can freeze xD Even for freedom some changes like this would work.

• Like 1