Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Feedback wanted from PlayerAuctions

A website for buying accounts I see, which takes cut from us. How about this:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/115161-idea-for-buyingselling-accounts-in-game-with-100-safety-not-playerauctionscom/

Seems a good idea and something that almost everyone will agree to (except rolf)

Personally, I dont have a problem if we give 1% of our sales to the GMs who will be moderating all the sales support calls in game,that way the GMs will also have a source of some income, rather than some random site who has nothing to do with wurm.

This game doesnt interfere with buying selling accounts, so why would GMs worry about the account sales to be fair? Well this 1% can give them more of a reason to do their difficult non-paid jobs. :)

Edited by Hashirama

That site SUCKS! It requires way too much work to even put something on there to sell.....also requires a ton of crap to purchase stuff too. Yeah, I'll never use it much easier to just use forums. If you want a player auction system put one ingame in each starter town and allow us to put items on there and handle the other auction stuff via forums like selling accounts/silver.

dead-horse.gif

It's done. It's over. Move along. Nothing to see here. Real world experience outside of this particular sale on this particular site at this particular time is not the real world experience wanted. The horse is dead so we might as well stop beating it.

• Like 2

Have you and Rolf discussed/exploring having PlayerAuctions handle some or all of official Wurm Shop operations, including credit card/PayPal  purchases and sales of silver coins, Premium Time and sales of player accounts? 

IF THIS EVER HAPPENS I WILL QUIT WURM PERMANENTLY!

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 2

As pointed out above, I'm beating a dead horse, but Wurm Online needs to move away from using forums for transactions and into an auction software suite designed specifically for it..  Add a tab to the top of this forum that links to it, make it a mod for invision power board forums so it is integrated into the forum...link it to ingame characters or to forum accounts.  It needs to be handled BY the Wurm Online team, not a 3rd party.  Add a feedback system so that people can really believe it when someone's alts say that the seller is a trustworthy person.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

As pointed out above, I'm beating a dead horse, but Wurm Online needs to move away from using forums for transactions and into an auction software suite designed specifically for it..  Add a tab to the top of this forum that links to it, make it a mod for invision power board forums so it is integrated into the forum...link it to ingame characters or to forum accounts.  It needs to be handled BY the Wurm Online team, not a 3rd party.  Add a feedback system so that people can really believe it when someone's alts say that the seller is a trustworthy person.

In game system for trading accounts, 1% cut to GM, i dont mind, they work hard and dont get anything anyways, they will get something from this. 

1% cut is secondary, primary idea is in game trading of accounts. All rolf and game staff have to do is to see the records when support calls are done, my awesome suggestion must be seen, view link in my previous comment :P

<snip>

Once people actually bought and used the platform, and were able to adequately speak from experience that PlayerAuctions does not steal people's identity, does not take people's money and run, and does not sell personally information, or send out tons of spam... that people would begin to change their mindset and would actually entertain the idea that welcoming PA and our community might actually improve things in Wurm far more than provide detriment. 

Right now, we're seeing how this is going :)

I would be more than happy if Rolf worked together with other like-minded game companies to generate a website that didn't have it's foundation and continued existence based on unethical practices.

I bought a character for 600e, and later sold that same character for 600e.  On the forums.  Through Paypal.  I have no problems with buying and selling items.  What I have a problem with is intentionally acting against the wishes of the owners of games.

A great many game companies have clearly indicated that they do not want players to be buying and selling their in-game items and currency. Unfortunately, your company, PlayerAuctions, is highly disrespectful of the wishes of companies that actually want control of their intellectual property.

If Rolf moves to make your company the sole acceptable place for player sales, he'll never see a penny of my money again, and I was actually looking forward to the Challenge server too.

As a final note, PlayerAuctions, you, personally, might not be a money grubbing, ethically challenged person without any interest in the rights of game creators, but the company you are advocating for was built with no other purpose than to make money on grey market trading and the careless destruction of in-game economies.

I'd be all for an ingame version, it's been done before, it's widely used now, it just works.  It's a safe feature with no risk, it's been proven.

My drawback is it just takes away from the classic Wurm Online feel.  Having it webbased, with maybe some sort of ingame viewer (exactly like how the wiki is done on the website and the game has a viewer to look things up) would be a nicer implementation.